Game Pass says my storage is full, but i have 175Gb of free space (Error Code 0x80073cf4)

Discus and support Game Pass says my storage is full, but i have 175Gb of free space (Error Code 0x80073cf4) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The title says it all really. I'm trying to install Sea of Thieves, which is only 42Gb, and the drive i'm trying to install to has 175Gb of free space.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Valeska89, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Valeska89
    Valeska89 Guest

Game Pass says my storage is full, but i have 175Gb of free space (Error Code 0x80073cf4)

The title says it all really. I'm trying to install Sea of Thieves, which is only 42Gb, and the drive i'm trying to install to has 175Gb of free space. The download is currently stuck at 16%, keeps stopping and every time i try to start it again it resumes
    for a minute or two before stopping again. I get an Error message saying "You're running out of storage space" with the Error code 0x80073cf4, and the only help i've been able to find for that code tells me to just free up more space.

Can anyone offer any help or solutions?

:)

Valeska89, Nov 18, 2019
  2. zmaster2XXX Win User

I had this issue recently, where I thought it was using the external drive, but it was installing to the internal. I had to change the default, reset, change the default back, reset and then it worked fine.
  3. Valeska89 Win User

Not a stupid question :)

i do have more then one drive, and i have checked to make sure i'm using the right one. I've set it as my default, and other games i have downloaded have gone to that drive with no issues
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

Maybe a stupid questions, but: Have you more than one drive on your PC? Are you sure you are using the right drive?
  5. BrandoLUVRachey Win User

System Error: E102 00000C10 8007045D and many others issues

Also this first started with storage space being ”too full”. If this helps for any solution to the problem. I had around 80% of my storage space full on my Xbox and I tried clearing space local saved stuff. I don't know all the mumbo jumbo but I tried
    that and then the problem persisted after that. So I deleted all my games and downloaded a couple to only have a few. Then work my way back up. Then when I tried downloading more it kept saying installation stopped right in the middle of downloading. After
    that I only had around 4 games on my Xbox. Some I couldn't even open or play because it would give me an error for taking too long to start. Asking me to uninstall and then install the game again. I just now was finally able to restore my Xbox to factory settings
    again with all games deleted. Then when I tried downloading ONE game it gave me the same issues of installation stopping then saying that my storage space is full and to delete local save files in order to play. With around 4% of storage space taken on the
    hard drive.
  6. cquarry Win User

Can't Update Console - XBox Live, USB or CD, WTF?

After reading the support page (HERE) it looks like one of the things that can cause this error is not having enough storage space. If you go to Settings > System
    > Storage please let me know how much free space you have in your storage devices.
Thema:

1. Game Pass says my storage is full, but i have 175Gb of free space (Error Code 0x80073cf4) - Similar Threads - Game Pass says

2. I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games: I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games what do I do in this situation? b947258f-e5fa-4992-bbf9-bff1ea0862b7
  3. Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.: I have an Xbox 1s, and when I try to put in my Star Wars Battlefront game disc to play multiplayer it says "Looks like you need to renew EA play. If your subscription is current, try quitting and...
  4. How do I fix my GTA online it say I need premison but I got game pass and been reaching all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my GTA online it say I need premison but I got game pass and been reaching all...: My gta5 will not let me play it’s saying your profile needs promision to access gta online all day resherching and I can’t get it working ab258064-30d4-4c18-94f6-1198739b3e67
  5. I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...: I cant buy xbox pc game pass, probably becuase I previuosly had subscription "xbox game pass friends & family" untill March 2023. When ever i try to buy pc game pass it just says I already owned...
  6. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...
  7. if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza...: if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza motorsport? or are they included free with the pass as long as i have the subscription?...
  8. I have game pass paid as part of my phone contract but it's saying payment has failed but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have game pass paid as part of my phone contract but it's saying payment has failed but...: I have game pass paid as part of my phone contract but it's saying payment has failed but EE says it's gone through at there end any body know how to resolve this please...
  9. I have xbox game pass ultimate and when I load up rust it say couldn't connect to xbox live...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have xbox game pass ultimate and when I load up rust it say couldn't connect to xbox live...: I have no idea what to do it's not working I need some help please 1d949dcd-3a25-4da5-a379-e08a7617099c
  10. I can't purchass game pass when I put in my billing info it says error on our end try again

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't purchass game pass when I put in my billing info it says error on our end try again: When trying to purchass game pass it says error on our end try again and it won't let me make the purchass 4f902b3f-990a-4d48-8ede-b4d30c09302a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one gamepass error-code-0x80073cf4

2. Xbox game pass error code 0x80073cf4

3. xbox one message 0x80073cf4