Game Freezes, then won't launch, and audio on other games no longer works (Xbox Series X)

Discus and support Game Freezes, then won't launch, and audio on other games no longer works (Xbox Series X) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, this has been happening at least 1-2 times a week since purchase. While playing PvZ: Battle for Neighborville the game will sometimes completely... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrJWhite, Dec 23, 2020.

1. MrJWhite
    MrJWhite Guest

Game Freezes, then won't launch, and audio on other games no longer works (Xbox Series X)

So, this has been happening at least 1-2 times a week since purchase. While playing PvZ: Battle for Neighborville the game will sometimes completely freeze. Xbox is still responsive, I can to menu, manage game and tell PvZ to quit. Problem is, subsequent
    attempts to launch PvZ either fail, or if it does the game audio is broken or some of the controls are unresponsive. What is odd is also impacts other games I attempt to launch as well. Some just won't launch, others have no audio. PvZ is Game Pass, but some
    other games I actually own. All are digital however.

All of this is mitigated if I restart the xbox, but it just seems like something is wrong either with the Xbox hardware or Battle for Neighborville has compatibility issues and puts the Xbox in a bad state. I have done a refresh of the OS and also uninstalled/reinstalled
    PvZ, but the issue still crops up.

Is this a game issue or hardware issue? Anyone else seeing something like this?

:)

MrJWhite, Dec 23, 2020
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @MrJWhite, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. The freezing of a certain game is generally related to the network (in case it's not announced to be a general issue from the developer of the game's side or in our official status website Xbox
    Status | Xbox Support
    ), which is why I will provide you with the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you. Before going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link I was referring to, I
    would like you to go through the following steps to clear your Mac address and perform a quick power cycle:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your
    console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed, here is the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-network-connection

In case the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the previous link weren't helpful, I have another link for you that could help you take care of the situation! Here is another and a more narrow link related specifically to game crash,
    and game freeze related issues:

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  3. pjameleven Win User

Bring Gotham City Imposters to Backward Compatibility

The backwards compatibility team is working on the Series X so there won't be anymore games from the 360/original Xbox made back compatible until after the Series X launch.

That said, I would love to see Gotham City Impostors made playable on the Series X. That game was so much fun!
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X External Hard Drive

Hi,

Yes it should work. However, it will only work for Xbox One and other backwards compatible games.
    It won't work for Series X titles.

You'll be able to store Series X titles on it, but these games will have to be moved to either the internal or the optional expansion card in order to run them.
  5. FWKingSax99 Win User

Xbox series x no sound

My issue is the same. My additional input: I just bought the X-Box Series X 2 weeks ago. I transferred all my games over. At first, every game I tried worked fine. Then the system suddenly decided yesterday to upgrade the newer games to the Series X versions of the games. Every game that is older and doesn't have a Series X upgrade works perfectly. It's only the games that have upgraded to Series X versions of the games that have "no audio" issues.

For reference, I do have a Samsung smart TV as well, a I've been reading other with this issue may also have. I have audio on the dashboard.

Hoping for a fix soon. Thanks.
  6. SoundPeach Win User

Is the Xbox X|S unstable (bricking, crashing etc.)?

just got my series x 2 days a go and my console will randomly freeze then shut off im having texture issues with games that are enhanced and also audio issues
Thema:

1. Game Freezes, then won't launch, and audio on other games no longer works (Xbox Series X) - Similar Threads - Game Freezes won't

2. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  3. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  4. Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running: When I play Minecraft everything is perfect until at one point the screen freezes while in reality the game continues to run so that I hear the voices of villagers, animals, water, etc. I tried...
  5. All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations

in XBoX on Windows
    All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations: everywhere I look for answers to this problem, they keep telling me to update my display drivers (every driver on my pc is up to date and windows says there are no updates). Every game I try goes...
  6. Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen: I bought a game of the Xbox one shop that was a 360 game so when I play it I have to login to an Xbox live account. My account is already on it but I didn’t have the password on my Xbox so after I...
  7. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  8. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  9. freeze games in xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    freeze games in xbox series s: Hello i play with xbox series s from one month ago games freeze for 3 second some times in all games (even single player games ) this don't happen in dashboard I did everything, even factory...
  10. Xbox one x keeps crashing. Won't play any games they just freeze up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x keeps crashing. Won't play any games they just freeze up.: I've don't the hard reset. Soft reset. Deleted and reinstalled the games. Factory reset my xbox. I have done everything xboxs bs useless support told me to do to no avail. I'm getting sick of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x sound stopped working then games wont play

2. Series x battle for neighborville no sound