Game clips have white screen with audio!

Discus and support Game clips have white screen with audio! in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi people, So I've come across a really annoying problem which has left me baffled! I recorded multiple 30 seconds Rocket League clips on my PC... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BeezeeBox, Mar 3, 2020.

1. BeezeeBox
    BeezeeBox Guest

Hi people,

So I've come across a really annoying problem which has left me baffled!

I recorded multiple 30 seconds Rocket League clips on my PC using the windows game bar which is linked with the xbox app. I then opened the folder where they was located, watched one, then the rest of them all had white thumbnails after (they all had the
    natural thumbnails before I watched one clip)....... and when I play them I simply get a white screen but WITH the audio.

I've tried opening the files with multiple programs and nothing I do is getting rid of this white screen!!!!

Please note I've recorded many clips in the past using these options and never had a problem, also there has been no hardware or software change whatsoever.

I feel like they have corrupted, but this has never happened before in my life with video files so I'm genuinely confused to what's happened, as I don't want the problem to happen again as I've now lost many seriously cool clips that were going onto my YouTube
    channel!

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you!

:)

BeezeeBox, Mar 3, 2020
  2. CheezyDibbles66 Win User

Some games might have restrictions against recording in them so that might be why.
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi Gamer

Please make sure your Windows and Apps are updated

I would also suggest checking for driver updates
  4. LiThIuMxFaLcOn Win User

I've never had the screen go white on clips before. The things that happen to me in clips if where I hit record last 30 seconds but it'll only record like 5 seconds with no audio. Some games seem weird with the recording system to me.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

I don’t know how to get audio in my clips.

This is a public forum and you won't have anybody emailing you.

What solutions have you tried so far?

There was recently an issue with some consoles whereby audio was out of sync on clips so it's possible it's a variation of that. Might be worth playing with the clip settings on your console:

open a game

Record a clip

Shut the game

If audio broken, delete the clip

Change either clip duration or clip quality in settings

Start game

Record clip

Close game

Check clip...if still broken, delete and then keep repeat the process.

I can't guarantee that will work as I have only tried it on out of sync audio but it's worth a try
  6. Moonlord-C8A3F7C0-F1 Win User

Xbox one smartglass to watch friends game DVR clips... No audio?

Yup...I came to the forums to see if there has been any mention of this because I'm having game dvr audio issues as well all of a sudden.

When I save a clip now it doesn't have any audio and most of the new release clips I've viewed in the upload app are lacking audio as well. My older, existing clips still play audio normally.
Thema:

1. Game clips have white screen with audio! - Similar Threads - Game clips white

2. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  3. Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...: I was looking through my profile and then I saw that almost half of my game clips and screenshots are gone I'm wondering what happened and can I get them back cuz I never deleted them...
  4. Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen and can I get them back...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen and can I get them back...: Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen? Can I get them recovered PLEASEEE? 3821a926-74a9-46e1-bb9c-64580343c288
  5. Can you swap the screenshare button to "Hold" for screenshot and press for game clip?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you swap the screenshare button to "Hold" for screenshot and press for game clip?: I prefer to press the screenshare button for game clips and would like for "hold" to take a screen shot. Is this at all possible? I tried EVERYTHING!!! a8b09abe-705b-4223-b233-7ba7d9ecd0c1
  6. Game Clips Stop Working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Clips Stop Working: Whenever I take a game clip it always stops working once I upload it to the Xbox Network, whenever I try and access the clip it gives me an error code. The one thing about this is that the only...
  7. Transfer game clips/ screenshots to usb

in XboX Insiders
    Transfer game clips/ screenshots to usb: How much storage space do I need on my usb stick for let's say 500 screenshots? And if you have any recommendations for a usb stick I would greatly appreciate it. submitted by /u/BernieTheLama...
  8. Recording voices in Xbox game clips

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recording voices in Xbox game clips: Why can't I recording me or my friends voice in Xbox game clips? 00621e7c-ec1e-4c8a-941d-7c7a87f8e7af
  9. Game Clips "A Error Occurred"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Clips "A Error Occurred": Whenever I record a game clip and try to watch it in my recent I am prompted with an "An Error Occurred" text when doing so. I can see these clips in the Captures app but not in the Captures...
  10. How do I restore a game clip

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I restore a game clip: My friend saw Mt favorite clip and thought it would be funny to delete it so he did and I was wondering if I can restore It 57249625-ce61-4ec7-9b79-ced2bb8e7e49