Game DVR doesn`t record any more than 41-42 seconds

Discus and support Game DVR doesn`t record any more than 41-42 seconds in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, When windows 10 first came out the first feature that called my attention was the Xbox game DVR within the windows. It was an awesome tool... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlphaWolfZen, Nov 20, 2015.

1. AlphaWolfZen
    AlphaWolfZen Guest

Greetings,

When windows 10 first came out the first feature that called my attention was the Xbox game DVR within the windows. It was an awesome tool to make new awesome gameplays and without the actual need to buy a hardware for this sole purpose. I combined the Xbox
    Streaming and the Game DVR to record my gameplays instead of using the limited 16 minutes Console DVR. I had 2 hours of gameplay and it was awesome!

Then came the Update. I knew the DVR sometimes might give us a smaller video for copyright reasons or stuff. But I never had any problems with the combination of the streaming and DVR. After the app update, the Windows 10 DVR lets me record the app. But
    when I start the streaming it stops.

When I try to start recording while already streaming, the red bar appears and everything seems fine. Until we hit the stop button, ending up ALWAYS with 41 seconds of footage. It was a huge frustration when after the update I just ended my recording of
    1 hour and a half and the DVR gave me a 41 second clip.

I tried everything, but the DVR refuses to record. Closing all apps, all software around to make sure nothing is wrong. But.... The problem is the stream. When I record the Xbox App window with the DVR it goes smoothly and gives me all the footage. It is
    just when the streaming starts.

Now I'm very frustrated and with this problem.

So my question is... Is this a problem that will be solved or a measure from Microsoft to prevent streaming recordings?

If I cannot record a streaming Xbox One game... I see no use at all for the Xbox DVR.

:)

AlphaWolfZen, Nov 20, 2015
  2. Why even i choose more than 5 seconds always record 5 sec videos

Why even i choose 15 or 30 or even 5 minutes at "all settings -> preferences -> game dvr & streaming" and "record that" records never record more than 5 seconds video clips unless i snap the game dvr and manually start and end the video clip.

I have the xbox on s 2tb with latest dashboard edition.

Why is this happening and how i can correct it?

FITSMAN PWR GRC, Nov 20, 2015
  3. Preslave
    Preslave Guest
    Game DVR terminates after 40 seconds.

So, I tried different ways to determine the cause of the problem and found almost nothing. Since Game DVR records most games in windowed mode and does not work in full, I guess some script inside the Game DVR resets recording after 40 seconds (after 53 times,
    twice record was more than 2 minutes).

I was able to run "This War of Mine" in full-screen mode, and that's record is correct (limited to two hours in the settings of the Game DVR).

I contact the support, but because my English is poor, we hardly got to understand each other.

Preslave, Nov 20, 2015
  4. Preslave Win User

Game DVR terminates after 40 seconds.

So, I tried different ways to determine the cause of the problem and found almost nothing. Since Game DVR records most games in windowed mode and does not work in full, I guess some script inside the Game DVR resets recording after 40 seconds (after 53 times,
    twice record was more than 2 minutes).

I was able to run "This War of Mine" in full-screen mode, and that's record is correct (limited to two hours in the settings of the Game DVR).

I contact the support, but because my English is poor, we hardly got to understand each other.
  5. DJ SANDSTORM407 Win User

"XBOX record that" only recording 1 second clips??

DVR works fine for me...i like how it records the last 30 seconds that past rather than it starting when you say "xbox record that".
  6. Def Oso Win User

How do you record

If you want to record longer than 30 seconds (default) say 'Xbox-Snap-Game DVR' this will snap the DVR options to your right, the top selection
    'Edit Clip Now' will allow you to change your record times. However, from what I can tell you have to change this each time you want to record longer than 30 seconds, seems it always goes back to the 30 sec after the longer selection finishes.
  7. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Gamertag changed

The "cats" part doesn`t refer to the animal,its more offensive than you first realise.
  8. xGaIVIeR GIRLx Win User

DVR- Xbox One record that won't record error 0x82323012

If always recorded 30 mins of game play through my connect which works fine, if I want to record 5 mins of game play with the game DVR it always say error and I cannot record more than 30 seconds, I have been into settings and checked everything I just don't
    know what else to do, my Xbox just feels broken
Thema:

1. Game DVR doesn`t record any more than 41-42 seconds - Similar Threads - Game DVR doesn`t

2. Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games: Hello. My Series X is having this weird issue where commentator voices from several FIFA games (FIFA 23 and 22) aren’t getting captured by the Xbox DVR. I started noticing this 6 days ago. I can...
  3. Since the last update the xbox game dvr is broken again.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Since the last update the xbox game dvr is broken again.: Since the latest update in xbox one x,the xbox game dvr is keeps getting broken. Now I can't record the whole thing because when it's done the whole footage got corrupted like the video is...
  4. How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?: Hey, so my Xbox game DVR automatically deleted all my recent clips from Xbox live, only leaving a small few of my ancient screenshots from years ago and whenever I upload a new clip, it tells me...
  5. Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends: Current issue is with the Game DVR. I've been having issues with the audio that is being captured during recorded clips, specifically in Apex legends. I've been troubleshooting the issue and have...
  6. No audio track in Game DVR recordings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No audio track in Game DVR recordings: I've seen various posts relating to Game DVR not recording on XBox and previous versions of Windows but the issue still exists in Windows 11. There was even a post suggesting 'downgrading' the...
  7. Why does Game DVR not record at 60fps? The maximium fps I get is 48fps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Game DVR not record at 60fps? The maximium fps I get is 48fps.: The game I'm trying to record runs at 144fps at 1080p very well even on integrated graphics, so I'm not sure why nothing records at more than 48fps Laptop Specifications: CPU: 12th Gen Intel...
  8. Windows 11 Game DVR - Audio/Video Desync Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Windows 11 Game DVR - Audio/Video Desync Issue: Anyone have a fix or workaround for audio/video desync in Windows 11's Game DVR recordings? submitted by /u/CliffBlinky [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Game DVR Audio Desync

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game DVR Audio Desync: Hello, I don't remember exactly when it began, but pretty recently I've been having problems with my Xbox game clip audio. For some context: I play on an Xbox Series X. My Xbox is not damaged,...
  10. Xbox Series X Game DVR recorded clips have no audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Game DVR recorded clips have no audio: I am well aware this issue has been said on here plenty of times already. But I've tried the recent queries and their solutions. My current settings are stereo uncompressed for both stereo and...