Game Pass and XBOX controller button map

Discus and support Game Pass and XBOX controller button map in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am starting up Final Fantasy XII TZA on Xbox Game Pass. I purchased a geniune Xbox One controller for this purpose and am having issues with the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CaseyMobley, Jan 27, 2022.

1. CaseyMobley
    CaseyMobley Guest

I am starting up Final Fantasy XII TZA on Xbox Game Pass. I purchased a geniune Xbox One controller for this purpose and am having issues with the button mapping. A is swapped for B, etc. I've checked in game and can change the mapping for decision button, but the remap still does not match in game prompts. Epic games Launcher, and Steam both map this Xbox controller correctly as Game Pass launcher also appears to do. The problem crops up when I run this game. I have not tried other titles, but will soon when I have time. Is there a solution to this?

Xbox Accessories app with controller update makes no difference.

Thank you for your assistance!

:)

CaseyMobley, Jan 27, 2022
  2. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello CaseyMobley,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. Unfortunately, the only controller settings that can be altered within the FF12 game client on the Xbox app is the confirm button and the invert camera options. I went ahead and tested it with the Xbox Accessories app, and it looks as though the remapped control icons do not reflect on FF12 as mentioned. You are however able to still swap around your mapping but you will not see the adjustment with the specific icons in game. For example, if you map the Y button on the controller to A, you will still see Y on the display screen.

If you are having difficulties remapping any controls, please do not hesitate to respond back to this thread. If you can also let us know the controller model you have, it would help us further investigate the issue. Please keep in mind that the Xbox Accessories app does not support Xbox 360 controllers.

You may also view All about the Xbox Accessories app for additional details.

Thank you!

-Tali
  3. mr olr Win User

left thumb stick on xbox controller will not invert even when I select Legacy and check invert

I believe you can also set this within the Controller App for button mapping. It might be worth setting the game to default and trying to make the change in the Xbox controller button mapping app?
  4. Skeeter Quill Win User

Elite Controller, no drivers?

The paddles on the Elite controller can only be mapped through the Xbox Accessories app on the Xbox One or Windows 10, otherwise they default to ABXY. They are mapped through the controller itself, you press a paddle on the controller, the controller then
    sends the mapped command to the PC/Console. Thus they can only be mapped to duplicate other buttons on the controller and cannot be mapped to commands that are "outside" of the regular Xbox Controller inputs.

Basically they aren't an extra 4 buttons, rather an alternative 4 buttons.

Also, if they are not responding at all, try double tapping the sync button on the top of the controller. When turning the paddles off, you get 4 short bursts of vibration, when turning the paddles on, you get one longer burst of vibration.
  5. WhirlwindAlloy Win User

xbox accessible controller

6. Joey_Microsoft Win User

How to disable xbox360 controller in Windows 10?

Thank you for the response. The issue is that Windows does not provide any options to map the controller, its mapped to a default profile. When i use 3rd party software to map my controller specific to my game the buttons I've mapped still
    have the default profile. This causes two keystrokes to be entered as i push one button.

Here is the issue again.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/d2239206-1d32-42a6-b9a6-d6405b9dc984
Thema:

1. Game Pass and XBOX controller button map - Similar Threads - Game Pass controller

2. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  3. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  4. I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...: I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it doesn’t recognize the controller’s inputs. How do i make it work? 7a711a01-6926-4bae-b764-fcb7f3cc2107
  5. My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.: My controller works perfectly fine with my Steam games, but when it comes to the Xbox app, my controller loses it's cool and forgets it is a controller (right stick moves the mouse button and the...
  6. Dual controllers on cloud gaming, xbox ultimate game pass.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dual controllers on cloud gaming, xbox ultimate game pass.: I bought an Xbox ultimate game pass, to play on my samsung TV, without the console. And I bought two xbox controllers with it. But when I try to play games like fifa and MK 11, it shows that the...
  7. My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate: My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate fc48839a-c898-49d5-9762-9f031e360e2b
  8. Xbox controller works with all games except for game pass games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller works with all games except for game pass games: Any game pass game refuses any input from my xbox controller(s), whereas my PS5 controller works fine on game pass games. This issue is not present on any other games on steam etc so it isn't the...
  9. Xbox Wireless Controller won't connect to PC Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller won't connect to PC Game Pass: Today when I went to turn on my PC and open up gamepass, I was shown a small alert that said "No controller is connected" last night I had used the same controller without any issue but this...
  10. Nintendo switch pro controller on xbox game pass pc explained

in XboX Insiders
    Nintendo switch pro controller on xbox game pass pc explained: Hey, i recently acquired gamepass and i couldnt use my switch pro controller on it, in steam it works fine but xbox doasent have compatibility, so im going to show you how to do it. First connect...