Game DVR will not work even after hard reset and my captures/recordings i have are <20

Discus and support Game DVR will not work even after hard reset and my captures/recordings i have are <20 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The DVR has not worked for a good part of about a year and then a few days ago works fine. Allowing me to press x and y after pressing the home button,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by O0h B0B SaggeT, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Game DVR will not work even after hard reset and my captures/recordings i have are <20

The DVR has not worked for a good part of about a year and then a few days ago works fine. Allowing me to press x and y after pressing the home button, where previously they are always not showing even though in my settings they are clearly on. Even cortana
    when asked to take a screenshot says 'you cant do that right now', as if my DVR was off! I have tried all the troubleshooting methods in the Xbox support, several months ago i attempted to contact via phone and after almost 2 hours ended the call on my behalf
    with nothing at all solved. This is very frustrating, making me wonder if i will HAVE to buy another Xbox one just to use this feature. I have been with Xbox for a long time and hope this can be fixed without buying another...

:)

O0h B0B SaggeT, Apr 15, 2017
  2. IBTG
    IBTG Guest
    XBOX GAME DVR CRASHING

I recently started trying to record clips using the xbox game DVR. I will hit "start recording" and come back about 3 minutes later and about 20% of the time, when i re-open the game DVR, It is as if it was never recording and i have the options to "start
    clip" "end clip" and "show my captures". I want to know why this is happening because it is quite frustrating to waste 3-4 minutes on a clip that only "might record". (A hard reset wont work btw)

3. RudeboyARiot
    RudeboyARiot Guest
    (Game DVR for Windows) Recorded clips no longer appearing in DVR but are still appearing in "captures" file ??

Hi, as i said in my subject title, the clips i'm recording are no longer saving onto the xbox DVR app. They are however saving to the place where all previous DVR clips have always saved so nothing has changed there (users/owner/videos/captures/.....)
    I just can't see what i could have done to bring about this change in the DVR app. One day all clips were showing up in the xbox DVR app (after recording them using it) and the next they're not. I even deleted stuff from DVR thinking it could have been a
    storage issue but apparently not. After my game session ends and i close down the game i still get the notifications in Action center telling me that a game clip has been recorded and i can find it in the above mentioned file (just not game DVR). Any help
    on this would be much appreciated. Obviously not a huge deal but irritating and mystifying all the same. Thanks

RudeboyARiot, Apr 15, 2017
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Game DVR will not work even after hard reset and my captures/recordings i have are <20

Hey O0h B0B SaggeT! I saw you made a clip 17 hours ago on GTA V, are you still having this issue? Post back and let me know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Apr 17, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: