Game Pass PC "Rated Above Restrictions"

Discus and support Game Pass PC "Rated Above Restrictions" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I keep getting a "game is rated above restrictions" error on Game Pass on PC I have tried resetting my DOB and even signed into my account on my xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Marc-AndréSarrazin, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Game Pass PC "Rated Above Restrictions"

I keep getting a "game is rated above restrictions" error on Game Pass on PC I have tried resetting my DOB and even signed into my account on my xbox and it says my accounts restrictions are set to "unrestricted". I can't even install games rated T the only games I'm able to install on PC are games rated E but on my xbox I can install the rated M games.

:)

Marc-AndréSarrazin, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi MorganMullins, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

If you can confirm that your birthdate is an adult, kindly repair the Xbox App by following the steps below:

Settings > Apps & Features > Apps > Search for "Xbox" > Advanced Options > Repair.

After that, sign out your account on the Xbox App then sign back in. Check if you can now install Xbox Game Pass games.
  3. AraGureghian Win User

Funny! I felt young for a minute. I am 74! But yes, it worked clicking the repair box. Thank you.
  4. Cpt Gorn Win User

I had to re install the Xbox App
  5. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hello Marc-AndréSarrazin, my name is Jose, and I would be happy to help.

Unfortunately, the solution to this problem may vary depending on the platform and specific details of your account. Here are some general steps you could try to resolve the "game is rated above restrictions" error on Game Pass on PC:

Check the restriction settings on your account:

Make sure you have logged into the correct account.
    Check the account restriction settings both in the Xbox app on your PC and on your Xbox console.

Adjust the restriction settings:

Try changing the restriction settings on your account to ensure they are correctly set to "unrestricted."

Update the Xbox app and drivers:

Ensure that you have the latest version of the Xbox app on your PC and that your system drivers are up to date.

Reinstall the Xbox app:

Uninstall the Xbox app from your PC and reinstall it from the Microsoft Store.

Contact Xbox Support:

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, reach out to Xbox Support. Provide specific details about the error and the actions you have taken so they can offer personalized assistance.
    Remember that specific details may change over time, so it is always advisable to check the latest Xbox documentation or contact support for specific help with your situation.

Xbox Technical Support: https://support.xbox.com/

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Jose.
  6. Rostom L Win User

rated above restrictions

Hi there! Let’s do our best here to sort this out.

To confirm, are you trying to download it from a Windows 10 or Windows 11 machine?

Let’s check if you’re using an adult account or a child account by checking your account privacy settings via https://account.xbox.com/Settings. If you could access your privacy settings, that would mean that you’re using an adult account. But if you were redirected to a different page, you’re using a child account where you need to be added to a family group because only an organizer or adult account can change a child’s privacy settings.
Thema:

1. Game Pass PC "Rated Above Restrictions" - Similar Threads - Game Pass Rated

2. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  3. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  4. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  5. Conversion rate of game pass ultimate

in XboX Insiders
    Conversion rate of game pass ultimate: This probably sounds dumb but If I buy game pass core for 12 months and then game pass ultimate for 1 month will I get game pass ultimate for 12 months that way? submitted by /u/PrankyBoy07...
  6. Gears Tactic on PC Game Pass have a Low Frame Rate Problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears Tactic on PC Game Pass have a Low Frame Rate Problem.: How I fix it?? Even low setting still does not help Spec R5 3600 1660 Super 16 GB 2a94475a-a347-4019-b8ea-e411c634815e
  7. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Conversion Rate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Conversion Rate: I've recently been made aware that you can convert existing Xbox Live Gold subscription time to an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. I, however, have not been able to find a definitive answer...
  8. What is the conversion rate of EA Play with the Game Pass Ultimate $1 deal?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    What is the conversion rate of EA Play with the Game Pass Ultimate $1 deal?: Hi! I have 12 months of EA Play subscription, and I saw that if I use the $1 Game Pass Ultimate deal, EAPlay will convert to GPU, but what is the conversion rate? 1:1? So, if I have 12 months of...
  9. XBOX LIVE GOLD to Game Pass Ultimate - conversion rate question (applicable to 2021 answers...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    XBOX LIVE GOLD to Game Pass Ultimate - conversion rate question (applicable to 2021 answers...: Hi, i've 14 months of Gold Live left on my account and might take up the £1 offer to go Game Pass Ultimate but when I select it on my XBOX ONE S, it says 3 months for £1 then £10.99 a month after...
  10. Rate & Review Button Disappears on Game Pass for PC for games with no reviews

in XBoX on Windows
    Rate & Review Button Disappears on Game Pass for PC for games with no reviews: I am quite sure this must be a bug that needs to be addressed, basically if you download the Game Pass App for Windows 10 and browse games you are only able to rate and review games that have...