Game sharing/transfer with new Xbox Live Gold membership

Discus and support Game sharing/transfer with new Xbox Live Gold membership in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My boys have been using the same Xbox One S under different profiles. We have purchased a new Xbox and will be purchasing another Xbox Live Gold... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JasonParker6, Aug 15, 2020.

1. JasonParker6
    JasonParker6 Guest

My boys have been using the same Xbox One S under different profiles. We have purchased a new Xbox and will be purchasing another Xbox Live Gold membership so they can each have their own. Is it possible to: 1) transfer games/data from the original Xbox
    to the new console, 2) use an existing profile to purchase/apply the new Xbox Live gold membership? I am aware of using the "Home Xbox" option to share games, but we have tried that and have run in to problems when both boys want to play online multiplayer
    games at the same time. Thanks!

:)

JasonParker6, Aug 15, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Mister Urkel Win User

If I move my child's gamertag to a "child" Microsoft account, does the XBOX Gold membership move with the gamertag?

On the Xbox One you share one membership as long as the they label this console their home console. Now the sharing of gold membership on the Xbox One console is limited to just the One. If your son decides to also play the 360 still and wants to play on
    live you will need to continue to purchase a live membership after it expires. As long as you migrate his Gamertag correctly to the new console, everything will transfer as well.

So again. Yes everything will transfer when you sign on to the correct account on the Xbox One console. You will have access to share the gold membership on the Xbox One console. If you want to use the 360 still each person will need to have a separate gold
    membership in order to access live.

Hope this helps.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox live

4. RicanDynasty82 Win User

tranfering xbox live from one account to the other

So if I make my account my home Xbox on my Xbox One all the games and live will also go on my new account?
    Using your original xbox live account, set your xbox as your home xbox. Once you do that, you can share your games and xbox live gold with the new account. Nothing can be transfer, nor the games or data. But you will be able to utilize your new account with
    your previously purchased games and gold membership.

Does it this make sense?
  5. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Saying I do not have xbox live gold but I can still play online?

It is not possible to transfer membership from one account to another. When sharing gold membership via the HOME setting only the paid account gets the gold benefits such as discounts and games with gold
  6. SGTxJEFFSKYLION Win User

Audio over the kinects

sharing Xbox live gold membership only works on the Xbox One. unfortunately on Xbox Live, everyone will need a gold membership to be able to talk to each other and play games together.
Thema:

1. Game sharing/transfer with new Xbox Live Gold membership - Similar Threads - Game sharing transfer

2. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  3. Xbox recording and share in youtube games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox recording and share in youtube games: a very necessary function, like on the PlayStation 5 recording and uploading games to YouTube for at least 30 minutes submitted by /u/Prize_Material_2433 [link] [comments]
  4. Will game sharing include cloud gaming in the near future

in XBoX on Windows
    Will game sharing include cloud gaming in the near future: All the Xboxes in my house are connected and cloud gaming was very important while game sharing 1a21e7bc-507f-44b4-b36c-5b2683eb8aa2
  5. Sharing xbox game pass

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Sharing xbox game pass: So I wanted to use my brother subscription from a different console and different account but I can't, and the thing is that xbox says that it is possible but I still can access gta online....
  6. Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with: so i recently started game-sharing with this friend of mine. However he has a subscription already which is xbox live core, and i wanted to game share game pass ultimate with him so if i cancel...
  7. Oh boy more game sharing issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Oh boy more game sharing issues: I'm sure you've seen something like this before. So currently my brothers game sharing with me and he has Xbox gold. But when I try to go into any online games that take gold it takes me to that...
  8. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  9. Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once: This is pretty basic as the question suggests. I want to share everything my xbox holds with both my brother and uncle. Is there a way to do this, even if it costs money? Do date, I am only...
  10. What to do if game share does not work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What to do if game share does not work: What to do if game share does not work for the person that cannot play games from another person’s account? 2bd93914-bd1a-4837-a965-6c5fd61eedf1