Game DVR won't save certain clips/screenshot

Discus and support Game DVR won't save certain clips/screenshot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is an official complaint. Nowhere in any text, help or forum post written about Game DVR and its features it is stated that clips/screenshots can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr.Piddybuddy, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Game DVR won't save certain clips/screenshot

This is an official complaint. Nowhere in any text, help or forum post written about Game DVR and its features it is stated that clips/screenshots can only be saved and later shared if

a) there is an active Gold membership and

b) only clips/screenshots recorded during that membership period are eligible for further use.

Background: recently I tried to download some of my clips and screenshots to Windows 10, using the XBox app. It failed. In another post (http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/f/5411/t/2125866.aspx) it was confirmed by a Microsoft staff
    person, that saving clips from temporary space requires Gold. However, it was not told why and what to do with the unsaved material.

Meanwhile I found it even confirmed that only clips/screenshots recorded during an active Gold membership can be saved, shared and downloaded. Also meanwhile I'm back on Gold, but I still cannot save or download clips/screenshots I recorded during not being
    Gold member.

This sucks bug time, Miscrosoft! Is this really what you want? I don't want to share, I just want to save the stuff on my XBox for good or download to PC.

What can I do now?

:)

Mr.Piddybuddy, Mar 21, 2016
  2. error code 0x87c40156

This Error Code means that you have to many Clips/Screenshots uploaded to Xbox Live and Xbox DVR fails to load them all, so you need to ether remove some Clips/Screenshots from Xbox Live (Those Clips/Screenshots will still be on your Console, just not on
    Xbox Live for anyone to see) and if that doesn't fix the DVR Error then you have to delete some Clips/Screenshots completely both from Console and Xbox Live to fix this DVR Error so Xbox DVR will be able to load your Clips/Screenshots about For Honor and other
    games.

Krisander 1998, Mar 21, 2016
  3. NovaStarLord
    NovaStarLord Guest
    Screen Shots

I have a similar problem too, I can take screenshots, I can record clips, but my problem is that I cannot save my captures from before I got Xbox Gold. Clips I can save if I edit them in Upload Studios and record clips now but I cannot save the old ones
    through Game DVR. Screenshots I can only save if I took them after getting XBox Gold not the ones I took before. Is this a bug?

NovaStarLord, Mar 21, 2016
  4. Wilfred Mac Win User

Please tell me how to fix.

Hi,

For our understanding, you wanted to change the default saved folder of your captured videos and screenshot from Game DVR, is that correct?

Meanwhile, to change where your game clips and screenshots are saved, you may follow the steps provided on this

link

If you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Forza Horizon 4 captures not showing

6. Ailyn 101 Win User

Hi does anyone know the reason why suddenly my captures have vanished

Hello!

From what I've seen is that some of your older clips and screenshots will automatically remove in your xbox dvr. If you want save your remaining clips and screenshots, upload them to your computer :).
  7. Krisander 1998 Win User

error code 0x87c40156

This Error Code means that you have to many Clips/Screenshots uploaded to Xbox Live and Xbox DVR fails to load them all, so you need to ether remove some Clips/Screenshots from Xbox Live (Those Clips/Screenshots will still be on your Console, just not on
    Xbox Live for anyone to see) and if that doesn't fix the DVR Error then you have to delete some Clips/Screenshots completely both from Console and Xbox Live to fix this DVR Error so Xbox DVR will be able to load your Clips/Screenshots about For Honor and other
    games.
  8. ElGatone Win User

Game Captures

I have also noticed that the save feature seems to no longer be a thing. I just checked my Game DVR and it has all my recordings and screenshots from now to two years ago. I'm not sure if two years ago is the limit, since I know I have been recording clips
    for longer than that, or if two years ago they got rid of the need to save the clips and the game DVR will store the clips forever now.
Thema:

Game DVR won't save certain clips/screenshot

1. Game DVR won't save certain clips/screenshot - Similar Threads - Game DVR won't

2. Game DVR won't record in 60fps

in XBoX on Windows
    Game DVR won't record in 60fps: HI so i recently updated to windows 11 and my xbox gamebar is not recording in 60 fps even though i have changed the settings to 60 fps... i clearly have no idea what to do pls help me it only...
  3. Upload Studio/Game DVR won't work!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upload Studio/Game DVR won't work!!: A few days ago when playing Mass Effect 3, I tried to record a gaming clip. It said "Processing" for ten minutes. I restarted my console, and now every time I try to access my clips in Upload...
  4. Game DVR won't record in 60fps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR won't record in 60fps: Game DVR won't record in 60fps, even though I've selected that in the setting. Instead, my recordings are at best 35fps. Usually, they end up somewhere between 20 and 30 fps. My game (Overwatch)...
  5. Game dvr won't share my clip.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game dvr won't share my clip.: Hello, i have a huge problem, with the xbox app on win 10. In game dvr, when i try to load my clip, from (pc) to (xbox live). Logically, there is a dialog box that opens, asking me what game it...
  6. Game DVR Won't Play Clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR Won't Play Clips: I've had my Xbox One for nearly 4 years and in that time I've never been able to play my Game DVR clips without them buffering every 5 seconds and being unwatchable. My ISP is Frontier and I get...
  7. Game DVR won't upload to OneDrive for more than a week

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR won't upload to OneDrive for more than a week: For more than a week, Game DVR won't upload any videos to One Drive. The error message states: :( Something went wrong Sorry, we can't share this right now. Try again in a while. When will...
  8. Game DVR won't save captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR won't save captures: Occasionally I like to save images and videos. Normally this is fine, it all works correctly and I can see my clips and images, share, save and more. Recently I ran out of my Gold subscription. I...
  9. Game DVR won't record microphone audio, but will record everything else.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR won't record microphone audio, but will record everything else.: Okay, for whatever reason, the past few months whenever I record something in Game DVR, it will not pick up my headset audio. I've been in game chat, party chat, no chat, multiple headsets, and...
  10. Game DVR won't play/upload

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR won't play/upload: My game DVR evidently has not been recording for over a month. Recently attempted to view captures and gave me a 0x87c40156 code. On the Xbox phone app I can view my captures from around a month...