Game from Xbox 360 marketplace won’t transfer to Xbox One?

Discus and support Game from Xbox 360 marketplace won’t transfer to Xbox One? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Back before the Xbox One, I bought Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on the xbox marketplace on my xbox 360. Now on my xbox one I go to get the game from... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hotel Hotel, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Hotel Hotel
    Hotel Hotel Guest

Back before the Xbox One, I bought Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on the xbox marketplace on my xbox 360. Now on my xbox one I go to get the game from the marketplace and it wants me to pay for it again! Shouldn’t the purchase still be on my account??? Why
    can’t i just download it like any other game I’ve purchased? Why isnt it in the ‘ready to install’ section in my games & apps? This isnt fair, I want to play it but can’t justify buying it again. please help me..

:)

Hotel Hotel, Jul 1, 2018
  2. newaudioking
    newaudioking Guest
    Minecraft Xbox One

hi

my son has been playing minecraft, saint row, far cry 4 etc in Xbox 360. is it possible to transfer the games to xbox one? minecraft is an online purchase. rest all the discs we bought from Game.

he doesnt want to upgrade to xbox one but ofcourse we are missing out the new features of xbox one and xbox 360 is getting out dated fast and would value for nothing soon.. ihave few consoles left like that and lying in the garage.. (ps2, xbox, psp etc)..

any advice on transferring the games would be helpful for me to decide on xbox one..

Thanks

newaudioking, Jul 1, 2018
  3. Lightening Strike Killed System

You need to do two things to recover your data:

1. Perform a license transfer from one console to another, to transfer rights to any downloadable content from one console to your new one: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content

2. Remove the Hard Drive from your old console (http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/add-remove-hard-drive),

purchase a Hard Drive transfer cable
      , and transfer the data from one Hard Drive to the other.

Mad Cow Dizease, Jul 1, 2018
  4. JohnnyXeo
    JohnnyXeo Guest

Are you sure the account you purchased it on the 360 is the same you're trying to download on Xbox One? It should be in ready to install if they are the same accounts.

JohnnyXeo, Jul 1, 2018
  5. CrazY1985
    CrazY1985 Guest
    Contact official support for this.

CrazY1985, Jul 1, 2018
  6. Hotel Hotel
    Hotel Hotel Guest
    yes same account even the gamertag was probably changed since then still same email / account

Hotel Hotel, Jul 4, 2018
  7. Hotel Hotel
    Hotel Hotel Guest
    how do i do this

Hotel Hotel, Nov 2, 2018
  8. Hotel Hotel Win User

Are you sure the account you purchased it on the 360 is the same you're trying to download on Xbox One? It should be in ready to install if they are the same accounts.
    yes same account even the gamertag was probably changed since then still same email / account
  9. JohnnyXeo Win User

10. Hotel Hotel Win User

how do i do this
  11. CrazY1985 Win User

12. FearedNightmare Win User

Xbox Backwards Compatibility Transfer Cable

The data transfer cable is used to transfer the entire content of a harddrive from one HDD to another for the Xbox360

DLC, games and savefiles will just be available for download but will not be transferable through the transfercable. Savegames need to be saved to the cloud on the Xbox 360 before they are made available on the Xbox One the other content will just be available
    as a marketplace download or from the ready to install list
Thema:

1. Game from Xbox 360 marketplace won’t transfer to Xbox One? - Similar Threads - Game 360 marketplace

2. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  3. Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region

in XboX Insiders
    Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region: Hi I want to buy Resident evil 5 for xbox 360 but it seems that it is missing from the xbox 360 store (i live on greece) I noticed though that I can find it in my UK account but it has a different...
  4. Digitalizing XBox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digitalizing XBox 360 games: Hi there, unfortunately I could not find an answer to my question, so hopefully someone is able to explain the following to me: I am still a XBox 360 user and have amassed quite a lot of games,...
  5. Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation: I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical movement of the analogue sticks to the in-game...
  6. My Xbox 360 console tray keeps popping back open whether there’s a game in there or not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 console tray keeps popping back open whether there’s a game in there or not...: My Xbox 360 console CD track keeps opening back up whether I powered on or whether there’s a game in it or not cannot get it to close 4dce58ad-a9c6-46d8-9777-2469082be572
  7. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  8. Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360: Hi, I tried to play a game from a disc on the console but when I opened it all of it was gone and I had to start again. For one game (Lego Marvel Superheros) it said: 'This saved data was created...
  9. Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?: Like most gamers, I have some hopes and interest in the preservation of older games. Also after the official Microsoft acquisition of Activision/Blizzard, there is even more hopes of these games...
  10. Can you download games from the xbox 360 marketplace in 2023 and play the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you download games from the xbox 360 marketplace in 2023 and play the games: I have an xbox 360 and i have some disk games but want to get some online ones 8d227f4d-11b1-431a-b4eb-888dce1548fd