Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

Discus and support Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Samantha Nash, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!

:)

Samantha Nash, Apr 12, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Samantha! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your saved data for Dead Space.

Using an external hard drive on your console shouldn't affect your saved data for games. May I ask if you have received any error codes/messages regarding your saved progress for this game?

- Is this regarding the original Dead Space (Xbox 360 backward-compatible game) or the recently released Dead Space remake?

- Have you already tried deleting your local saved data for this game so your console syncs the latest cloud save available? This can be done at My games & apps > Dead Space > Manage game & add-ons > Saved data > Select your profile and then "Delete from console".

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. ISirProdigy007 Win User

Warframe not installing.

Hi The Shadows,

Do you have an external harddrive?, make it your default thing to install things on to. you can do this by going to the system setting then to storage. if you don't external harddrive please check how much size the internal harddrive has left and check the
    space requirements for the game and see if your harddrive has the required space. if your harddrive doesn't have enough space please remove something.

Happy Gaming!.
  4. WPAK Win User

Xbox one games crashing upon launch

Hi there,

just to be sure, are the games installed on the internal storage device or an external storage device?

If they are installed on an external storage device, please try and see what happens if the game is installed on the internal storage device and the external storage device is disconnected.
  5. H-F Hum Win User

Issues with installation

I'm gonna be more specific: the game doesn't accept installation on external storage. Whether it's flash drive or external hard drive, the game isn't meant to install on external storage connected through USB just like Need for Speed Rivals on Xbox 360.
    You need to install it on an internal hard drive (media hard drive). The link I provided to you aren't external hard drives; they're internal hard drives for the Xbox 360:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/harddrives
  6. icsxyppl Win User

Hard Drive

Since GTA was downloaded to the external drive - it should only be playable when the external drive is attached. If COD MW was moved to the external drive it should only be playable when the external drive is attached. I have a suspicion that the games were
    copied instead of moved which leaves the (confused) system with 2 places to look for binaries - the internal and external harddrive. You can check this by looking at your storage and see whether you have game copies for the same game on both harddrives. You
    can try to clean up your storage environment and figure out where to put games with one of the smaller free games. Download and install the game to the internal drive then check whether it plays ok. After a successful test move (all of) that game to the external
    harddrive and check whether it plays ok still.

Which model of the Seagate game drive do you use (1,2,4,8 TB)?

Best regards

Sassan Karai
Thema:

1. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive. - Similar Threads - Game data deleted

2. Is there any way to have your data in a game be deleted to fix an issue in game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to have your data in a game be deleted to fix an issue in game.: In the elder scrolls V, there seems that the most recent update plus the mod “Ugh Mod Manager” has caused me to not be able to do anything with the modding. I can’t disable, delete, or even change...
  3. Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I...: Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I need help 9988fae2-4bf1-4c16-871f-20c5a14fc725
  4. Even after deleting "Saved Data" from STARFIELD on Series S, the game crashes So Often. Am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Even after deleting "Saved Data" from STARFIELD on Series S, the game crashes So Often. Am...: Hi all, I have been thoroughly enjoying STARFIELD on my Series S but I am getting really fed up with all the crashes. I've applied all the recommendations on the Bethesda site and still having...
  5. Removing/deleting a game history/data

in XBoX Accessibility
    Removing/deleting a game history/data: So few years ago i played some cheap knock-off games from Microsoft Store (PC) and later i deleted them. few days ago i realised those games are being shown as a history in my Xbox app for PC and...
  6. Can i recover game save data if it was accidentally deleted from all Platforms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i recover game save data if it was accidentally deleted from all Platforms: Accidentally deleted my file for starfield. Been playing it from cloud gaming on my xbox one console. Got really far and I really don't want to to start from scratch. So, is there away to get my...
  7. my xbox doesnt give the option to delete cloud saved game data, only local.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox doesnt give the option to delete cloud saved game data, only local.: very frustrating not being able to reset games to first-time start up. there was a thread already asking this in 2019, this still hasn’t been solved a46866b2-4468-4c2d-8924-1d09feb56bf9
  8. My VoIP doesn’t work on the game DayZ and I cannot delete saved data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My VoIP doesn’t work on the game DayZ and I cannot delete saved data: For some reason despite having a headset my VOIP isn’t enabled in dayZ I’m not sure if it’s an in game issue but I’ve also noticed I cannot delete the synced file to see whether it’s corrupt I can...
  9. How can i delete my Microsoft Ultimate Word Games cloud data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can i delete my Microsoft Ultimate Word Games cloud data?: The cloud data for this one game appears to be corrupted, as it downloads VERY slowly and ultimately quits with an error. a2b71ebb-e250-46eb-a2e2-0181b6e795cc
  10. Accidentally deleted game data from everywhere is their a way to restore it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally deleted game data from everywhere is their a way to restore it: Accidentally deleted game data from everywhere is their a way to restore it 60c69cf7-e566-49fc-985a-e6ba5f09ed66