Game disc doesn't spin

Discus and support Game disc doesn't spin in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When switching from BF4 to 2k14 or to Titanfall the game(s) 90% of the time won't start reading/spinning. It usually takes 6+ times re-inserting the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xbox Live User, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Game disc doesn't spin

When switching from BF4 to 2k14 or to Titanfall the game(s) 90% of the time won't start reading/spinning. It usually takes 6+ times re-inserting the game for it to recognize it and start playing it.

Previously someone mentioned, on the forums, that if you goto "Settings>Network>Advanced settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear" that it will then load the game; this is true, but takes much longer than trying to re-inserting it multiple times..

..so my question is: Is this issue being looked at or will it benefit me more if I just use my warranty instead and get a new console or repair?

:)

Xbox Live User, Apr 27, 2014
  2. wow antman
    wow antman Guest
    Discs still reading after install? Downloads in the background when off? (not in standby)

Lol I wouldn't know, my disc drive doesn't spin at all.

wow antman, Apr 27, 2014
  3. xbox game back up

If you are worried about your discs, you can install the games onto your Xbox hard drive.

However you will still need the disc in the Xbox when playing the game. The benefit of this is that the disc only spins when you boot the game and when you exit the game, which saves wear and tear. It also makes the Xbox run cooler as the disc doesn't spin.

SONIC SCREAM 07, Apr 27, 2014
  4. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

Game disc doesn't spin

I think the disc drive going bye-bye. I was you. I would called MS for repair the console. You can do it over the phone or online. The number in the US and Canada is 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

Dakrkplayer2, Apr 27, 2014
  5. WOGwald
    WOGwald Guest
    same problem. I have initiated an Advanced Exchange.

WOGwald, Apr 28, 2014
  6. I have also initiated a advance exchange, do suggest everyone with the same problem do the same once the external hdd compatibility update comes out.

Xbox Live User, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Costa Apostolou Win User

Weird noise coming from disc drive when playing games

I have had the same problem since launch, it drives me nuts........ Why does it spin, the games are installed, all it needs to do is verify the disc is there and stop spinning. I assume its spinning as it doesn't make the noise with. No disc....
  8. IXISTiCKYIXI Win User

If I install a disc, does that mean I can play it regardless of the disc's condition?

If the disc is scratched on a part that the Xbox reads prior to spinning down, it might not work.

But if the scratch is on a different part of the disc, that doesn't affect the initial spin up. Than you still should be able to play a pre-installed game.
  9. ReproductioN-A10C66D Win User

We CAN'T Play The MP Off Our HDD!

With the new disc format, the games tend to spin a bit longer like the others have mentioned. Wait for around a minute to see if it stop spinning and if it doesn't, then there may be a problem.
  10. voyager4023 Win User

Disc spins when playing installed game from memory

Ok new update and I've confirmed this multiple times, the disc stops spinning after about two minutes and the game plays normally from memory. It's still a little bit annoying that the disc spins when it doesn't have to, but at least it's nowhere near as
    bad as I thought it was, I thought it would never stop spinning the whole time I was playing the game.
  11. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

xbox game back up

If you are worried about your discs, you can install the games onto your Xbox hard drive.

However you will still need the disc in the Xbox when playing the game. The benefit of this is that the disc only spins when you boot the game and when you exit the game, which saves wear and tear. It also makes the Xbox run cooler as the disc doesn't spin.
Thema:

Game disc doesn't spin

1. Game disc doesn't spin - Similar Threads - Game disc doesn't

2. How to undigitize a collection/ make the game require a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to undigitize a collection/ make the game require a disc: Recently I've been trying to convert my (mostly digital) game collection to a physical one, but I noticed an oddity when I go to install. My process is to uninstall the digital version, and...
  3. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  4. Can't download disc games on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download disc games on Xbox one: I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 2 on my xbox one but whenever I put the disc in it won't start installing and when I take the disc out it says installation stopped, Horizon 2 also doesn't seem...
  5. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  6. Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc: My tittle updates are not working 87b42e35-0424-47a2-b830-9be4a42e73f8
  7. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  8. Help! Xbox one doesn't launch a game disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! Xbox one doesn't launch a game disc: Hi, I bought the Car mechanic simulator disc, but it doesn't want to launch on my xbox one. Tried another disc - it works fine. Tried restarting, clearing more space, nothing... The disc starts...
  9. Why doesn't my game progress save it self, when I play direct from the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't my game progress save it self, when I play direct from the disc?: I Have an old Xbox original. Why doesn't my game progress get saved in the hardrive, when I play direct from the disc? When I play games from the harddrive Everything works as it should. And...
  10. Doesn't Recognize Game Disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doesn't Recognize Game Disc: Ok, I posted about this on before. The fix that was recommended was to unplug Xbox for 10 minutes or something. I did that. Now, I haven't played The Witcher 3 in a few days and it no longer...