Game constantly stopping while downloading from disc

Discus and support Game constantly stopping while downloading from disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox One (2014) starts downloading with speed and estimated time, then the estimated time and download speed go away, then it stops downloading,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Enaknaem, Sep 4, 2023.

1. Enaknaem
    Enaknaem Guest

My Xbox One (2014) starts downloading with speed and estimated time, then the estimated time and download speed go away, then it stops downloading, then I have to manuallypress resume downloading/updating everytime. It's plugged in with ethernet, I've tried restating aswell. Whenever it starts to download again, the fan starts going really fast and then stops. I'm downloading from a disc. When it's actually downloading it will only go 0.02 GB every time. Game is Call of Duty Infinite Warfare legacy edition with Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered, both games on same disc, Call of Duty MW Remastered installed perfectly fine with no errors, and plays perfectly fine.
    Game constantly stopping while downloading from disc [​IMG]
    The game.

:)

Enaknaem, Sep 4, 2023
  2. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Hi, my name is Ezequiel and thank you for your question and for reaching out. Hello Enaknaem how are you?

I am very sorry that you are experiencing this problem, I will give you some procedures to try to correct these problems.

I recommend taking your console offline and installing every setup file first.

After installation connect internet to update.

If the game is not installing or taking too long, you can delete the game.

Let's try to download the game from the Xbox mobile app to the cell phone.

Download the Xbox application on your cell phone, log into your account, within the application search for the game Call of Duty Infinity Warfire, click download.

The download will start on your Xbox, after finishing insert your disc and see if you can play the game.
  3. IceStorm III Win User

Big ring in middle of disk?

Stop bumping the 360 console or /vibrating the surface it's sitting on. If you're not doing those things, stop using the console and get another one.

DVD rental stores usually have a resurfacing machine that can take care of the damage if the scratch hasn't made it down to the data layer of the disc.

Your best bet is to install your games to the HDD or to a large-enough USB Memory Unit. This stops the 360 from spinning the disc constantly while in-game.
  4. QuetzaB Win User

Weird hard drive noise!

https://vimeo.com/80286817

I'm also having this problem, it goes specially loud while running games from HDD downloaded from live. While playing games from discs it gets a little bit more quiet and if during the games there is a movie read directly from the disc ir almost stops. And
    on every game, while saving the noises quickly stops and go back.

Mine is. Day One edition bought in Brazil.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Can't install a game (Grand Theft Auto V)

If it doesn't recognize the license, then you'd be unable to start it, and get the error message "Do you own this game or app?".

Also, if you haven't bought it digitally, you wouldn't be able to download it at all, as the button to download it would be a Buy button.

Are you downloading a digital game, or are you trying to install the game from disc? If you're installing from disc, be aware, that GTA V has gotten a LOT of HUGE updates, and will download these updates while it's installing from disc. Sometimes even stopping
    the disc and downloading the necessary update files.

Depending on your internet connection, your installation might appear to have stopped, but since it's a several gigabyte large download will take a long time from going from one percent indicator to the next.

Or do you actually get the status message that the "Installation stopped"?
  6. Waykam Win User

Has your HD Texture Pack installed correctly.

Probably right, the disc stops a little while after the disc loads because the game is then running from the HDD, if you don't have the game installed to the HDD the disc won't stop spinning, either way will work. It's the disc stopping that causes the problem.
Thema:

1. Game constantly stopping while downloading from disc - Similar Threads - Game constantly stopping

2. Xbox game bar constantly crashing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar constantly crashing: Whenever I load up xbox game bar it loads for about 5 seconds then the widgets just say 'something went wrong with this widget' however it only seems to do this on 'Looking for group' and 'Social'...
  3. LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ada_UserOC Constant Game Crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ada_UserOC Constant Game Crash: Hi I bought a Gigabyte RTX 4080 Aero OC this March and since then I've encountered countless random crashes during gaming. I checked my event viewer and It shows nvlddmkm event id 0. Here's my...
  4. PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly

in XboX Insiders
    PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly: Im currently stuck in a loop where the game Another crab's Treasure will crash once loaded in then on the app will download an 'update' and so on. Weird thing Is I played this morning and...
  5. Why are games on my hdd stuttering constantly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are games on my hdd stuttering constantly?: I understand this isn't necessarily microsofts products but I thought this would be a good place to go. Games on my Hdd are extremely slow and keep stuttering. It's a brand new hdd. Seagate...
  6. HELP, Please? XboxOne Constantly Kicks Me Out of Games

in XboX Insiders
    HELP, Please? XboxOne Constantly Kicks Me Out of Games: Hello! I am having the hardest time with my XboxOne. Every single time I play Palworld it kicks me back to title or just freezes. My SO has a Xbox Series X and has zero issues with this happening....
  7. Sick of constant game updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sick of constant game updates: Every time I go to play a game it seems to need an update! I’m getting really fed up with it, whilst I get there are improvements etc. that are made why on Earth are they released in the first...
  8. Gamepass games constantly crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games constantly crashing: The games from game pass are constantly crashing I cant even open up some games before they crash ab60dc9a-c951-433f-b13d-a23403a3526a
  9. Xbox 1S constantly saying I need under a gigabyte to update games, when 80+ is available on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1S constantly saying I need under a gigabyte to update games, when 80+ is available on...: I have an Xbox 1S. It has 80+ gb of storage left on the internal hard drive, but I cannot even access my games or do anything because whenever one of my games has an update, it spams my screen...
  10. Latest Preview Update Constantly Crashing Games and Shutting Down Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Preview Update Constantly Crashing Games and Shutting Down Xbox: My Xbox Series X console says it was last updated on 2 October 2023 OS Version: 10.0.25398.2258 (xb_flt_2309zn.230918-2000) Shell Version: 2309.0.2309.18001 I believe I am part of the Omega...