Game Pass/Xbox - "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live" - 0x0000042B Error

Discus and support Game Pass/Xbox - "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live" - 0x0000042B Error in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Any game that requires an extra sign in always gives me an error with signing in (specifically 0x0000042B currently). I've tried resetting all... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DanStroud, Oct 21, 2023.

1. DanStroud
    DanStroud Guest

Any game that requires an extra sign in always gives me an error with signing in (specifically 0x0000042B currently). I've tried resetting all different kinds of Xbox app (including gaming services) as well as the microsoft store app, and no progress has been made. I'm subscribed to Game Pass and have been having this issue (or similar) on and off for over a year now. I've also tried re-installing the affected games. I'm running on Windows 10 and have a suitable gaming PC with all the latest updates applied (both to Windows and apps themselves). I am also logged into my account in the Xbox app, Microsoft Store and Windows itself.

Game Pass has been a frustrating experience for me as an issue seems to occur at random every couple of months in some way, shape or form (previously it's been apps failing to install for example). Often the issues just sort themselves out after X amount of time (often with a lot of the above plus Powershell commands) but this issue doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Game Pass/Xbox - "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live" - 0x0000042B Error [​IMG]

Game Pass/Xbox - "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live" - 0x0000042B Error [​IMG]

:)

DanStroud, Oct 21, 2023
  2. DanStroud Win User

Checked PC time and signed out of my account in the Xbox app. Also re-installed the Xbox app for good measure after a repair/reset. Managed to sign back in after reinstall. Loaded up the same game again to get the same result/error.
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Points 1 and 2 are done through the PC, you must go to the Xbox.com website and log in there normally. Regarding point 2, you must verify that the date on your PC is correct.

In case this doesn't work, let's hope that an expert who has had a similar problem can help you.
  4. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi DanStroud! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I am very sorry that you are going through this situation, I did a search and several users have also reported having this same problem. I understand that you have taken several steps to try to solve it, but I will post some to see if I can help you this way:

1. On your PC, go to Xbox.com and select Sign in. If there are problems with your account, the instructions will help you solve them. If you can't get past the login screen, select Forgot my password and follow the instructions.

2. If that didn't work, select Home button > Settings > Time & language. Under date & time, make sure the Set time automatically setting is turned on. Open time and language settings.

3. If none of those options work, select Sign in button > Settings > Accounts, then find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select Delete. Then go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just deleted. Open configuration.

If you have already tried these steps, let me know, so I will look for other solutions for you. As additional information, I leave you the following YouTube video where a user explains the solution to this error code:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJw1UXR2BKM

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  5. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Ok, I imagine you are logging into Xbox Live through PC, is that correct?

Well, if so, step number 2 is about ensuring that the date and time on your PC is correct. If so, you must perform step 3, which is to delete your account from the application and then start again.

So that you understand a little better, you can restore the application and install it again.
  6. DanStroud Win User

Should add that that error shows up specifically when I try signing in again (after the "Let's get you signed in" screen)
Thema:

1. Game Pass/Xbox - "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live" - 0x0000042B Error - Similar Threads - Game Pass couldn't

2. I have xbox game pass ultimate and when I load up rust it say couldn't connect to xbox live...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have xbox game pass ultimate and when I load up rust it say couldn't connect to xbox live...: I have no idea what to do it's not working I need some help please 1d949dcd-3a25-4da5-a379-e08a7617099c
  3. We couldn't sign you int to Xbox Live (PC Game Pass Windows 10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We couldn't sign you int to Xbox Live (PC Game Pass Windows 10): After download and install a game from xbox app, with a PC game pass available, when I launch any game I get this error on my PC: We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live We can't sign you in to...
  4. We couldn't sign you int to Xbox Live (Game Pass PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We couldn't sign you int to Xbox Live (Game Pass PC): So on the game pass PC app, I am able to download games fine but when I go to play them I get this error on my tower PC: We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live We can't sign you in to Xbox Live...
  5. Couldn't use my Xbox Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Couldn't use my Xbox Game Pass: Hello, i couldn't use my xbox game pass on PC, then i assumed it was canceled since i couldnt cancel it as well then 3 days ago i got the transfer of 12,99€ for the plan renewal, i don't want...
  6. Xbox Game Pass couldn't install my game storage unit which i choose

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass couldn't install my game storage unit which i choose: I tried somany thing like: 1- I tried to download from Microsoft Store 2- I changed my install location 'Setting/Storage/Change where new content is saved' 3- Allways selecting other storage...
  7. Game Pass Ultimate charged me twice. Microsoft Support couldn't really help

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass Ultimate charged me twice. Microsoft Support couldn't really help: I've already spent an hour in the support chat regarding this issue, and they couldn't help me. My partial card details didn't pull anything up on their system, and none of the accounts on my...
  8. Game Pass Ultimate Sub: couldn't grab EDF2025, can't grab Tekken Tag Tournament 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Ultimate Sub: couldn't grab EDF2025, can't grab Tekken Tag Tournament 2: I'm in Italy, and I couldn't grab EDF2025 and now I can't grab Tekken Tag Tournament 2. On my PC I get an infinite spinning ring if I try to purchase TTT2, same thing happened with EDF2025....
  9. (PC) Game Pass Xbox (Beta) app, We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live Authentication target...

in XBoX on Windows
    (PC) Game Pass Xbox (Beta) app, We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live Authentication target...: Since the announcement of E3 i have been trying to sign into the new Xbox (beta) app on my windows desktop. and no matter what i do i get: We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live Authentication...
  10. Game Pass Ultimate (Alpha Users who couldn't add codes)

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass Ultimate (Alpha Users who couldn't add codes): [IMG] submitted by /u/tom_watts [link] [comments]