Game sharing MW3 and bought vault edition upgrade

Discus and support Game sharing MW3 and bought vault edition upgrade in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m game sharing COD MW3 from a friend’s account that owns the full game. Recently I have purchased the vault edition upgrade on the account that does... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tom bas, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Tom bas
    Tom bas Guest

I’m game sharing COD MW3 from a friend’s account that owns the full game. Recently I have purchased the vault edition upgrade on the account that does not own the game and I am confused as to why I cannot access any of the instant content (operator skins, weapon blueprints). I was wondering whether this is because I don’t own the full game that I cannot access the vault edition content?

:)

Tom bas, Nov 19, 2023
  2. iHaveHobbitFeet Win User

Will it be possible to upgrade from mw2 vault edition to mw3 vault edition on xbox series s ?

I own mw2 vault edition, and I was wandering will it be possible to upgrade to mw3, as it gives me the option to upgrade or will I have to purchase the whole new game ?
    I assume you are talking about the "MW3 Vault Edition Upgrade".

If so all that does is upgrade people who already bought the digital crossplay edition ($70 version) of MW3 and want to upgrade that ti the vault edition.

If you dont already own the digital crossplay version of MW3 then the upgrade won't do anything at all for you.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

I only bought the vault upgrade from MW3 without MW3 just WZ and MW2 and I don't have the rewards.

Maybe what I did was something very dumb but I thought I can get the MW2 rewards like the zombie ghost and then the weapons in Battle royale later just by buying the vault upgrade. My question here is I need the full game to claim the upgrade or I need to wait or it was something else.
    You definitely need mw3. All you bought was the vault edition upgrade which is for people who already have the standard edition of mw3 and wanted to upgrade to the vault edition.

So without owning the standard edition of mw3 the vault edition upgrade is essentially useless to you.
  4. Marc Saiger Win User

MW3 Vault Edition Upgrade

Hi there!

I just purchased the Vault edition upgrade for MW3 through the Microsoft store on a Series X.

I am playing MW3 through game sharing with my brothers account, who bought the base game.

After reading your reply I went forward and bought it - now, yesterday as well as today I haven‘t gotten any of the unlocks, no operators, nothing.

I have deinstalled and installed the game as well yesterday, even installed the vault edition pack but after the download today it still says I can get the operators with the 110€ Vault edition. When I check the Vault edition upgrade on the MW3 in game store, it says „owned“. Unfortunately, I still don‘t have any of the packs skins/weapons.

Any idea on what to do? Should I refund the purchase and buy it again..?

Best regards,

Marc
  5. KindGryphon Win User

So I purchase. The modern warfare 3 upgraded version, but I don't have modern warfare, 3 do I need modern warfare 3 to be upgraded like I only have war zone, so do I need the modern warfare 3?

L contact [mod removed]
    Yes you would need to purchase the digital crossplay version of mw3 in order for the vault edition upgrade to work.

The vault edition upgrade simply upgrades the digital crossplay version of mw3 to the vault edition.
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Tom B, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I understand your frustration. Here are some solutions that might help fix the issue with accessing COD MW3 Vault edition content:

Check if Season 1 has started: For many players, the Battle Pass is currently not working because it is not active. It is not technically absent. In fact, any BlackCell rewards you have from the $99 version of Modern Warfare 3 won't be available until Season 1 begins. While we don't have an official word on when MW3 Season 1 will begin, rumors point to a release date. start of December 6. Therefore, a “solution” is to wait until Season 1 starts

Check if you purchased the correct edition: If you also notice that you don't have other Vault edition rewards, such as the Nemesis Operator Pack and weapon vaults, then MW3 is not recognizing that you have the Vault edition. Make sure you have purchased the correct edition first.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to contact us again.
Thema:

1. Game sharing MW3 and bought vault edition upgrade - Similar Threads - Game sharing MW3

2. I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...: I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought the vault edition and it’s not giving me vault edition stuff 93b02e79-badb-4a06-9785-8cc2fa1706c8
  3. MW3 - Cannot Share to Social Networks Message After Every Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 - Cannot Share to Social Networks Message After Every Game: After every game of MW3, whether it be Zombies or Multiplayer, I get 2 messages saying I need to change a setting (privacy) to share on social networks. As the family owner, I have changed all the...
  4. I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it: I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it 383b6bea-8a2a-4295-b410-e601616b36b5
  5. MW3 game share

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 game share: So recently upgraded from two Xbox One's to two Xbox X. MW3 is now telling us we can't both play at same time. It says that my account is currently playing and only one person can play at a time....
  6. If I my brother bought the vault edition of MW3 and is game sharing with me is it possible...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I my brother bought the vault edition of MW3 and is game sharing with me is it possible...: I’m am game sharing MW3 with my brother and wanted to get the skins but don’t want to have to spend the extra 100$ to get the game and vault pack can I just buy the vault edition upgrade...
  7. Is game sharing going to be available for mw3 at launch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is game sharing going to be available for mw3 at launch?: I game share and would like to know if the new call of duty is going to be sharable. I don't have access to the early campaign but I have the game and its files downloaded....
  8. Me and my wife game share will mw3 game share be available on release

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Me and my wife game share will mw3 game share be available on release: Bought it on my account I can play the campaign but my wife can’t really don’t want to pay for it 2 times ad12f14e-5063-4e11-a94a-1e68224f190d
  9. can you game share mw3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can you game share mw3: I've seen online that you may not be able to game share mw3 but I didn't know if you could. 5516967a-3185-4583-9662-1e488f93ab61
  10. why can’t I game share the new mw3 on different accounts on the same Xbox?????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can’t I game share the new mw3 on different accounts on the same Xbox?????: bro idk why but just because we pre-ordered mw3 on a different account on the same Xbox, I can’t play mw3 on a different account on the same Xbox. it’s crazy how activision was greedy enough to do...