Game pass games on PC crashes due to access violation errors

Discus and support Game pass games on PC crashes due to access violation errors in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. As so many others, i am experiencing crashes for all Game pass games that are not launched via a third part app such **** EA, Ubisoft and more.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Andreas Lindgren, Sep 4, 2023.

1. Game pass games on PC crashes due to access violation errors

Hello. As so many others, i am experiencing crashes for all Game pass games that are not launched via a third part app such **** EA, Ubisoft and more.

Example games where issue happens:
    A Plague Tale Requiem
    Atomic Heart

I have a dump file log from A plage tale, please see below the access violation creating the crash.
    I have tried all troubleshooting steps seen on answers.microsoft.com and nothing works.

I have even reset my Windows install and installed everything again.

I have no issues with any other games that are played via Steam, local, epic games, ubisoft, GOG Galaxy and more. This issue is strictly related to games played on Game Pass PC.

Please note, OS version is wrong according to dumpfile. I'm on Windows 11, not 10. official windows installation

:)

Andreas Lindgren, Sep 4, 2023
  2. Glenn Rue Win User

Hello, Andreas Lindgren.

Welcome to the Microsoft Community Forum. Please accept our warmest regards and sincerest hope that all is well.

From the description you have provided you're experiencing crashes with PC Game Pass games. And from the log file you provided, it seems that the issue is related to an access violation error.

This issue may be caused by Windows settings that need to be changed. Or it may also be a problem with the computer you are using. So, let's work together as a team to get to the bottom of this. But to better assist you I need for you to answer the questions below. Your answers will help me formulate a solution that works for your issue and thus allowing us to resolve this a lot quicker.

1) What version of Windows are you using? We specifically need the edition and version number of Windows your device is running. To find out which version of Windows your device is running, press the Windows logo key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK. You'll get the window below and we need the information highlighted in red.

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTO

2) Can you provide us a photo of your System Information window similar to the sample below? To get to this window please type msinfo32 in the Search box. Right-click System Information in the search results and select Run as administrator.

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTO

3) Can you tell us how much free space your C drive has? Please use our guide below to find out.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ba5a?msclkid=3e97d74ebbd411ecbf078b6294ac405d

4) How long have you had this issue? An exact date of when this issue occurred could prove helpful. If not possible an estimate in days, weeks or months will be fine too.

5) If you create a new Windows user profile using the guide below; log out of your current profile; and log in to the new profile, do you still experience the issue you described above? I've included a photo of the steps you need to follow from the link provided.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...2-a866-32915af2a34d#WindowsVersion=Windows_11

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTO

Hope to hear from you soon.

Respectfully,

Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Glenn Rue Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in the last 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. Moving forward, we will not be monitoring this thread so if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking the link below. Or click on the Ask a question option as shown in the photo.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/newthread?threadtype=Questions&cancelurl=%2Fen-us%2F

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Glenn
  4. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Game Is crashing (Access Violation Error)

‬Hi, Luccioni,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Unfortunately for this issue with DOTA, we do not offer any support within Xbox Forums regarding this issue. If you continue to have problems with this specific game, I would connect with DOTA (Valve) support and work with their support team. Another thing you can do is post this issue within the Steam Forums, and maybe someone within that community can offer some guidance. I did find this information on that specific error and suggest looking at this link; hopefully, it helps.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered."
  5. Ava Thompson1 Win User

Is there a way to play Minecraft without logging in to the Microsoft store with the right Microsoft account ?

To play Minecraft on a Windows PC, you typically need to be logged into the Microsoft Store with the account that owns the game. This is due to the way Microsoft manages game licenses and user authentication.

However, if you have Minecraft through Xbox Game Pass, and your Windows 11 account has access to Game Pass, you can play Minecraft without switching accounts. Game Pass allows for family sharing, so as long as the account with Game Pass is set as the home account on your PC, all profiles on that PC can access its games.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing on startup

Hello Tigress3346,

Thanks for your reply.

We understand that you are having issues with Forza Horizon 5, and it keeps on crashing in startup. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

If you already bought the game where you do not need Xbox Game Pass subscription to access the game title, then this game should be playable. We found out that the crash is listed among the known issues from the game support of Forza Horizon 5:

Crashes

• Crash - Crashes during free roam, tuning cars, applying upgrades due to memory issue causing loss of tunes, cars, or upgrades
    • Crash - Game may crash on launch for some players. Please see support article "My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC"
    • Crash - Game may crash with the error message "The memory could not be read" (Date Updated: 10.04.22)
    • Crash - PC - Some players are crashing on launch with no error message at startup after series 14 update (Date Updated: 11.22.22)
    Link: FH5 Known Issues – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

If you notice, you will see some players were getting this issue. So, we recommend you to first perform this troubleshooting the game support suggested - "My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC" then if issue persist, you might be of need to contact the game support for assistance.

We look forward for your update.

Regards,

Thema:

1. Game pass games on PC crashes due to access violation errors - Similar Threads - Game pass games

2. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  3. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  4. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  5. Can’t sign in to game pass on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t sign in to game pass on pc: I just downloaded the game pass app and when I try to sign in it says “Sorry something went wrong. Try again in a while (0x89235107)” before I even get the chance to put my information in. I wait...
  6. Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq: I have got Xbox game pass ultimate and I want to download call of duty black ops 6 when it releases can I get it on game pass on its own without getting call of duty hq is there anyway when black...
  7. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  8. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  9. Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee: Hi Does someone have any trial or starter code or just wanna give out a xbox game pass code, i am really strugguling to get money to buy it for the kids i would really appritate if someone could...
  10. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...