Game Controllers Calibration tool issues/problems

Discus and support Game Controllers Calibration tool issues/problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Having problems with Calibrating the X and Y axis of my left analog stick on both Xbox One and Xbox Series Controller on Windows 10 Pro PC using the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SplinterUK, Oct 25, 2023.

1. SplinterUK
    SplinterUK Guest

Having problems with Calibrating the X and Y axis of my left analog stick on both Xbox One and Xbox Series Controller on Windows 10 Pro PC using the Game Controllers Properties found in the Devices and Printers section of the Control Panel. Both controllers work fine on the consoles with no drift at all and no need of dead zones. But when I use them on PC I have continued issues with Controller Drift, even after forcing dead zones of the controllers to be over 40% of the analog radius via Steam and other platforms where I have been using the controller to play games. I find that the controllers themselves are mostly slow on response, remembering where the 0,000X0,000 point is or rather, the centre point of the controllers are.
    Is there any resolution to this other than going through the calibration and reset of calibration method another 50 times? (I've spent an entire 12 hours at this point trying to fix this to no success)

:)

SplinterUK, Oct 25, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Well friend, seeing that the previously given solutions did not work on your console, therefore I would recommend having the equipment checked to rule out hardware problems (accessories, connection inputs, among others).
  3. SplinterUK Win User

I was using the controller wired through to a USB port on the PC without batteries. Sadly holding the Controller on/off button does not turn off the controller or reset it.

At this stage I have also done a full system reset to see if I had any conflicting drivers on my PC. This has not worked either.
    Tried using different USB ports including my front I/O ports and my PCIEE Adaptor's USB ports with no success.
    Will be trying with a different cable to see if that resolves it. If not, sadly it would mean the controllers in general aren't good for use on PC and will have to get a different brand or would need a better software-side related solution. As mentioned, both work perfectly on console with no Y axis drift on left stick at all. Just completely baffling me at this point.

Edit: Sadly changing USB cables did not fix the issue either.
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello SplinterUK, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji!

I understand that you are having problems with the calibration of the X and Y axis of your left analog stick on Xbox One and Xbox Series Controller on a Windows 10 Pro PC.

Restart the controller: Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off. Wait a few seconds and press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on

Check the batteries: Check that the controller batteries are not causing this problem. If the controller does not turn on at all, replace the batteries in the controller with new ones and make sure you place them correctly in the controller.
  5. FrankHülldich Win User

Xbox360 Controller Configuration

Where can I find this windows calibration tool?
    I have this problem on several games, most of them have sensitivity calibration in the settings but no deadzone and some don't even change the sentivity for example sim racing games. Because of this problem is why I'm looking for a way to calibrate sensitivity and deadzone outside games.
  6. DangerousBard Win User

TV Calibration Tool

All depends on your TV set yet it's recommended to leave the color space setting set to TV (RGB Limited). RGB Limited is the broadcast standard for video content and is intended for use with televisions.
Thema:

1. Game Controllers Calibration tool issues/problems - Similar Threads - Game Controllers Calibration

2. Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller

in XboX Insiders
    Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller: Hoping it's not my phone's fault not being good enought but there's a bit of controller input lag that's enough to make it not worth playing but besides my phone I also am using the old Steel...
  3. So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming: So my Xbox one controller when connected to my iPad works on almost all apps and on the home screen except for the cloud gaming website where it just doesn’t work. It claims that no controller is...
  4. Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation: I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical movement of the analogue sticks to the in-game...
  5. Xbox controller no longer working with epic games launcher.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller no longer working with epic games launcher.: For a long time I have used an Xbox controller to play GTA V through the Epic Games launcher. I have done this by adding it as a non-steam game. A couple days ago it stopped working and now the...
  6. This game requires a controller.

in XboX Insiders
    This game requires a controller.: I noticed last night when I went to play Vampire Survivors on my Series X, when the game stated I got an Xbox prompt telling me the game requires a controller to play it. At first I thought, well...
  7. Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls: So recently I been downloading more 360 games to play and this never happened to me til now. A few games I downloaded, the controls were just inverted by default with no change to the settings at...
  8. Controller issues blinking mid game

in XboX Insiders
    Controller issues blinking mid game: My controller keeping blinking for a second every few minutes disconnecting then reconnecting I’ve tried everything don’t know what to do did it with other controllers aswell just randomly started...
  9. random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...: I press the A button once and frequently any game on any system with any controller a double press is registered. All firmware and software updates are current. Systems power cycled. Batteries...
  10. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...