Game DVR not Uploading clips to Live

Discus and support Game DVR not Uploading clips to Live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello XBL Support Team, On Friday March 17, 2017, I deleted roughly 250+ total game clips from my Xbox One S & my account's Cloud Storage. Literally,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xMinion5150, Mar 21, 2017.

1. xMinion5150
    xMinion5150 Guest

Hello XBL Support Team,

On Friday March 17, 2017, I deleted roughly 250+ total game clips from my Xbox One S & my account's Cloud Storage. Literally, everything was intentionally deleted...or so I thought.

When I attempted to make a clip Saturday (03/18/2017) I was notified my clip could not be uploaded because my Cloud Storage was too full. I have checked my Cloud Storage several times since Friday, after following the Support articles regarding Game DVR
    issues & Power Cycling, all to no avail. My XBL buddy even said the Capture portion on my profile is empty, as is my Showcase.

So why can I not Upload any of my "new" clips, which are just saving to my console, if my Cloud storage is displaying empty?

Very frustrated because clips are a means of socializing & not a single capture has uploaded in four days of trying to troubleshoot it myself.

ANY

:)

xMinion5150, Mar 21, 2017
  2. Drama586
    Drama586 Guest
    CANT UPLOAD TO XBOX LIVE

Game dvr Is recording game clips to my xbox but not to xbox live.. I erased all of my game clips cleared up plenty of space. I even went to my other profile & Its uploading to xbox live from that profile but not my main profile I use daily.. Very upset because
    I make game clips for youtube & Cant even upload anything. Error code Is (0x82323016)

Drama586, Mar 21, 2017
  3. Shells006N
    Shells006N Guest
    Dvr help

ok so I’m making a montage for halo 5 and I’m using game dvr I have made 8 clips today and I need to do 2 more I’ve deleted clips but they say uploading to Xbox live but have no percentage I’ve tried restarting Xbox

Shells006N, Mar 21, 2017
  4. Game DVR not Uploading clips to Live

Hey, xMinion5150!

I'm sorry to see any Game DVR issues. We have had a few service issues this past week, so I wanted to check in to make sure this was still happening. I checked
    your public profile and don't see any captures there, either. However, this could be because you haven't tried in a few days.

If you are still having issues, I want to make sure that I understand your issue. When you go to upload the clips to Xbox Live, instead of being only "On this Xbox", you receive the error that your cloud storage is full, correct? Or is it happening AS you
    make the clip, and it doesn't upload there? These are very different situations, and I want to make sure we focus on the right thing here. Game DVR not Uploading clips to Live :)

Let me know if you're still having issues, and when exactly you are seeing this error. We'll work to see what is our next steps together!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, Mar 22, 2017
  5. xMinion5150
    xMinion5150 Guest
    Firstly, thank you, Misses Quinzel, for taking the time to help me out; very appreciated.

Unfortunately, the problem is persisting; just tried to create & upload a new clip, as well Upload a stored clip; both failed. It would seem both your given examples apply to me.

The latter situation sounds more like mine, it does not Upload the clip upon creation (as it had always previously done).

The former situation does occur too; if I go to my "On this Xbox" clips and try to Upload anything there I get the Cloud storage full message.

xMinion5150, Mar 22, 2017
  6. Interesting! Thanks for clarifying for me.

Let's try this. There are steps in our
    Game DVR troubleshooting
    page that we can try. I want you to specifically give
    Solution 3 a shot. Let me know if that doesn't work. Since
    Solution 4
    is something you have already done, we're not going to worry about that. We'll see what our next steps are after that! Game DVR not Uploading clips to Live :)

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums

Misses Quinzel, Mar 24, 2017
  7. xMinion5150
    xMinion5150 Guest
    Tried Solution 3 but to no avail. Made a new clip for Upload & tried to Upload a stored one, but neither got past the Cloud storage full message.

#FeelsBadMan

xMinion5150, Mar 24, 2017
  8. Game DVR not Uploading clips to Live

Well, the good news is that over the weekend we got this up to the appropriate teams to look into. Turns out you aren't the only one!

While there's nothing else we can do now, I will update you once I have more information from the investigation. I appreciate you being so patient with me while we troubleshot! My next step was going to see if we can get this investigated, so it's good that
    it happened magically (read: our sister team, Twitter, was awesome).

Keep an eye out for my next update!

Xbox Forums Staff

Program Forums

Misses Quinzel, Mar 27, 2017
  9. Hey, Minion!

We believe this to be resolved now. Please try uploading another game clip to the service and see if you get the error still. Let me know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Program Forums

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Krisander 1998 Win User

error code 0x87c40156

This Error Code means that you have to many Clips/Screenshots uploaded to Xbox Live and Xbox DVR fails to load them all, so you need to ether remove some Clips/Screenshots from Xbox Live (Those Clips/Screenshots will still be on your Console, just not on
    Xbox Live for anyone to see) and if that doesn't fix the DVR Error then you have to delete some Clips/Screenshots completely both from Console and Xbox Live to fix this DVR Error so Xbox DVR will be able to load your Clips/Screenshots about For Honor and other
    games.
  11. Tomesso Win User

OneDrive

If you have a mobile game clip what you've recorded to your phone using a screen capture app or something like that, you can't upload that video to Xbox Live.

Sorry, but that's not the way it works. You can download, edit and upload back
    to Xbox Live only those game clips that
    you’ve recorded with the Game DVR feature.

Step 1: Upload the video to Xbox Live (what you want to edit)

Step 2: Once it's uploaded to the Xbox Live, download it to your Win10 PC via Xbox App

Step 3: Edit, trim and save the new game clip

Step 3: Upload your edited video back to Xbox Live
  12. duggers76 Win User

Game DVR vs. Upload Studio vs. My Game Clips

Every clip you create using game dvr or clips that are automatically recorded, your friends can see, but if you want to share your clip with the Xbox community you have to upload them, with the upload studio.
  13. Misses Quinzel Win User

Tried Solution 3 but to no avail. Made a new clip for Upload & tried to Upload a stored one, but neither got past the Cloud storage full message.

#FeelsBadMan
    Well, the good news is that over the weekend we got this up to the appropriate teams to look into. Turns out you aren't the only one!

While there's nothing else we can do now, I will update you once I have more information from the investigation. I appreciate you being so patient with me while we troubleshot! My next step was going to see if we can get this investigated, so it's good that
    it happened magically (read: our sister team, Twitter, was awesome).

Keep an eye out for my next update!

Xbox Forums Staff

Program Forums
  14. xMinion5150 Win User

Interesting! Thanks for clarifying for me.

Let's try this. There are steps in our
    Game DVR troubleshooting
    page that we can try. I want you to specifically give
    Solution 3 a shot. Let me know if that doesn't work. Since
    Solution 4
    is something you have already done, we're not going to worry about that. We'll see what our next steps are after that!

#FeelsBadMan
Thema:

1. Game DVR not Uploading clips to Live - Similar Threads - Game DVR Uploading

2. Xbox game DVR on windows 10. Can I upload captures that were caught from 3rd party software?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game DVR on windows 10. Can I upload captures that were caught from 3rd party software?: I use a third party software to capture footage of my games and have it save to the same folder that my Xbox game captures are saved to, and would like to upload them my xbox live account to share...
  3. Cant upload screen shot or game clip from game dvr

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant upload screen shot or game clip from game dvr: Hello. when i try to upload a game clip or screen shot ,, i get error message that says we do not recognise the game... I am playing fornite battle royal. same happens when i screen shot from...
  4. Xbox App/Windows 10 Game DVR Upload Issue: "We don't recognize the game."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App/Windows 10 Game DVR Upload Issue: "We don't recognize the game.": When trying to upload certain games, an error prompt informs me that the game is not recognized. After searching around for a solution, I found that certain games do not have the proper tags. The...
  5. Not recording games before Upload Studio can edit 4k HDR Game DVR from external HDD!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not recording games before Upload Studio can edit 4k HDR Game DVR from external HDD!: Still waiting for Microsoft to further improve the Game DVR features on XBox One X. Most important is to upgrade Upload Studio to edit 4k HDR Game DVR from EXTERNAL HDD, instead of having to...
  6. Cant upload game dvr captures to youtube

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant upload game dvr captures to youtube: Me and a friend have 2 youtube channels which we post different games to, and both of us are stuggling to upload, my problem is that whenever i select a game clip on the upload tab on the youtube...
  7. Game DVR unable to upload clips?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR unable to upload clips?: I have a YouTube channel that I upload gameplay clips to from my Xbox because I don't have an Xbox Live (Live Gold?) membership - I can't afford it as I have no income, and the Xbox was a gift...
  8. game dvr wont upload clips to xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game dvr wont upload clips to xbox live: game dvr wont upload clips to xbox live. ive made sure i have no clips saved anywere. so its nouthing to do with space. the clips i make are getting saved but i cant sare them in any way. i keep...
  9. Game DVR upload from pc to xbox live feed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR upload from pc to xbox live feed: Hi there I'm using an Xbox one s and have just downloaded the new console update which has added the new dash board and the ability to record up 1 hour of gameplay by making a external device the...
  10. Game DVR captures don't upload to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR captures don't upload to Xbox live: For the past 3 days I haven't been able to capture something without getting "Couldn't upload to Xbox Live Remove captures to free up space" I have literally deleted every single capture on Xbox...