Game pass membership subscriptions

Discus and support Game pass membership subscriptions in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I wanted to leave my feedback on how to improve game pass subscriptions. I think Microsoft/Xbox should get rid of the core membership option and just... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Dry-Philosophy-3052, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Game pass membership subscriptions

I wanted to leave my feedback on how to improve game pass subscriptions. I think Microsoft/Xbox should get rid of the core membership option and just have game pass for Xbox and game pass for PC and game pass ultimate. And with all of Xbox first party studio games release them all on game pass day 1 of release on but put the standard versions of the games on game pass for Xbox and game pass for PC then put the ultimate/deluxe versions of the games on game pass ultimate.

submitted by /u/Dry-Philosophy-3052
    [link] [comments]

/u/Dry-Philosophy-3052, Feb 13, 2024
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Converting gold to game pass

You can't convert it to Game Pass directly.

If you however have an active Game Pass ULTIMATE subscription (that combines Gold and Game Pass), the Gold membership card will add time to your Ultimate Membership.

However, since ULTIMATE combines two subscriptions, you won't get the full 3 months from the "Gold only" membership card.

According to the
    Game Pass ULTIMATE FAQ page
    you will get 50 days of Game Pass ULTIMATE added to your subscription with a 3 month Gold prepaid card.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Downgrade "xbox game pass ultimate" to "xbox game pass gold" not possible

Hallo Matthias,

Grüße aus Deutschland!

It might be, that you can not sign up for the Gold membership (without Game Pass), unless your Game Pass Ultimate membership has ended.

While you have cancelled your subscription, you might still have time left on your subscription, and therefore can't add the Gold membership yet, as Xbox has an internal conversion thing, where you can add "standard" Gold membership prepaid cards, that are converted to Game Pass Ultimate time.

So you might have to wait until your Game Pass Ultimate membership has ended completely in order to activate the Gold membership.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox Gamepass

It depends on what subscription you currently have.

There are several different subscriptions, that allow you to do different things.

There is the
    Xbox Live Gold membership
    , that allows you to play online multiplayer against other people on Xbox Live, and you get some free games each month as the "Games with Gold" program, and special discounts in the "Deals with Gold".

Since you mention "The Outer Worlds", this is a game currently in the
    "Game Pass" subscription
    . Game Pass is like "the Netflix for games", where you pay a monthly fee, and can play the games currently available via Game Pass.

However, if you ONLY have the Game Pass subscription, you can only play the single player part of the game. Multiplayer would ALSO require you to have the Gold Membership subscription.

If you find you do need both Gold and Game Pass, you could try and get
    "Game Pass Ultimate"
    , which combines the Gold membership for online Multiplayer via Xbox Live, the Xbox Game Pass subscription AND the

PC Game Pass
    subscription, which allows you to play games on the PC as well. All for the price of the Gold membership and Xbox Game Pass alone .
  5. luissolid Win User

Game Pass Ultimate Cancelled My Xbox Live Subscription

Hello welcome to the forums!

When sign up to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate you Xbox Live Gold membership and Xbox Game Pass membership convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, actually the system clarify how many Months you will get for your active subscriptions. Then you can get back to the old
    membership.

Regards!
  6. Mistress Sara Win User

I want to upgrade the console game pass bought today in my account to the Ultimate gamePass.

Per Game Pass FAQ page, you can purchase Ultimate subscription (store > memberships) and the time you have in your current Game Pass subscription will then convert into the Ultimate subscription. Note it's not a one to one conversion.
Thema:

Game pass membership subscriptions

1. Game pass membership subscriptions - Similar Threads - Game pass membership

2. Inactivity Notice: Your PC Game Pass membership appears inactive?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactivity Notice: Your PC Game Pass membership appears inactive?: I've received this email: We noticed your PC Game Pass membership has been inactive for the past 12 months. We want to make sure you take full advantage of your membership and not pay for...
  3. I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I can't change the language on the computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I can't change the language on the computer: I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I downloaded the game with English language support on the computer, but the game is in Spanish and there are no language changes in the game. How can I...
  4. Forza horizon 4 saying I need a xbox live membership even though I have xbox game pass and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 saying I need a xbox live membership even though I have xbox game pass and...: I logged on to see that it says playing online is unavailable even though I have xbox gamepass and I press the xbox button on my controller and everything is normal and I can go to my friends tab...
  5. My 2-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership code is not working

in XBoX on Windows
    My 2-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership code is not working: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership code was given through the discord application, it gives an error when I try to use it [img] 0df623df-197b-4544-b117-20182becc51e
  6. wont let me play ea game even though i have a game pass ultimate membership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    wont let me play ea game even though i have a game pass ultimate membership: so i cant play a ea play game even though i have a ultimate membership. it will let me download games and have been playing skate 3 for awhile now but a few days ago i tried to open it and it is...
  7. Can I upgrade to game pass ultimate after my current Live Gold Membership runs out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I upgrade to game pass ultimate after my current Live Gold Membership runs out?: I currently have a 3 month xbox live gold subscription which I got to play games like Garden Warfare on my 360. Today I got a Series X and want to know if I can upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate after...
  8. The UNEQUAL HASSLE of cancelling your game pass membership

in XboX Insiders
    The UNEQUAL HASSLE of cancelling your game pass membership: I'm going to make this quick as I can, entering into a recurring monthly subscription to anything these days, especially on xbox, is too easy, it is literally at the tips of your fingers at any...
  9. bought Game Pass Ultimate for $1 yesterday, got charged but no membership received after...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    bought Game Pass Ultimate for $1 yesterday, got charged but no membership received after...: so the title says it all, i bought the recent 3 months for $1 deal of Game Pass Ultimate. put in my details, but it says PUR-ProcessorDeclined. however I have also received a confirmation text and...
  10. xbox game pass not recognized membership

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game pass not recognized membership: I paid for the xbox game pass unlimited package but I go into perks so it shows me that I need the unlimited version and I have the regular version and then I have the option to manage it through...