Game DVR (Win 10): bad, tinny mic sound

Discus and support Game DVR (Win 10): bad, tinny mic sound in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi gyus, my mic sound recording in Game DVR videos is bad (see above), what can I do? It's better in other recording programs, it's absolutely ok in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SpielSatzFail, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Game DVR (Win 10): bad, tinny mic sound

Hi gyus,

my mic sound recording in Game DVR videos is bad (see above), what can I do? It's better in other recording programs, it's absolutely ok in skype etc. I have no idea what to configure... it seems as if Game DVR itself causes the issue but I have no idea
    what possible conflict causes it.

My system:

Windows 10 Professional

Gigabyte "AB-350 Gaming" Mainboard

CPU AMD Ryzen 5

16GB RAM

USB Sound Device Creative "Sound Blaster Play! 2"

Mod Mic V4

It worked before, with an upgraded Windows (7 --> 10 home), since then I formatted the HDD completely and changed my board/CPU/RAM.

If anyone ever reads this and has an idea, thanks in advance. I've given up so far :-/

:)

SpielSatzFail, Apr 24, 2017
  2. Bad mic quality Xbox dvr

Hello.

My mic quality is very bad when i'm recording with xbox dvr, but when i make a normal voice record my mic is good.

I have a Blue Yeti and it works fine.

Sound from Xbox dvr:

Mic test

From voice recorder:

Mic test

Plz help me Game DVR (Win 10): bad, tinny mic sound :D

SaurianCart7392, Apr 24, 2017
  3. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Should a Headset be in w/ every Xbox One ?

Not necessary as it will come with a Kinect sensor. However you're voice will probably sound loud or tinny (aka Xbox Reveal that man in the skype call sounded clearly tinny). Xbox One will have a mic as one of the extra accessories you can get. You did get
    one for the Xbox 360, only because Kinect is not mandatory for the 360.

smileskybird, Apr 24, 2017
  4. Loraine Mon
    Loraine Mon Guest

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are experiencing this issue. There are possibilities that you need to install the latest Windows Updates or the third party device that you are using is incompatible with Windows 10.

To resolve your concern, here are some methods that you can perform on your computer:

Method 1: Verify that you have the latest version of the Xbox app on Windows 10.

The current version is 19.21.23005.00000. To locate the current version of the Xbox app installed on your computer, launch the Xbox app, and then select
    Settings. On the general tab, scroll to the bottom of the screen to the
    About section to see your current version number.

There are system requirements and specifications needed to run your apps smoothly on Windows 10. To check for the system requirements and specifications, you may click this

link

If your Xbox app is not the latest version, you may check for latest updates on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

You can also manually update the Xbox app by uninstalling and reinstalling it. Here's how:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Windows Store: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.
    5. Launch Windows Store again and download
      Xbox App

Method 2. Make sure you installed the latest Windows Updates on your computer.

To check for new updates, you may follow the steps on this
    link

Let us now if you need further assistance after performing the methods above.

Loraine Mon, Apr 25, 2017
  5. Loraine Mon Win User

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are experiencing this issue. There are possibilities that you need to install the latest Windows Updates or the third party device that you are using is incompatible with Windows 10.

To resolve your concern, here are some methods that you can perform on your computer:

Method 1: Verify that you have the latest version of the Xbox app on Windows 10.

The current version is 19.21.23005.00000. To locate the current version of the Xbox app installed on your computer, launch the Xbox app, and then select
    Settings. On the general tab, scroll to the bottom of the screen to the
    About section to see your current version number.

There are system requirements and specifications needed to run your apps smoothly on Windows 10. To check for the system requirements and specifications, you may click this

link

If your Xbox app is not the latest version, you may check for latest updates on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

You can also manually update the Xbox app by uninstalling and reinstalling it. Here's how:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Windows Store: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.
    5. Launch Windows Store again and download
      Xbox App

Method 2. Make sure you installed the latest Windows Updates on your computer.

To check for new updates, you may follow the steps on this
    link

Let us now if you need further assistance after performing the methods above.
  6. smileskybird Win User

Should a Headset be in w/ every Xbox One ?

Not necessary as it will come with a Kinect sensor. However you're voice will probably sound loud or tinny (aka Xbox Reveal that man in the skype call sounded clearly tinny). Xbox One will have a mic as one of the extra accessories you can get. You did get
    one for the Xbox 360, only because Kinect is not mandatory for the 360.
  7. DeathscytheHC Win User

Original Mic Being Choppy?

Sure, it could be their connection or yours. Keep the mic boom close for better sound quality. The X12's are nice, but can sound tinny on the other end. I'll get complaints every now and then about my Trittons too. The "cheap" mic included with your system
    is probably the best sounding to other players when everything is working properly.
  8. Pinbot Fembot 1 Win User

Gun sounds any better?

IMO the gun sounds are more crappy and tinny than the first Blops. Disappointing aspect of the game.
  9. Tom#93 Win User

Win 10 Game DVR, Cache?

Thank you for the information!

Would it be possible for future versions to outsource the cache to the RAM?

Or to determine the location for the cache itself? I do not want to burden my SSD unnecessarily!
Thema:

1. Game DVR (Win 10): bad, tinny mic sound - Similar Threads - Game DVR Win

2. Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games: Hello. My Series X is having this weird issue where commentator voices from several FIFA games (FIFA 23 and 22) aren’t getting captured by the Xbox DVR. I started noticing this 6 days ago. I can...
  3. Since the last update the xbox game dvr is broken again.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Since the last update the xbox game dvr is broken again.: Since the latest update in xbox one x,the xbox game dvr is keeps getting broken. Now I can't record the whole thing because when it's done the whole footage got corrupted like the video is...
  4. How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?: Hey, so my Xbox game DVR automatically deleted all my recent clips from Xbox live, only leaving a small few of my ancient screenshots from years ago and whenever I upload a new clip, it tells me...
  5. Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends: Current issue is with the Game DVR. I've been having issues with the audio that is being captured during recorded clips, specifically in Apex legends. I've been troubleshooting the issue and have...
  6. No audio track in Game DVR recordings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No audio track in Game DVR recordings: I've seen various posts relating to Game DVR not recording on XBox and previous versions of Windows but the issue still exists in Windows 11. There was even a post suggesting 'downgrading' the...
  7. Why does Game DVR not record at 60fps? The maximium fps I get is 48fps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Game DVR not record at 60fps? The maximium fps I get is 48fps.: The game I'm trying to record runs at 144fps at 1080p very well even on integrated graphics, so I'm not sure why nothing records at more than 48fps Laptop Specifications: CPU: 12th Gen Intel...
  8. Win 10 Game DVR, Cache?

in XBoX on Windows
    Win 10 Game DVR, Cache?: Moin! Es geht um die Win 10 Game DVR Funktion! Wisst ihr wo der Cache von der automatischen Spiele Aufzeichnung der letzten 30 sec ist? RAM, VRAM, Festspeicher?...
  9. cannot record game clips using game dvr win 10 1803

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot record game clips using game dvr win 10 1803: i tried recording a game clip but the game bar keeps saying cannot record try again later the hardware i have is compatible with game dvr but cant seem to be able to record clips...
  10. Win 10 Game DVR Long clips will not record properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Win 10 Game DVR Long clips will not record properly: I am finding that any clip over 15 mins the recording will not record properly. When I record clips that are over 15 mins the clip gets shortened considerably. The clips always show as less than 1...