Game Save Cloud error? Game Save Data Gone

Discus and support Game Save Cloud error? Game Save Data Gone in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello and thank you for your time. I bought the game Deep Rock Galactic on the Windows Store 2 years ago and have been enjoying it ever since. The game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by poe dameron1, Jul 11, 2022.

1. poe dameron1
    poe dameron1 Guest

Hello and thank you for your time. I bought the game Deep Rock Galactic on the Windows Store 2 years ago and have been enjoying it ever since. The game has frequent updates, however, I often found it difficult to update the game through the windows store. Eventually I found that the best way to ensure a good update was just to uninstall the game and reinstall it. It usually works and my save data would cleanly sync through the cloud. However me and my friends were recently having some connection issues so we thought that the game might need an update so we all uninstalled the game as usual. As usual, I pressed the Win key, typed in Deep Rock Galactic and pressed uninstall. It gave me a warning "This app and its related contents will be uninstalled." It scared me but I had seen that message before and my save game data was still there after reinstall. So, I did it and went back to reinstall the game through the Microsoft Store. It redirected me to the Xbox app where I saw there was a new Xbox app. I clicked on the new xbox app. I was signed in all was well. I clicked the reinstall button and it reinstalled eerily fast. Normally it takes a couple of minutes even on my gaming rig, but this was just about instantaneous, I booted up the game and even saw the "syncing your data" loading screen for a second (about the same amount of time it took when it worked) but when the game started, I found all my save data gone, and all my characters at level one. Deep Rock Galactic has an in-game option to restore saves. But it said that it "Failed to retrieve cloud saves." I tried to roll back the game through the "Previous Versions" option in File Explorer. But the problem was the same. All my save data was gone. I looked online to see if I could find the file path to my old save data. I found it, but the only file in there was created that day (7/9/22). I could not understand the code and did not try to change anything, but nonetheless it is gone. Thank you for reading the long message.

Some questions that might help.

Did windows change what it means to uninstall a game? Does it now mean that when you uninstall a game all the save data goes too?

If my saved data is in the cloud, where can I "find the cloud" so I can find my files in it.

How to recreate the error.

Press uninstall on Deep Rock Galactic. Reinstall the game through the new Xbox App

What I tried.

After the first bad reinstall. I tried rolling back the game to a previous version two months back. It was the only version available and I did not mind losing a little progress. After I did it, I restarted my pc and booted up the game. My save was still gone and it still could not retrieve my cloud saves through the in-game option. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game again. This time the redownload was the appropriate amount of time. It showed the "syncing your data" screen and it got to 100% but the save was still gone

***Post moved by the moderator from the windows forum category.

:)

poe dameron1, Jul 11, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi poe dameron1,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi poe dameron1,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Have a great Day!

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello poe dameron1,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are trying to retrieve game data of Deep Rock Galactic and is unable to because you are getting an error after uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern and help you back to gaming.

We would like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Have you login the correct Xbox Account?
    • Have you tried going to your Xbox account and check on your profile to see the data of Deep Rock Galactic? Account with Xbox | Xbox
    Normally the the game data will not change or rather not be affected after the uninstall and reinstall process. All your save data usually goes with the game.

If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We are looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. STEVEOkx66 Win User

Dark Souls - Items on another xbox are waiting to be uploaded. Help?

As of now i am locked out on both systems. I cant move the data or delete it from the 360 it says "items on another xbox are waiting to be uploaded" Then i go to the xbox one and try to run the game and it says the same error. I have gone back and forth
    a few times. I also started a new game on the 360 and saved it on the hard drive. I then moved this data to the cloud, overriding the cloud saved data, and then went back to the xbox one again and got the same error. Also because you cant delete the cloud
    saved data i cant start a new game on the xbox one or select a save device without getting that error.
  6. oOYou SuckOo Win User

Does uninstall game delete saved game progress?

It does delete the save data. I just uninstalled a game and the save file for it is gone. I don't know if the cloud copy of the file is gone as well.
Thema:

1. Game Save Cloud error? Game Save Data Gone - Similar Threads - Game Save Cloud

2. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  3. Fall Out 4 will not load saved games from the cloud, Delta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Fall Out 4 will not load saved games from the cloud, Delta ring: My Xbox series X is in preview Delta. I have continually received the message of no more memory available while trying to start a game in Fallout 4. I can play it on the cloud servers, but cannot...
  4. Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.: Hi all, Any chance to explain how to choose a game and upload his save game MANUALLY to the cloud? On PlayStation it was so easy, choose the game, select the content, select the save game then...
  5. How do I know when my saved game has been successfully uploaded to the cloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I know when my saved game has been successfully uploaded to the cloud?: Hi, I am playing Football Manager 2024 which has a fairly sizable saved game file size in comparison to many other games. I play on it on my Series X and save the game. I wait usually 5 mins in...
  6. Overwrite cloud save data with local game data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwrite cloud save data with local game data: My Dream Light Valley profile, which you're allowed only one game, was deleted in the cloud and I lost all game progress there. On my Xbox S, however, I still have my old profile and most of my...
  7. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?: Hi noted my game file was corrupted after a patch update. Is there a way for me to retrieve an old cloud save for xbox PC? Game in question is Remnant 2 f6557681-f382-49da-9624-931e9e78e9a2
  8. How do I turn off cloud saving for Starfield on Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off cloud saving for Starfield on Game Pass?: I only have 5gb of onedrive, and I need to turn off cloud saving. I dont use it anyway and I wont be blackmailed into buying more storage that I dont want. a5104da8-f63a-4b50-82a4-235951397600
  9. Can’t save games on Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t save games on Xbox cloud gaming.: Hey I’m new to the cloud gaming, I’m trying to play gears of war 3. I got it to work on my pc and iPad but it’s not saving my games progress. I’m seeing the checkpoint market but when I reload...
  10. Starfield on Xbox Game Pass for PC cloud saves?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield on Xbox Game Pass for PC cloud saves?: I have been having a hell of a time with Starfield for PC through the Game Pass. It seems every time there is an update to the game, when I try to start the game it instantly crashes. After hours...