Game folder won't delete and game does not appear in Xbox app.

Discus and support Game folder won't delete and game does not appear in Xbox app. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I went to install a game on my PC from game pass through the Xbox app. It asked me on which drive I wanted it to install it. I choose my secondary... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Abel Flores1, Aug 13, 2023.

1. Abel Flores1
    Abel Flores1 Guest

I went to install a game on my PC from game pass through the Xbox app. It asked me on which drive I wanted it to install it. I choose my secondary drive and had to create a folder for it. I named this folder Xbox Games. I had left the house to run an errand and when I came back I saw that the download was finished. I went to look for the game in the Xbox app and it wasn't there. I then went to the folder on the drive it was installed to and it was there but the folder for the game had a weird name to it. It was named a bunch of letters and numbers which makes me think that something went wrong. Since the file was taking up a lot for storage I tried to delete it but it would not delete. I tried dragging it to the recycling bin but it still stayed in the same folder. I deleted the game file that was the biggest to see if it would free up storage but it did not. Can anyone could help me with this problem?

:)

Abel Flores1, Aug 13, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help

It seems that the file has become corrupted, in which case I advise you to format the drive. Try downloading and saving to another drive to see if the same thing happens.

Also make sure that all updates are installed both from the device and from the store.

Hope I helped and see you soon
  3. Lucas Argroves Win User

Unable to switch hard drive used for Xbox app game downloads on Windows 11

None of the installed games in that folder appear in the actual Xbox app, as that is the main issue with deleting them, since the folder requires more administrative powers to delete the files from the folder, and I cannot delete or play them from the app either since they are not there
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Windows 11 game downloaded from the Xbox app disappeared after the SSD was disconnected and reconnected.

The reset needs to be done with the Xbox app not the game, but if it doesn't appear among your installed games you as I mentioned can delete the files trough the "windowsapp" folder and disable optimization delivery
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Windows not detecting games on External HDD

he does not need to format the drive. just change the permissions on the windowsapp folder on that drive so he can delete it then redownload the xbox app games.
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Xbox app game folder delete

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please check

windows > serviceprofiles > networkservice > appdata > local>microsoft > windows > deliveryoptimisation > cache > it should lead you to a folder, the size of which exactly matches the amount of storage you are missing.
Thema:

1. Game folder won't delete and game does not appear in Xbox app. - Similar Threads - Game folder won't

2. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  3. How do I delete this corrupted game folder?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I delete this corrupted game folder?: I downloaded Lego star wars skywalker saga on an external drive and after the unplugged (safety) next time I tried to play none of the gamepass games on there worked. For some reason Lego star...
  4. XboxGames folder preventing me from launching games as Admin

in XBoX on Windows
    XboxGames folder preventing me from launching games as Admin: For whatever reason, any game installed in the XboxGames folder cannot be run as an administrator, even when I do have administrator powers on my own machine. I keep getting "Failed to enumerate...
  5. How to change install folder in a drive for game pass but folder doesn't exist

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change install folder in a drive for game pass but folder doesn't exist: Trying to move game to from one drive to another but cannot as it says there is a drive issue. "N: - We didn't find N:\N:\Xbox. Make sure the folder exists and try again". This isn't a typo it...
  6. All games were installed to WindowsApps-Folder. How can i move them to another location, so...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All games were installed to WindowsApps-Folder. How can i move them to another location, so...: When installing every game, i can select a drive. This works fine but the games will not install to my own folder like (C:\XboxGames). They installed to WindowsApps Folder on the selected drive....
  7. Can not take ownership of exe file in XboxGames folder (installed by Game Pass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not take ownership of exe file in XboxGames folder (installed by Game Pass): Long story short I need to modify starfield.exe with a HEX editor so I can get 32:9 aspect ratio support for Starfield - I've tried everything I can think of to take permissions of the file and...
  8. Change Xbox Game Bar captures folder after it was changed to temp folder automatically.

in XBoX on Windows
    Change Xbox Game Bar captures folder after it was changed to temp folder automatically.: I had put my captures folder on an external drive. After removing it and reconnecting it, the folder xbox game bar video captures get saved in has been changed to...
  9. Why a game which I downloaded from Microsoft store is installed at 2 different folders at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why a game which I downloaded from Microsoft store is installed at 2 different folders at...: Hello everyone, recently I bought a game from Microsoft Store (Forza Horizon 5) and installed it at my pc but at an external drive because my main one had not enough storage. So I downloaded...
  10. Xbox app won't install to my game drive because the folder it's looking for there doesn't exist

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't install to my game drive because the folder it's looking for there doesn't exist: I uninstalled Warhammer 40K: Darktide from my games drive F:\ via the xbox app this evening. When I went to install a different game, the app refused to list my F drive as a possible install...