Game Continues to Install Itself on Xbox Live

Discus and support Game Continues to Install Itself on Xbox Live in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I had the game Lamplighters when it came out on Game Pass, predownloaded it and all that. But ever since I uninstalled it, it's been downloaded to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ed Bice, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Ed Bice
    Ed Bice Guest

So I had the game Lamplighters when it came out on Game Pass, predownloaded it and all that. But ever since I uninstalled it, it's been downloaded to my computer almost daily, and I haven't been able to keep it from downloading itself automatically to my computer.

I've tried setting downloads to require me to give approval, but it's still appearing on my games list every morning like a ghost. Is there a section I've been missing that has an "auto download" list, that I can get Lamplighters off of asap?

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app, but the issue persists.

Thanks for any help.

:)

Ed Bice, Dec 29, 2023
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

I hope so! Please, let me know.
  3. Ed Bice Win User

Unfortunately no, the problem persists. Turned my computer on today to find it trying to download Lamplighters.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Ed, my name is Rodrigo.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, clear the XBOX App settings, this should fix it.

Press the Windows key+X > Select > Apps > Xbox > Advanced > Repair

Let me know if it works!
  5. Ed Bice Win User

Went through with the repairs, fingers crossed if this keeps Lamplighters from redownloading!
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hello Ed B,

Unfortunately, I don't have any further troubleshooting to offer.

There are many knowledgeable users active on the forum and I hope that someone else can offer further insight on your issue.

Thanks,

Rodrigo
Thema:

1. Game Continues to Install Itself on Xbox Live - Similar Threads - Game Continues Install

2. Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue: I made a post a while ago and i wasnt able to get back to it until recently I said this: I have had this issue for a while now. Whenever I try to open the xbox app, i am left with the black...
  3. Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...: What happens is whenever I move my controller joystick forward to sprint in ac vallhalla and I let go of the stick it continues moving this is the same problem on the games UI and when moving...
  4. I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For...: I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For overcooked 2. We used to play and invite my friend with no problem two days ago and now it is imposible...
  5. [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...: I am creating this question because my previous question was closed due to inactivity. Please read this linked post for context on this issue:...
  6. BG3 Can’t continue an existing Private multiplayer game with friend. Does anyone know if...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BG3 Can’t continue an existing Private multiplayer game with friend. Does anyone know if...: BG3 just launched on Xbox. Started a fresh new game with a friend. On PC / Steam we did not need to access the landing page Multiplayer menu which seemed like a match making or select a server...
  7. My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?: I got a new laptop 2 months ago on windows 11 and while playing games whether or not its with friends or on my own after using any of my movement buttons and then released my character would...
  8. The Among Us game continues to say “user is not logged in- can not authenticate”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Among Us game continues to say “user is not logged in- can not authenticate”: While I had found a similar question to mine and I tried everything that was suggested for a that question. Nothing has worked I even restarted the Xbox a couple of times and it still come up like...
  9. Lords of fallen on Xbox crashes and won't allow me to continue the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lords of fallen on Xbox crashes and won't allow me to continue the game: I'm playing Lords of Fallen on Xbox, it has crashed from the game whilst playing and sent me back to the main menu where it is not letting me continue the game. It won't allow me to load the game...
  10. Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything: Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: I continuously get error 0x80830003 when playing on the cloud. I have reset my console (keeping saves and games), reset my console a second time (deleting everything...