Game DVR won't upload to OneDrive for more than a week

Discus and support Game DVR won't upload to OneDrive for more than a week in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For more than a week, Game DVR won't upload any videos to One Drive. The error message states: :( Something went wrong Sorry, we can't share this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DavidT87, Aug 18, 2016.

1. DavidT87
    DavidT87 Guest

For more than a week, Game DVR won't upload any videos to One Drive. The error message states:

Game DVR won't upload to OneDrive for more than a week :(

Something went wrong

Sorry, we can't share this right now. Try again in a while.

When will this be fixed? I want to get my clips on to OneDrive!

:)

DavidT87, Aug 18, 2016
  2. Xbox one OneDrive/Skydrive replace old with new

The game dvr upload to one drive function doesn't work due to my OneDrive being full and I can't get rid of the other files on the existing OneDrive due to them being sentimental. So I'm wanting my future game recordings that I choose to upload to OneDrive
    to be uploaded on my new OneDrive online storage account, therfore I can download and edit them on pc or mobile, do you get where I'm coming from?

My xbox has loads of storage it has 3TB, just my OneDrive for game dvr uploads is my problem, not the xbox live storage either

SteelCityShadow, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Icarusael
    Icarusael Guest
    OneDrive, Game DVR, Upload Studio...?

The time has come to free space on my Xbox One. I recently recorded some game DVR but I cannot permanent save them anymore due to lack of space in my Xbox One. (You know, when you save a video and there is that little blue bar beside the video name to show
    that it is saved and won't be replace by newer game DVR). I would like to transfer all my saved game DVR to my computer, than copy them on a USB key so I never ever lose them. I looked at a youtube video showing how to upload a game DVR to my OneDrive, into
    Upload studio. Good thing, it is simple! Bad thing, it is very long and I got 60 clip I want to save. Is there a faster way to do it? Or a way to export them all at once so I can do other stuff while this is all getting on my OneDrive? (Is there a limit to
    OneDrive?) Once it is on OneDrive, what do I have to do exactly to permanently keep them safe from loosing them? I got a brand new laptop with Windows 8.1, I am a bit lost... I found OneDrive, I can watch my game DVR but I am not sure how does it work to save
    them so I can copy them on a USB key? I want to delete all those game DVR from my Xbox One once they are all safe on my computer. Than I will never let my Xbox One get filled by those game DVR anymore, I will take care of them and edit them as I record them.
    (All this problem is due to my lazyness)

Trying to be clear:

1. How and what is the fastest way to permanently save a game DVR to my PC, than to a USB key?

2. Is there a limit to how many game DVR I can save and keep in OneDrive?

Icarusael, Aug 18, 2016
  4. Game DVR won't upload to OneDrive for more than a week

Hey there Kokomadeta,

There was a new Console Update that came out today that might fix this issue for you. Here's how to check for updates on your console.

Xbox One operating system versions and system updates

Please make sure you're console is up to date and let us know how it goes!

Mister Mascot, Aug 19, 2016
  5. DavidT87
    DavidT87 Guest
    Hi, I just updated my system and I'm having the same problem. I have also tried downloading the OneDrive app to see if that would help, but it does not. What else can be done to solve this problem?

Nevermind. Apparently it just did it on the first clip I tried and then decided to work. Thanks for letting me know about the update.

DavidT87, Aug 19, 2016
  6. mineben3merp
    mineben3merp Guest
    Thank you very much. This wasn't working for me either. I'm updating right now. Savior.

mineben3merp, Sep 19, 2017
  7. Biggsy1982
    Biggsy1982 Guest
    Case in-point.........

Game DVR won't upload to OneDrive for more than a week [​IMG]

Biggsy1982, Feb 6, 2018
  8. Game DVR won't upload to OneDrive for more than a week

I am still having this issue 2 years later, came here to find answers and instead am left with only more answers. I am a professional livestreamer and an entertainment industry icon. More than anything, I find this incredibly disappointing that the ONLY
    way to share quality content to clubs has been having issues such as this for the past two years. I would just like to point out that as far as your largest consumers in gaming products go (Namely professional gamers) this is what is hurting you the most commercially.
    If you wish to avoid a substantial drop in sales it is advisable you come up with a working solution to this problem. Otherwise the Vanguard Conglomerate will be pulling out of xbox live indefinitely, and withdrawing all our stocks and investments. I've tried
    to be patient, but this is unacceptable.

Kuroto Narukami, Mar 19, 2018
  9. cjblack2
    cjblack2 Guest
    “I am a professional livestreamer and an entertainment industry icon.”

No one cares.

cjblack2, Nov 2, 2018
  10. Biggsy1982 Win User

Case in-point.........

[​IMG]
  11. DavidT87 Win User

Hi, I just updated my system and I'm having the same problem. I have also tried downloading the OneDrive app to see if that would help, but it does not. What else can be done to solve this problem?

Nevermind. Apparently it just did it on the first clip I tried and then decided to work. Thanks for letting me know about the update.
  12. cjblack2 Win User

“I am a professional livestreamer and an entertainment industry icon.”

No one cares.
  13. Kuroto Narukami Win User

Hey there Kokomadeta,

There was a new Console Update that came out today that might fix this issue for you. Here's how to check for updates on your console.

I am still having this issue 2 years later, came here to find answers and instead am left with only more answers. I am a professional livestreamer and an entertainment industry icon. More than anything, I find this incredibly disappointing that the ONLY
    way to share quality content to clubs has been having issues such as this for the past two years. I would just like to point out that as far as your largest consumers in gaming products go (Namely professional gamers) this is what is hurting you the most commercially.
    If you wish to avoid a substantial drop in sales it is advisable you come up with a working solution to this problem. Otherwise the Vanguard Conglomerate will be pulling out of xbox live indefinitely, and withdrawing all our stocks and investments. I've tried
    to be patient, but this is unacceptable.
  14. mineben3merp Win User

Hey there Kokomadeta,

Thank you very much. This wasn't working for me either. I'm updating right now. Savior.
Thema:

1. Game DVR won't upload to OneDrive for more than a week - Similar Threads - Game DVR won't

2. Game DVR won't record in 60fps

in XBoX on Windows
    Game DVR won't record in 60fps: HI so i recently updated to windows 11 and my xbox gamebar is not recording in 60 fps even though i have changed the settings to 60 fps... i clearly have no idea what to do pls help me it only...
  3. Upload Studio/Game DVR won't work!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upload Studio/Game DVR won't work!!: A few days ago when playing Mass Effect 3, I tried to record a gaming clip. It said "Processing" for ten minutes. I restarted my console, and now every time I try to access my clips in Upload...
  4. Game DVR won't record in 60fps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR won't record in 60fps: Game DVR won't record in 60fps, even though I've selected that in the setting. Instead, my recordings are at best 35fps. Usually, they end up somewhere between 20 and 30 fps. My game (Overwatch)...
  5. Game dvr won't share my clip.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game dvr won't share my clip.: Hello, i have a huge problem, with the xbox app on win 10. In game dvr, when i try to load my clip, from (pc) to (xbox live). Logically, there is a dialog box that opens, asking me what game it...
  6. Game DVR Won't Play Clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR Won't Play Clips: I've had my Xbox One for nearly 4 years and in that time I've never been able to play my Game DVR clips without them buffering every 5 seconds and being unwatchable. My ISP is Frontier and I get...
  7. Game DVR won't save captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR won't save captures: Occasionally I like to save images and videos. Normally this is fine, it all works correctly and I can see my clips and images, share, save and more. Recently I ran out of my Gold subscription. I...
  8. Game DVR won't record microphone audio, but will record everything else.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR won't record microphone audio, but will record everything else.: Okay, for whatever reason, the past few months whenever I record something in Game DVR, it will not pick up my headset audio. I've been in game chat, party chat, no chat, multiple headsets, and...
  9. Game DVR won't play/upload

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR won't play/upload: My game DVR evidently has not been recording for over a month. Recently attempted to view captures and gave me a 0x87c40156 code. On the Xbox phone app I can view my captures from around a month...
  10. Game DVR won't save certain clips/screenshot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR won't save certain clips/screenshot: This is an official complaint. Nowhere in any text, help or forum post written about Game DVR and its features it is stated that clips/screenshots can only be saved and later shared if a) there...