Game DVR does not capture clips on Overwatch properly?

Discus and support Game DVR does not capture clips on Overwatch properly? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When playing Overwatch if I use Win+Alt+G to capture gameplay it instead shows 30 seconds of a still shot of something else (that I did not record), or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AnActualToaster, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Game DVR does not capture clips on Overwatch properly?

When playing Overwatch if I use Win+Alt+G to capture gameplay it instead shows 30 seconds of a still shot of something else (that I did not record), or my mouse moving to click on whatever it was I was trying to record. The audio matches what I intended
    to capture, but the video (or lack thereof) does not. I have not tried to capture clips on other games as I rarely play anything else but can update if it does/does not work.

:)

AnActualToaster, Jul 1, 2018
  2. troysch
    troysch Guest
    Xbox One: Record Live TV

Hi LetHypercurve7

No I don't believe so mate - the Game DVR is purely to capture gaming clips.

troysch, Jul 1, 2018
  3. Dominator137
    Dominator137 Guest
    Game DVR recordings over 30mins not saving

Ok, so have been attempting to use the game dvr to record overwatch, and it works fine for short clips, three separate times for a clip over 1hr long, upon stopping recording i see the notification 1:11:00 recorded or whatever, if i click on that it opens
    up game dvr and shows that there are no recordings, using file explorer also confirms that the default destination is empty. But heres the odd part, while recording i can see that there is a video in captures in file explorer, however cannot access it as it
    is currently in use by another program, then it disappears when i finish recording. There is plenty of available space on my pc.

summed up short clips work fine, long clips are being deleted automatically upon ending the recording.

any help would be appreciated

Dominator137, Jul 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Game DVR does not capture clips on Overwatch properly?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Game DVR doesnt work

2. Win Alt R doesnt work for game recording