Game sharing, anyone?

Discus and support Game sharing, anyone? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Makes sense to go digital if there is more than one console in the house , I'm wondering if it only applies to games or if stuff like season passes ,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WingsOfHalo, Apr 15, 2014.

  1. dainja raas
    dainja raas Guest

    Game sharing, anyone?


    Makes sense to go digital if there is more than one console in the house , I'm wondering if it only applies to games or if stuff like season passes , map packs etc could be shared also.
     
    dainja raas, Apr 17, 2014
    #16
  2. As far as I can tell, if you make a different console your "Home console" then that console would be able to use your DLC, and as you had purchased it you should be able to use it on your own console (providing of course that you don't set your own console
    as the "Home console" and you are signed in as the gamertag that purchased it).

    I haven't tried or tested this though, but that is my understanding of how the whole thing works.
     
    Lout Of Order, Apr 17, 2014
    #17
  3. I'm still a little behind on how it works lol. It would be nice if it was straight forward enough to understand. I wont jab the process but I would hope that it was a case of only having to buy one game per household (disc I mean). Then use it like that,
    rather than multiple discs for each console. Then again, it didn't work like that on the 360 so I can't grumble too much eh.
     
    Mark Sherwood, Oct 31, 2018
    #18
  4. Lout Of Order Win User

    Game sharing, anyone?

    As far as I can tell, if you make a different console your "Home console" then that console would be able to use your DLC, and as you had purchased it you should be able to use it on your own console (providing of course that you don't set your own console
    as the "Home console" and you are signed in as the gamertag that purchased it).

    I haven't tried or tested this though, but that is my understanding of how the whole thing works.
  5. Lout Of Order Win User

    Game sharing, anyone?

    A really good article/explanation of how the game sharing works is here -
    winsupersite.com/.../xbox-one-game-sharing


    Apologies if that link is not allowed, however I believe it just outlines how it all works rather than anything untoward...

    Feel free to remove if necessary :)
  6. ThisParty©FitsHisFa Win User

    Game sharing, anyone?

    If somebody is using the "Family" option and playing games from thier "Home XBox" on another console can the game still be played on the "Home XBox".

    I'm interested in how this works as I did think about doing it with my son if I buy him XBox One for his birthday.
  7. Mark Sherwood Win User

    Game sharing, anyone?

    Hey there WingsOfHalo :)

    Maxen speaks the truth. This would be considered marketplace theft if that is what you are implying in your opening post? Either way, please do not advertise this sort of practice if that is the intention. I have removed the Skype address from your post
    as its against the rules to advertise your social media. You are more than free to post it in your forum signature as well as any other links to other channels.

    The community here is fantastic and not to be bias, but I have a fondness of these specific sections! Welcome to the forums, I have no doubt you will make good friends in some of these peeps.

    :)
  8. WingsOfHalo Win User

    Game sharing, anyone?

    "If you're trying to do this by exchanging details and switching 'Home' consoles, you should be aware that this would be against the Xbox Live Terms of Use. And also exchanging passwords and login information with unknown parties is just, generally, a terrible
    idea from a security viewpoint and highly unlikely to end well"

    Wasn't aware this was against terms and conditions..

    If it's available and able to be done, why would that be so?
Thema:

Game sharing, anyone?

Loading...
  1. Game sharing, anyone? - Similar Threads - Game sharing anyone

  2. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  3. Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?: Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature? Here’s the exact situation: I insert a physical game into my Series X and claim the digital...
  4. Digital Disc Conversion Game Share

    in XboX Insiders
    Digital Disc Conversion Game Share: Saw the news about the disc to digital license conversion. I was wondering if that digital license would translate to game sharing? Like if I used a disc, would the other Xbox get the digital...
  5. Help me with game sharing please

    in XboX Insiders
    Help me with game sharing please: for context. we have 2 Xbox’s, and the main one was game sharing with a friend of our family. the friend bought shadow of the erdtree, but when I tryed to download it on the Xbox that never game...
  6. need help with game sharing problem , do you own this game or app glitch

    in XboX Insiders
    need help with game sharing problem , do you own this game or app glitch: please someone help me i would very much appreciate it , i always buy games on my xbox through my account then go on my brothers xbox go on my account download the game then sign out and we both...
  7. Is there any reason why when my friend game shared me I made his account my home Xbox it...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any reason why when my friend game shared me I made his account my home Xbox it...: I just wanna know why would my friend game cheer me and I made this account my home Xbox I’m still not getting his games on my console fdc1fe0a-9dc6-415d-97da-203e13e5caa2
  8. Why is my multiplayer not working on my friends account when I’m game sharing

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my multiplayer not working on my friends account when I’m game sharing: Hello, I’m needing some help with my ultimate Xbox game pass. I’m sharing with a friend and they for some reason can’t access the multiplayer side of the gamepass without having my account open....
  9. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  10. Anyone know about game sharing and perks/cloud gaming? It seems the shared gamepass from my...

    in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know about game sharing and perks/cloud gaming? It seems the shared gamepass from my...: Basically the question. My brother set my console as his primary/home and has his account on my Xbox so I should be able to play all gamepass games and all his bought games but for some reason,...