Game Pass on new console not working

Discus and support Game Pass on new console not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I finally got my Xbox Series X and after I got all of my games on the new console it will not let me play online games that require Game Pass Core... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Luke.JW, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Luke.JW
    Luke.JW Guest

I finally got my Xbox Series X and after I got all of my games on the new console it will not let me play online games that require Game Pass Core which is what I pay for on a yearly subscription. For example, anytime I try to open Rainbow Six Siege it gives me the error (0x803f800e). I can not find a way for my Xbox to recognize that I have an active subscription.

:)

Luke.JW, Dec 26, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Luke! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox online multiplayer.

Kindly confirm if your subscription is active on your account by signing on to account.microsoft.com > services and subscription.

Note: Ensure that the subscription you have is either an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass Core because both subscriptions enable your online multiplayer feature on your account. If you do have an Xbox Game Pass for PC or Xbox Game Pass for Console, these subscriptions do not activate the online multiplayer feature.

Once you have confirmed that you have an active Xbox Game Pass Core or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on your account, kindly perform the following workarounds according to the official Xbox website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

"Remove your account, power cycle, and re-add your account:

Here's how to remove your account:

> Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    > Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    > Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

Power Cycle:

> Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

> Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Then re-add your account.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & System > Add or switch > Add new.
    Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

Note: Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless you want to create a new Microsoft account.

Enter the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Enter.
    Review the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.
    Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In, security & PIN preferences to finish adding your profile to the console."

Then check if you will be able to play any of your Xbox games online.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Smwutches Win User

Game pass codes

No. The Game Pass code that is included in consoles can only be used for new Game Pass accounts. So since you've already had Game Pass, it will not work.
  4. oh sieg heil no Win User

Having multiple issues with Xbox.

Why am I still able to play my digital games on the new console then? I'm not following. Only my dlc/season passes arent working, everything else on the new console is working fine.
  5. Saturnz0 Win User

Xbox game pass

Hi. I'm getting a new laptop in a few days and it has one month of free Xbox game pass. My brother plays in an Xbox one. Is there any way i can share my Xbox game pass with him?
    hi, NOTwarrior007_

I understand your question.
    To share subscription between PC and console, you need Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

• The Game Pass for console works only on the console.
    • Game Pass for PC works on PC only.
    • Game Pass Ultimate works on both

If you have Ultimate you can share with him
  6. Ben Fillingham Win User

New Series S Question

Also having the same problem with the Game Pass Subscription not carrying over to the new console, so it works under my account, but not on the new console under any other profiles
Thema:

1. Game Pass on new console not working - Similar Threads - Game Pass console

2. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  3. how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console: how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console b0c02a9e-7b65-439e-a872-d1497d1a0372
  4. Xbox game pass (for console) problema

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass (for console) problema: Olá, gostaria de saber oque se passa com minha inscrição no game pass(for console) com o custo de 10,99€/mês. Eu tinha os 3 meses de oferta na compra do console e agora renovei para o game pass...
  5. Help with the Game Pass trick with main consoles.

in XboX Insiders
    Help with the Game Pass trick with main consoles.: Hellooooo. I have a pretty big "problem" and I have no idea what it could be. It turns out that for years I have been sharing games and Game Pass with a friend on a console in a very simple way. I...
  6. I need help accessing my new console and accumulated games, not game pass through my tv.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help accessing my new console and accumulated games, not game pass through my tv.: I need to access my console and accumulated games, not game pass through my tv. ebc296ad-7937-407a-9ede-eaf1c319da9a
  7. Share games and ultimate game pass between 3 consoles.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Share games and ultimate game pass between 3 consoles.: I have 3 Xbox series X consoles all are within the same house. we have 3 separate Xbox profiles for me and my 2 sons. is there an option (free or paid) to have the ultimate game pass shared...
  8. I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child: Hello everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with a Game Pass Ultimate issue on our family Xbox One console. Here's the situation: I have an Xbox One with my main...
  9. How can you play Halo MCC split screen Co-op(?) without a game pass -Xbox console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can you play Halo MCC split screen Co-op(?) without a game pass -Xbox console: I just bought a digital code Halo MCC on my xbox S. I want to play in split screen with my little brother in co-op mode (as a team, not competitors). However when I tap the Multi-player bar->...
  10. Can I use PC game pass and Console game pass with one account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use PC game pass and Console game pass with one account?: Is it possible to use one account with Gamepass Ultimate to play one game on console whilst playing a different game on PC? For example, could my account be used to play Ark in console and State...