Game DVR loading slowly and not working in Snap.

Discus and support Game DVR loading slowly and not working in Snap. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is anyone else having any issues with the Game DVR app loading slowly and it being nothing but a blank grey screen when trying to use it in Snap? I've... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lost Remnant-87496765-DE88-447C-82B8-C13C02E51D26, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Game DVR loading slowly and not working in Snap.

Is anyone else having any issues with the Game DVR app loading slowly and it being nothing but a blank grey screen when trying to use it in Snap?

I've tried power cycling, unchecking "broadcasting and game recording" in settings, restarting again and then rechecking it and it still loads sluggishly and refuses to work in snap.

I haven't been notified of reaching a save limit for unsaved clips (as far as I know) and just to be safe I went through my DVR and deleted somewhere in the ballpark of 30-40 clips and screenshots just to be sure and it's still slow and unresponsive in snap.

Maybe it's just an issue on Microsofts end? Since upload studio seems to work as intended, it's just Game DVR that's being finicky.

:)

Lost Remnant-87496765-DE88-447C-82B8-C13C02E51D26, Feb 5, 2016
  2. duggers76
    duggers76 Guest
    Game DVR (XboxOne no kinect)

I get what you are saying but you don't need need snap game dvr at the start. Just play as normal and when you want to capture the last 30 seconds you can snap game dvr then and press end clip now. You don't even have to find game dvr as its an option in
    snap. It's not as snappy (sorry!) As saying "Xbox record that" but it's just a few clicks.

duggers76, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Rehply 516
    Rehply 516 Guest
    Xbox One is becoming very tedious!

the dvr feature has been working more frequently since the may update and i only notice it not working sometimes on cod ghosts, but it's still unreliable and when you say xbox record that sometimes nothing will pop up at all. and then if you try to snap
    dvr and record you get an instant error: 0x80004005.

Rehply 516, Feb 5, 2016
  4. SuperiorKarma83 Win User

Game DVR will not record with multiple reset methods tried and tech support called

Also while I'm playing a game and snap the game dvr my picture to the game goes completely blank and does not show up until I unsnap the game dvr. Xbox record that voice command does not work as well.
  5. duggers76 Win User

Game DVR (XboxOne no kinect)

I get what you are saying but you don't need need snap game dvr at the start. Just play as normal and when you want to capture the last 30 seconds you can snap game dvr then and press end clip now. You don't even have to find game dvr as its an option in
    snap. It's not as snappy (sorry!) As saying "Xbox record that" but it's just a few clicks.
  6. LTA Soldier Win User

10 Things I would like to see added.

Stop snapping party and game dvr, the game dvr thing especially, most time i click my clips anyway so it may aswell start in the middle n the party thing, just annoying when i am lingering on the dashboard and to accept the party invite i ultimately have
    something load up just to fill the middle normally its bf or fifa and when i ain't on them i dont need them loading up, i just want to manage my party wihout loading other apps n programs automatically, it should just sit separate and be snappable if i want
    to self snap it.
  7. Eskobar M92 Win User

"XBOX record that" only recording 1 second clips??

With "Record that" I get 22sec-1minute. Snap DVR works with 5 minute clips.
  8. Argontheos Win User

General Complaints about the New Xbox One Experience

^ Roger roger. I'm affected by the NXOE myself. But I'm on the opposite side to the OP.

Without a Kinect plugged in I can't Game DVR without having Game DVR snapped in. When on the old dash I could snap it in, start recording, and then snap it out. Or do something in-game, snap it in, and record however many minutes of gameplay.

Used to be like, double-tap home, press right. Done! To get to the Snap menu to pick an app, or to quickly access the app I last snapped in. Achievements, Game DVR, whatever. Now it's double-tap home, press down five times, press left... EVERYTIME, regardless
    of what I had snapped in previously.

"... streamlining all the way and making it pay! You got yourself a worse time pal!" Thanks Microsoft! {XD
Thema:

Game DVR loading slowly and not working in Snap.

1. Game DVR loading slowly and not working in Snap. - Similar Threads - Game DVR loading

2. Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games: Hello. My Series X is having this weird issue where commentator voices from several FIFA games (FIFA 23 and 22) aren’t getting captured by the Xbox DVR. I started noticing this 6 days ago. I can...
  3. Since the last update the xbox game dvr is broken again.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Since the last update the xbox game dvr is broken again.: Since the latest update in xbox one x,the xbox game dvr is keeps getting broken. Now I can't record the whole thing because when it's done the whole footage got corrupted like the video is...
  4. How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?: Hey, so my Xbox game DVR automatically deleted all my recent clips from Xbox live, only leaving a small few of my ancient screenshots from years ago and whenever I upload a new clip, it tells me...
  5. Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends: Current issue is with the Game DVR. I've been having issues with the audio that is being captured during recorded clips, specifically in Apex legends. I've been troubleshooting the issue and have...
  6. No audio track in Game DVR recordings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No audio track in Game DVR recordings: I've seen various posts relating to Game DVR not recording on XBox and previous versions of Windows but the issue still exists in Windows 11. There was even a post suggesting 'downgrading' the...
  7. Why does Game DVR not record at 60fps? The maximium fps I get is 48fps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Game DVR not record at 60fps? The maximium fps I get is 48fps.: The game I'm trying to record runs at 144fps at 1080p very well even on integrated graphics, so I'm not sure why nothing records at more than 48fps Laptop Specifications: CPU: 12th Gen Intel...
  8. Windows 11 Game DVR - Audio/Video Desync Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Windows 11 Game DVR - Audio/Video Desync Issue: Anyone have a fix or workaround for audio/video desync in Windows 11's Game DVR recordings? submitted by /u/CliffBlinky [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Game DVR Audio Desync

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game DVR Audio Desync: Hello, I don't remember exactly when it began, but pretty recently I've been having problems with my Xbox game clip audio. For some context: I play on an Xbox Series X. My Xbox is not damaged,...
  10. Game DVR takes forever to snap/load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR takes forever to snap/load: I've tried saving a few 5 minute video clips while playing Titanfall lately however when I do the required, "Xbox snap game dvr" it displays the splash screen and then literally takes 30+ seconds...