Game maps not switching back with profile change

Discus and support Game maps not switching back with profile change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an xbox series x, and my gf has the series s. I recently logged her into my console to play her Way of the Hunter game, and when I signed her... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by David Dunn1, Jan 7, 2024.

1. David Dunn1
    David Dunn1 Guest

I have an xbox series x, and my gf has the series s. I recently logged her into my console to play her Way of the Hunter game, and when I signed her out, and myself back in, the game stays on her maps and progress. I have the disc version, and she has the electronic download of the game. How can I fix this? I've tried soft and hard resets, and it still goes to her maps with me signed in.

:)

David Dunn1, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi David, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Based on my experience Here I will provide to you several steps you can take to address the issue of the game maps not switching back to yours when you change profiles:

Verify Game Version and Sync Data:

Check for updates: Ensure both your disc version and your girlfriend's digital version of the game are fully updated to the latest version.
    Manage game data: Go to Settings > System > Storage > Manage game and add-ons. Select Way of the Hunter and choose Sync data. This will attempt to sync your game saves and settings from the cloud.

Clear Local Saved Data:

Warning: This will erase your local saved progress in the game. If you have any important progress, back it up to the cloud or an external drive first.
    Go to Settings > System > Storage > Manage game and add-ons. Select Way of the Hunter, then choose Saved Data. Delete any local saved data for your profile.

Reset Game Settings:

Go to Settings > General > Personalization > My home Xbox. Select Reset my home Xbox. This will reset your console's home Xbox association, which might resolve profile-related issues.

Reinstall the Game:

If the issue persists, consider uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This can clear up any potential conflicts with game files.

Use separate storage devices: If possible, consider using separate external storage devices for your game saves to avoid potential conflicts between profiles.

Check game settings: Some games have in-game settings that allow you to manage save files and profiles.

Explore the game's options menu to see if there are any relevant settings.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. David Dunn1 Win User

Probably support at this point.
  4. Jhonkito Win User

Hello again David

It's a shame that none of my solutions worked for you. I don't have any more solutions for this type of problem, at this point we can do two things.

1. I release your question and let a more qualified expert than me take your question and try to solve it.

2. I help you go to support so that their experts can guide you in a pleasant way to your problem and you can solve it.

Which one do you choose?
  5. David Dunn1 Win User

Okay...did all that, and it still isn't coming back. The game I'm playing is Way of the Hunter (disc version). Everything on the other players game is working fine. Mine has the lines for story and free hunt grayed out, but in the storage it is showing the same achievements as before, it just doesn't seem to be syncing when I start the game. I am hardlined to my router, so I'm not on wifi. What else can I try? I'm at my wits end. Thanks for your help thus far.
  6. Jhonkito Win User

Hi again.

It's a pity than my solutions didn't help to you but through the next link you will put in contact with the xbox support.

https://support.xbox.com/

Their experts can offer to you more solutions to your problem, i wish you the best luck for resolve your problem. Best regards. Jhon
Thema:

1. Game maps not switching back with profile change - Similar Threads - Game maps switching

2. Gears 5 live multiplayer. Loads Map but never allows me to enter the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 live multiplayer. Loads Map but never allows me to enter the game: I just spent the last 2 days installing and uninstalling then re installing xbox live for pc. I have played Gears 5 without issues recently. Suddenly it takes forever to log into xbox live, then...
  3. Can I map the microsoft adaptive controller for PC gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I map the microsoft adaptive controller for PC gaming?: I'm a support worker for someone with cerebral palsy and they are interested in transitioning from xbox to PC and we are struggling to map buttons to a keyboard function (mainly steam games) For...
  4. Can I map one function to mutliple buttons simultaneously while gaming on PC and Xbox series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I map one function to mutliple buttons simultaneously while gaming on PC and Xbox series X?: I use an Xbox series X controller to game on PC and xbox. I would like to know if it is possible to completely customize button mapping. I want 2 buttons to perform the same function. Eg. If "A"...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 -- XP and fast travel boards shows in map but not in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 -- XP and fast travel boards shows in map but not in game: Hi! I bought all the houses in the game and after that I have the remaining fast travel and xp boards on the map. I drive up to the place where they are indicated on the map, but I do not see them...
  6. Game Pass and XBOX controller button map

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass and XBOX controller button map: I am starting up Final Fantasy XII TZA on Xbox Game Pass. I purchased a geniune Xbox One controller for this purpose and am having issues with the button mapping. A is swapped for B, etc. I've...
  7. State of decay 2 crashes when trying start a new game on trumbull valley map right after...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of decay 2 crashes when trying start a new game on trumbull valley map right after...: Just like it says on the subject, I tried everything from uninstalling my mods, reinstalling the game, and updating the drivers nothing works. I also checked on event viewer and there is nothing...
  8. Game modes containing the verdansk map are crashing in warzone.

in XboX Insiders
    Game modes containing the verdansk map are crashing in warzone.: After the season 3 update, plunder, verdansk and rebirth island game modes would crash the game and I would be kicked out, every alternate match at the loading screen after the matchmaking would...
  9. Black ops 2 Stuck in map loading screen, can't join a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black ops 2 Stuck in map loading screen, can't join a game: On black ops 2, after joining a game in the lobby, i only make it as far as the map screen loading page and occasionally get to the stage where i can choose a weapon, then it starts the map reload...
  10. The game will shut down unexpectedly when loading the map normally!

in XboX Insiders
    The game will shut down unexpectedly when loading the map normally!: If you encounter a game loading map twice a month, it will shut down unexpectedly without any operation. Is it a game problem or a system problem. game:borderland3 os:10.0.19401.2893...