Game 'Updates' turn into full reinstall

Discus and support Game 'Updates' turn into full reinstall in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, this is the second time this has happened. I install games onto my portable hard drive because I don't have enough internal space to fit all of my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by uJamesz, Jul 27, 2014.

1. uJamesz
    uJamesz Guest

So, this is the second time this has happened.

I install games onto my portable hard drive because I don't have enough internal space to fit all of my games.

It started out with Sniper Elite III when I tried playing with a friend of mine, when there was (as he said), a 62mb update. As expected, I launched the game to find that it required an update and so I started it and went to do other stuff while waiting.

The problem however was that when I came back, it was still downloading. I had used over a GB of downloading data on this '62mb update', so it was obvious to me that something was not right, and it is actually re-installing the entire game.

Now I assumed that would be a one off, but I arrived home today to find that an update had 'stopped'. Apparently, once again, when I choose to resume it, is re-installing the full Destiny Beta at the size of 12.6GB.

TL;DR: Sometimes an update will result in me having to reinstall the whole game. It's just random, and I don't know why.

I'd love some help with this issue. Thanks to contributors.

:)

uJamesz, Jul 27, 2014
  2. Psychonauts Update Broke the Game?

So, any update on the situation? I still can't play the game...

ZombieOrbit44, Jul 27, 2014
  3. FiFi LaFey
    FiFi LaFey Guest
    Advanced warfare trippy download

I managed to install the Day One release. Went to update at midnight and it has decided to reinstall the full game!? Help!

FiFi LaFey, Jul 27, 2014
  4. Game 'Updates' turn into full reinstall

Try clearing local saved data by going to settings system, the selecting clear local saved data. If that doesn't work try doing a hard reset by holding the power button on the front of the console until it turns off then unplug it from the out for 30 sec
    then plug it back in and power back on.

MaximumExtreme, Jul 28, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: