Game Specific Question, Not Sure Where to Ask -- Content Restriction

Discus and support Game Specific Question, Not Sure Where to Ask -- Content Restriction in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I apologize that this is game specific, but it applies to a couple of games so I'm guessing it is related. I have both Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2. In... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chris Quick, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Chris Quick
    Chris Quick Guest

I apologize that this is game specific, but it applies to a couple of games so I'm guessing it is related. I have both Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2. In the message center of both games, my children can see cars that are offered for free from the games, but
    when they go to download the car the XBox One pops up a message that they cannot download the content due to content restrictions. They also cannot download car tune settings or liveries, so I'm guessing it is related to the content restriction.

Here is my question: I want to allow my children to download the free content and have access to the liveries/car tunings, but I'm not sure what content restriction is blocking this. What content restrictions have to be removed so they can do this?

:)

Chris Quick, Apr 25, 2016
  2. VernierSlake
    VernierSlake Guest
    Not sure where to ask this question-- about profile content

I'd wager dollars to donuts that your previous ban was in violation of the sexual orientation rules. You're only allowed to use a select few terms (and no variations) and can only use those terms to identify yourself (eg I am bi). Futanari is not one of
    those words and also carries with it some connotations that would be in violation of referencing sexual matters.

As for your current attempt at a bio I'd play it safe and just not bother with that phrase.

VernierSlake, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Lt Lemonhead
    Lt Lemonhead Guest

I previously made a few unanswered posts in forum 15, asking why my profile content was considered offensive (I just came off a two-week ban), and I was miffed that I never received a reply.

Now, today I read this in the reply to someone else's post on that forum:

"This forum is solely for the purpose of learning the reasoning behind individual Xbox LIVE account suspensions, not to debate their duration or validity. The suspension will stand as issued."

This may be a silly question, but is there any such forum where we can question a suspension?

I know calling customer support is pointless; their answer is that it's not their jurisdiction, and that XBLPET should be contacted. I can appreciate that the PET can be difficult to get ahold of-- I mean, if they were readily available for 'discussion',
    they'd be swamped with the same inane arguments 24/7.

Anyway, my question was about my profile content: I was hoping to get a reply as to whether anything I intended to use in my profile would be considered offensive-- sort of submitting my bio for approval before I entered it on the profile, to avoid another
    suspension.

The only reason I thought this step necessary? My previous suspension was due to a phrase that, for the life of me, I can't figure out how it violates the ToS/CoC; also, when I began to re-enter the rest of my profile information, on one phrase I received
    a "word or phrase not allowed" pop-up; when I entered the phrases one word at a time, to find out what the offending word was, I received no pop-ups. I re-entered the entire phrase, and this time received no message.

So now, I'm really hesitant about filling out my profile, for fear of another suspension.

Is there any way I can get a thumbs-up/down on my planned profile content before I enter it?

Lt Lemonhead, Apr 25, 2016
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

you should be able to change the settings for their profiles here:
    account.xbox.com/settings

I'm not exactly sure which properties, but perhaps these

Xbox One Online Safety - Buy and download - Decide what content to allow to buy and download on Xbox One.

Privacy - Share stuff people make (Xbox 360: Member Content)

Let us know the results

5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

you should be able to change the settings for their profiles here:
    account.xbox.com/settings

I'm not exactly sure which properties, but perhaps these

Xbox One Online Safety - Buy and download - Decide what content to allow to buy and download on Xbox One.

Privacy - Share stuff people make (Xbox 360: Member Content)

Let us know the results
  6. Lt Lemonhead Win User

Thanks; I just got a little paranoid, since the offending profile content that got me suspended for two weeks was "I need some futanari", which I find humorous, but can't see any way that it would violate the terms of service (seeing as how it would be akin
    to saying 'I need a woman' or 'I need some men').

Also, when I went to re-enter my profile content after the suspension was lifted, I got a flag on the phrase "My god! You're a fetus!" (yes, I know it's juvenile, silly, and probably funny to only me-- but it's not offensive.. is it?) ...This is the phrase
    that I entered word by word, trying to find out where the offending word was (I've noticed in the past that words like "capital" are not allowed for some reason.. idunno) ..anyway, each word of that phrase gave me no flag, and then entering the phrase again
    gave me no flag.

I'd like to return some parts of my profile to what they were before, but I'm not in the mood for another suspension.. I'd just appreciate it if someone could tell me if such a phrase would be ok or not.

Also, if the phrase "My god, you're a fetus!" does have something offensive-- am I just waiting for another suspension, since it was in my profile before?

Thanks
  7. Mister Gwyther Win User

Hey Lemonhead. As you said, you've read the Terms, so as long as your profile adheres to that standard, you should be just fine. As Vernier put it, if you are questioning anything, it's best to err on the side of cautious. I hope this helps, thanks!
  8. Lt Lemonhead Win User

I've already read the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct, at least the sections regarding profile content/interaction with other users.

That's what worried me, when I started getting flags for random phrases.
  9. VernierSlake Win User

General rule if you can't be bothered reading the terms of use or code of conduct is 'if you have to ask about it best not to put it in'.
Thema:

1. Game Specific Question, Not Sure Where to Ask -- Content Restriction - Similar Threads - Game Specific Question

2. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  3. How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?: I bought from the Microsoft Store a game on windows 10 but when I changed windows to windows 11 and then signed in to my account I couldn't find the game I bought. I searched everywhere but...
  4. I cannot run specific games

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot run specific games: Anytime I try to run a game, it crashes immediately. most will throw up their start up menu then crash right after. Error message: The server...
  5. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  6. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically): So, I picked up a series X the other day yet am used to PC gaming in competitive games so I would like playing with my M&K in the finals. For some reason, even though I can use my keyboard and...
  8. Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console: My brother connected my controller to his console (Xbox Series S), after that no matter how many times I connect and reconnect my controller to my computer, it doesn't work. I also tried system...
  9. My xbox series s is not able to download a specific game and is displaying “installation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series s is not able to download a specific game and is displaying “installation...: Hi, I purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 2023 recently and played it for a while just fine. Then the game got an update and it is not downloading the update displaying an “installation...
  10. Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.: Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game. Everytime I try to download the game it stops before even installing at all and gives me the installation stopped...