Game Installation Won't Go Past Certain Percentage

Discus and support Game Installation Won't Go Past Certain Percentage in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I've spent the past few days trying to install NBA 2k24 Next Gen on my series s. However the download simply cannot go past 32.02 gb (19.8%) no... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BillHawkRattleKing, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Game Installation Won't Go Past Certain Percentage

So I've spent the past few days trying to install NBA 2k24 Next Gen on my series s. However the download simply cannot go past 32.02 gb (19.8%) no matter what I do.

I originally got the game through game share a friend who pre-ordered 2k. The 400 mb pre-install downloaded successfully, but once the full installation started, I couldn't get past 19.8%. I tried canceling and starting the installation again but the same thing happened.

I then waited for the game to fully release on Friday and had the same problems. I tried downloading the game through my friend's account and it still wouldn't work. I even bought the game for myself and it is still getting stuck at 19.8.

I've tried literally every possible solution. I've used my university's internet, my mobile hotspot, and an ethernet cable. I've done numerous power cycles, unplugs, and restarts. I've cleared local save data multiple times. I've even tried both types of factory resets multiple times. I've tried downloading from the app. I've tried downloading from both the owned games and the Microsoft store. I've tried it on both an external drive and the internal storage. I've cleared out my storage plenty of times. I've cleared the MAC address and changed the DNS settings.

I don't have this issue with any other game. I've been able to install and reinstall every game except for 2k24 next gen. I've even been able to download the current gen version.

I talked to xbox support and they didn't help much. They just took me through the regular troubleshooting process but nothing worked. I contacted 2k support and they simply told me to update my console or get it checked on. And my console is up to date.

One thing I have noticed is that before and during installation, the game shows 161.4 gb. But when I go to manage game and add-ons while it's installing, it shows 170.4 gb and version 2.0.0.7.

If anyone could figure out this problem or find a solution it would be wonderful. I just wanna play the 2k that I've paid for and be able to enjoy the game with my friends. I'm sick of seeing the number 19.

Thanks in advance.

:)

BillHawkRattleKing, Sep 11, 2023
  2. Lance BL Win User

I just bought this game from BestBuy & having a similar issue. The game appears to be stuck during the installation phase of the game. The screen shows: Disc 5.72 GB of 5.72 GB and under this shows: Network 48.25 GB of 160.54 GB and further down it shows 32.6%. I’ve been trying to install this game for well over five hours now. I’ve tried everything!
  3. Bradley Moss1 Win User

Damn shame I’m having the exact same problem, but mine stops installing at 12.6gb / 12%. Was hoping to find a solution here ):
  4. Roger mcarthur Win User

So Xbox support offered no help so I am going through consumer affairs as this is not what you expect when you pay nearly $20 a month for subscription. Absolutely poor ethics.

Anyhow I had to buy another modem and access point to give variation to my network.
  5. Roger mcarthur Win User

Sounds similar to my issue,

I can't install games or at random it installs, Have now had 3 Xbox X series and support is so bad I am so done and have enquired to Ombudsman as paying ultimate subscription and being left like this is not good, when you cant turn a console on and play a game there is something very wrong with the people that made it.
  6. MickelSM Win User

Did you happen to find a solution to this? Sounds like the same issue I'm having...first 2k for series X since 22. Tried off and on for two weeks with no luck.
Thema:

1. Game Installation Won't Go Past Certain Percentage - Similar Threads - Game Installation Won't

2. Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games: I got my daughter an Xbox One and she did everything she normally did with the last one. Everything was going fine. Got games installed. Then it won't actually PLAY ANY OF THE GAMES. Tried...
  3. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...
  4. I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...: I've been trying to install games on the (D:) drive through the Xbox app but when I try to, it doesn't let me select it and defaults back to the (C:) drive. Does anyone know why it's doing this?...
  5. my game was install won't launch after windows update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my game was install won't launch after windows update: hello, I have problem with my game that I have install from steam after launch windows update. Before windows update, i play that game like normal. then after windows update, it can't launch. I...
  6. Game won't install, says it's "corrupt"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't install, says it's "corrupt": A few days ago, Fortnite had an update. It kept saying "Installation stopped" when I tried to update it, which confused me. I decided to uninstall the game and delete the data knowing that it was...
  7. Gaming services won't install in microsoft store . What should i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install in microsoft store . What should i do?: I am on windows 11 and i have been trying to install xbox Gaming services in the microsoft store app and on the xbox app so i could download minecraft but it keeps giving me Error Code:...
  8. Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...: I have seen this post regarding many games in general none coming to a resolution so i am hoping to get to one. I have updated Windows as of today 12 October 2023. I have updated Xbox app and...
  9. My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.: So i was having a glitch of not being able to update Microsoft Store, so I factory reset my console, first with keeping my games and apps, then, with delete everything but now I can't install...
  10. Xbox Gaming Services Won't Install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gaming Services Won't Install: I'm on PC and I bought a few games on the Xbox app, and I can't install Gaming Services with code 0x80073cf6, and I'm on Windows 11. Also, when I go to launch the games, it just has a sad face...