Game pass downloads to external storage

Discus and support Game pass downloads to external storage in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I would love the feature that enables downloading of game pass games through the site (with my game pass subscription) to an external storage and then... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Low-Independent6525, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Game pass downloads to external storage

I would love the feature that enables downloading of game pass games through the site (with my game pass subscription) to an external storage and then moving them to my console.

submitted by /u/Low-Independent6525
    [link] [comments]

/u/Low-Independent6525, Jan 31, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hello can i download a game from game pass to an hhd and transfer it and installing it to other because the speed in my house isnt very good . Thank you

Hi Leonidas. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Yes. If you have a USB 3.0 external storage with a capacity of 128 GB or greater, you can use it to download games on a console, then plug that drive into another console. As long as you are signed into an account with an active Game Pass subscription, you can play Game Pass titles that are downloaded on the external drive.

When you first connect an external drive, Xbox prompts you to format it. You’ll also be asked if you intend on using the external drive primarily with that specific console or if you intend to use the drive with multiple consoles.

Then, to change it so the games are installed to the external drive, go to Settings > System > Storage devices.
    Select Change install locations. Select your external drive as the default install.

From the Storage devices menu, you can also select a drive and choose 'Move or copy' in order to copy games that are already installed from the Xbox's internal storage to the external drive.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/storage/manage-storage

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. patrick Conlin Win User

Hi. I play gta v on an Xbox one with an older disc version, and I can play online but I can’t play with my brother who has a digital version. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

I just looked at my storage and I have GTA downloaded twice. One on internal storage (86 gb) and another on my external storage (100 gb). That might be messing with it. Should I delete one? It doesn’t prompt me to update at all. I was using game pass core in 2021 but we never played together then. I’m using Xbox game pass ultimate at the moment. No clue why it wants me to buy the $50 digital copy of gta.
  4. Bazajaytee Win User

Installation Stopped

Check your storage breakdown (not the one in My Games and Apps where it shows internal and external storage combined but the one in Settings>Storage) and make sure that your external HDD has enough space to complete its download.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

External hard drive

the only way to download games to an external is have it formatted by the xbox for game storage, when you say came pre formatted that will be as a general storage drive.
  6. Echo4Ent Win User

Gta V installation on 64gb pendrive

Thema:

Game pass downloads to external storage

1. Game pass downloads to external storage - Similar Threads - Game pass downloads

2. Downloaded Doom Eternal on game pass on pc, it includes the campaign but for some reason...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Doom Eternal on game pass on pc, it includes the campaign but for some reason...: The campaign is unavailable, but for some reason when I try to access it, it gives me some kind of error. ef15df60-41e2-4630-ae20-32be1106964d
  3. I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...: I bought a disc of GTA 5 during the pandemic, and bought Game Pass Ultimate in Jan 2021 and canceled it same year in June 2021, over 2 years ago. With this, I never downloaded GTA 5 with either...
  4. What happens if I download GTA V through Game Pass and then buy it on disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens if I download GTA V through Game Pass and then buy it on disc: Will be my saved data from that gta from gamepass be on disc version of gta? ba5b78de-9169-45a6-ab70-12815e6d2a33
  5. I have game pass ultimate however when i try to download a game on my laptop it asks me to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have game pass ultimate however when i try to download a game on my laptop it asks me to...: as mentioned i have ultimate on an auto renew subscription, previously been able to download on both console and laptop but today when i try to download football manager 2024 - which says included...
  6. Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...: Multilayer not working with ganeshare.. I can get games just no live multiplayer?????. 9d51568e-d483-430a-9adb-82d456637708
  7. I'm subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which includes EA Play. I downloaded the EA App,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which includes EA Play. I downloaded the EA App,...: I'm asked to purchase the game or subscribe to EA Play. Trying to download Dead Space on my PC and EA customer service told me there's no problem on their end. 6f978fcd-e52c-4d19-9982-dff3efdce72c
  8. i downloaded remanent 2 on games pass,i download the game i see my character from xbox i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i downloaded remanent 2 on games pass,i download the game i see my character from xbox i...: i downloaded remanent 2 on games pass, i played it for hours upon hours on xbox beat it several times had 100 of items, i download the game i see my character from xbox i get on him and almost all...
  9. why cant i download in my pc game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download in my pc game pass: i press download game pass in my pc and it sends me an error 0x803FB005 2f91c5f6-779c-45b8-9bc3-b1ebf7953413
  10. i want to buy a microsoft flight simulator download code but i dont want to buy game pass...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i want to buy a microsoft flight simulator download code but i dont want to buy game pass...: do i need game pass to download microsoft flight simulator using a download code. 6297dc4c-1d12-40ab-8269-5cd115dfd7e1