Game not downloading, stuck trying

Discus and support Game not downloading, stuck trying in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to download a game on the Xbox app, it's not first in my download queue, but is trying to install anyways. the issue comes when it isn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Austin_Hawkes, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Game not downloading, stuck trying

I'm trying to download a game on the Xbox app, it's not first in my download queue, but is trying to install anyways. the issue comes when it isn't actually downloading and is stuck at 7% when I try to pause, cancel, or prioritize the download, it just gets stuck saying that. I've tried solutions aplenty. Anything the internet says to do on the first few pages of a search have been tried and have failed. some assistance would be greatly appreciated

:)

Austin_Hawkes, Nov 25, 2023
  2. Austin_Hawkes Win User

Had to go down the list, but it worked! Thank you so much!
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Austin_Hawkes, my name is Daniel and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry that you are having this problem, when you say the Xbox application I imagine it is the Xbox Game Pass App, is that correct? If this is the case and you are on Windows, I suggest you perform these steps:

Option 1:
    click Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates
    Download and install pending updates
    Restart your computer

Option 2:
    Download and run the troubleshooter for apps and Windows Store: http://aka.ms/diag_apps10

Option 3:
    Press Windows Key +
    Click Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    At the command prompt, type the following and then press Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

- Open the store, click on the ellipses (3 dots) in the upper right corner
    - Click "settings"
    - Scroll down and into account, click "Manage your devices" (this will open the browser)
    . Remove unused devices from this list that appears if you already have 10 there.

Option 4:
    Delete all files in

C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Restart your computer

Option 5 brings several steps to follow:

Step 1:

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features
    Scroll down to Xbox Game Pass for PC
    Select it
    Click Advanced Options
    Click Finish

Restart

Check for updates in the Store

Step 2:

Select it Do
    click on advanced options
    Click Reset

Restart

Check the store for updates

Step 3:

Select it
    Click Advanced Options
    Click Uninstall

Restart

Check for updates in the Store

Download and then reinstall Xbox Gamepass again:

https://www.microsoft.com/p/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/cfq7ttc0kgq8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/9ba7950d-aa6a-413f-b561-fd3ea2e5d264

Let me know if this information was of great help to you, if it is not the information you were looking for, let me know so I can continue helping you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Games stuck in queue when trying to download

I think the installation will solve your problem friend.
  5. R4VER Win User

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026616/windows-10-disk-cleanup

Follow these steps and clear your cache, see if this helps with your issue
  6. JOSHUASHALO Win User

Did you Delete app on your PC than download the app again and did it work?
Thema:

1. Game not downloading, stuck trying - Similar Threads - Game downloading stuck

2. Stuck at Preparing on EA Play when trying to download on PC from XBox Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stuck at Preparing on EA Play when trying to download on PC from XBox Game Pass: Trying to download Dragon Age Inquisition from EA Play. I've scoured the forums and reddit looking for solutions. Here is what I've tried so far: 1. Uninstall/reinstall all XBox and EA apps. 2....
  3. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...
  4. Game keeps stopping the download progress, stuck at 0b/s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game keeps stopping the download progress, stuck at 0b/s: I've had my PC gamepass for two days now and for two days I've been trying to resolve this problem. I've been trying to download Lies of P through the gamepass access, but everytime its making...
  5. download stuck on 1 game but run fine on other (error 0xd050123)

in XBoX on Windows
    download stuck on 1 game but run fine on other (error 0xd050123): as you can see in the screenshot [img] e641fcca-6752-4580-8531-2f256c1a4780
  6. My game is stuck in an endless download and i can't pause it nor cancel it, how do i fix it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game is stuck in an endless download and i can't pause it nor cancel it, how do i fix it...: I tried downloading aragami 2 and dead space, thinking it would cause trouble because one is on the EA app i paused aragami, when dead space finished downloading i got pack to aragami but the...
  7. unable to cancel a game download stuck at %0

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to cancel a game download stuck at %0: Hi Im unable to cancel a game download (A Plague Tale: Innocence) stuck at %0, I click the 'x' icon, select cancel and it just flashes briefly but remains stuck at downloading %0. I'm on windows...
  8. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...
  9. Can't download games PC Game Pass, stuck on "Downloading 0%"

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download games PC Game Pass, stuck on "Downloading 0%": Gigabit internet, no other application has download issues. Not even the Windows store app. Have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, reinstalling gaming services, using a VPN, turning off IPv6,...
  10. When I try downloading a game (forza horizon 4) on my xbox one it is stuck 80.4% and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try downloading a game (forza horizon 4) on my xbox one it is stuck 80.4% and it...: It does not download the game on my Xbox one 68417b4c-d10f-4f2e-adc6-59e1ccf79fb7