Game loses saves after exit - Darkest Dungeon (Xbox App for Win 10, Via GamePass)

Discus and support Game loses saves after exit - Darkest Dungeon (Xbox App for Win 10, Via GamePass) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm trying to play the game Darkest Dungeon from the Xbox app, Win 10, Via GamePass. Yesterday, when I launched the game my save file was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Attila_The_Fun, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Game loses saves after exit - Darkest Dungeon (Xbox App for Win 10, Via GamePass)

Hi all,

I'm trying to play the game Darkest Dungeon from the Xbox app, Win 10, Via GamePass.

Yesterday, when I launched the game my save file was gone.

I created a new save file and it disappeared as well.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the issue persists.

I can start a new game and it creates a save file. I can load that save file if I quit to the main menu. But if i close the game and relaunch it the save file is gone.

I have no idea where to go from here. I don't know where the game even stores the save files.

The Xbox app for pc is getting pretty frustrating honestly.

:)

Attila_The_Fun, Feb 16, 2022
  2. Attila_The_Fun Win User

Game loses saves after exit - Darkest Dungeon (Xbox App for Win 10, Via GamePass)

****, even after a Windows 10 reinstall it still doesn't work :(
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

No worries my friend. :)

Ok, let's try some procedures:

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command.

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

Then, after you do it, you're going to open the game pass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Oh I see.

So this started to happen out of the blue?

Atilla, did you try something else apart from reinstalling and recreating the saved files folder?
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Attila_The_Fun, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Does this happen only with this particular game? (Darkest Dungeon)

Did you test other games within the Xbox app?

And unfortunately, for now, we don't have full access to the Gamepass games files. :/
  6. Attila_The_Fun Win User

Hi Vinicius,

Thanks for your quick reply.

It appears to only be happening with Darkest Dungeon.

I can load and save the games: Age of Empires 4, Bridge Constructor Portal, Before We Leave, and Halo Master Chief Collection without issue.

One other thing. Darkest Dungeon appears to be meant to be saving in a folder labeled 'darkest'. But that folder stays empty. I tried deleting that folder and the game just created it again, but it still won't record saves after exiting. The folder also doesn't have files in it after I start a new game and have to game still running.

Another thing I should have been clearer about I had played the game without issue for about a week before this.
Thema:

1. Game loses saves after exit - Darkest Dungeon (Xbox App for Win 10, Via GamePass) - Similar Threads - Game loses saves

2. My 2 monitors lose signal after I change a setting in a game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My 2 monitors lose signal after I change a setting in a game.: So after I upgraded from a GTX 1050 ti to an RTX 2060, my monitors randomly shut off when playing games like CS 2, GTA V or RDR 2. The PC still seems to run perfectly and I can hear the sounds in...
  3. SO WHEN DO THEY FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH ULTIMATE WORD GAMES. LOSING ALL MY DATA REALLY HURTS.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SO WHEN DO THEY FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH ULTIMATE WORD GAMES. LOSING ALL MY DATA REALLY HURTS.: SO WHEN DO THEY GET THIS PROBLEM WITH UTAMITE WORD GAMES FIXED? I TRIED THE RESET, LOSING ALL MY DATA, WHICH REALLY HURTS. NOTA. I ALSO NOTICED ON THE CROSSWORD PUZZLE PART THE SAME ANSWER CAME UP...
  4. When playing games like CS 2, GTA V or RDR 2 my 2 monitors suddenly lose signal but PC is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When playing games like CS 2, GTA V or RDR 2 my 2 monitors suddenly lose signal but PC is...: So after I upgraded from a GTX 1050 ti to an RTX 2060, my monitors randomly shut off when playing games like CS 2, GTA V or RDR 2. The PC still seems to run perfectly and I can hear the sounds in...
  5. Why did i lose already owned games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did i lose already owned games?: im trying to play call of duty with games i already owned for a few years and now its saying i have to rebuy the game. after i tried uninstalling the games it saying i dont own the games no more....
  6. PC Game Pass - Snowrunner - Buying a DLC (Year 1 pass) make me lose my profile and saves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Game Pass - Snowrunner - Buying a DLC (Year 1 pass) make me lose my profile and saves: After Buying the YEar 1 a few days ago, I couldn't access the DLC maps. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the game and there I lost all my saves... my lvl30+ profile and 40/50 hours gameplay saves...
  7. PC game pass: Losing save files on relaunch.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC game pass: Losing save files on relaunch.: Hey guys, For some reason, when I relaunch Dune Spice wars on the PC game pass. All my saves are gone. it has happened 3 times now in which I ended up losing saves which I have spent hours in. Any...
  8. Okay so I think I have to factory-rest my Xbox but I don't want to lose any saved game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Okay so I think I have to factory-rest my Xbox but I don't want to lose any saved game...: Okay so I think I have to factory-rest my Xbox but I don't want to lose any saved game data. Will choosing the keep games and apps option save my game data? 5deeaccc-d1fa-4f53-b3e5-6b55ceca1dc5
  9. What Causes To Lose My Entire Save Data For My game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What Causes To Lose My Entire Save Data For My game: When I lost My save data for my game more than once. I was curious about How I lost my save data, Anything time when the game's loading I feel anxious that I will lose my data and it would show...
  10. Do i lose all save data after i uninstall a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do i lose all save data after i uninstall a game?: Hello i was wanting to ask if i lose all save data from a game if it is uninstalled. I ask this because i am reinstalling a game i previously had installed because of a new update that came out...