game rentals? Ny1 else think this could be good?

Discus and support game rentals? Ny1 else think this could be good? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [quote user="Galactic Geek"] Although I personally like the idea, I'm not sure if they would actually implement something like this. I think they (MS,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Dobbatron, Mar 26, 2014.

  1. game rentals? Ny1 else think this could be good?


    [quote user="Galactic Geek"]

    Although I personally like the idea, I'm not sure if they would actually implement something like this. I think they (MS, publishers, and developers alike) could potentially lose money because more people would start renting at lower prices rather than buying
    (especially with single-player titles). This would also hurt anyone they do a significant amount of business with (such as Gamestop). So, yes, I think it's a good idea from a consumer standpoint, but not so much for anyone else.[/quote]

    Good point, but renting games may hurt the used game market and we all know how much some developers/publishers hate the used market.
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, Mar 26, 2014
    #16
  2. Igneuss
    Igneuss Guest
    I think game rentals is a great idea. Have you tried Gamefly? It's saved me hundreds of dollars - but I also think Microsoft needs a streaming service similar to Playstation Now (which works great for me, but do have a hefty internet connection).

    Bottom line Microsoft has the servers to make this happen so I think they should go for it - not to mention they could in theory use stronger hardware on the server end and give us 1080p all the time (just like HD movies) with little or no input lag.
     
    Igneuss, Mar 26, 2014
    #17
  3. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    What vision is this you speak of? The vision of turning a physical disc into a "delivery system" so people with shoddy internet could lose their ownership rights like the digital buyers? Any vision Microsoft has with a digital future can still be implemented
    with those that prefer DIGITAL. Unless you are of course one of those "crackpots" that believed in the "Buy 1...Get 9 FREE!" daydream. ;-)

    Peace, J.R.
     
    J.R.G., Oct 31, 2018
    #18
  4. TM HOLLAND Win User

    game rentals? Ny1 else think this could be good?

    Isn't that already an app? minus the game renting?
  5. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

    game rentals? Ny1 else think this could be good?

    @Hairy, Not crackpots. But definitely wimps.

    I hope someday they bring back the original vision. (Including DRM)
  6. disc frolf Win User

    game rentals? Ny1 else think this could be good?

    I have been talking about this as well maybe add a way to purchase the rental at a discount if you really enjoyed it, I mean hell you already would have it installed
  7. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

    game rentals? Ny1 else think this could be good?

    I have been mentioning this for many years. Would be great for sure.
  8. J.R.G. Win User

    game rentals? Ny1 else think this could be good?

    @Hairy, Not crackpots. But definitely wimps.

    I hope someday they bring back the original vision. (Including DRM)
    What vision is this you speak of? The vision of turning a physical disc into a "delivery system" so people with shoddy internet could lose their ownership rights like the digital buyers? Any vision Microsoft has with a digital future can still be implemented
    with those that prefer DIGITAL. Unless you are of course one of those "crackpots" that believed in the "Buy 1...Get 9 FREE!" daydream. ;-)

    Peace, J.R.
Thema:

game rentals? Ny1 else think this could be good?

Loading...
  1. game rentals? Ny1 else think this could be good? - Similar Threads - game rentals Ny1

  2. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  3. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  4. October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 6, 2026 -...
  5. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  6. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  7. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  8. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  9. Console gaming rental xboxx ps5 qc san juan area

    in XboX Insiders
    Console gaming rental xboxx ps5 qc san juan area: It has been a decade since i played and now im craving fox xbox games, where can i play for rental before i buy one. Prefers quezon city or nearby areas. Philippines submitted by...
  10. Ideas for games - game rental

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ideas for games - game rental: It would be great if it had a kind of " Netflix " games, with various pay- rental options . In the case of the " Netflix " are just movies and series . =/ a937d0eb-103b-4b75-8217-5d74356aa566