Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.

Discus and support Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi All, I've tried game chats on NBA2K24, EAFC24, DayZ, Forza Motorsport 7 and although chat icons are appearing, I am unable to hear them and also my... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Naff18, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Naff18
    Naff18 Guest

Hi All,

I've tried game chats on NBA2K24, EAFC24, DayZ, Forza Motorsport 7 and although chat icons are appearing, I am unable to hear them and also my chat icon does not show either. Party chats are working fine so it is not a headset issue. All port fowarding is done, I'm on Open settings, I've reinstalled games, restarted 762 times including cache clearing and hard resets. I've hard reset my router, tried hotspotting from my phone, tried the neighbours internet and still the issue persists.

Open to any other suggestions

:)

Naff18, Oct 16, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Naff18,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you sharing this with us and for carefully documenting the steps you took to address the issue and the outcomes. Our development team has to look into this matter more, in my opinion. Please report your case to Xbox Feedback so that we can work with you to remedy this problem. You can provide the Xbox development team with feedback and suggestions through the Xbox Feedback portal. By submitting your case to Xbox Feedback, you'll contribute in our ability to rapidly investigate and resolve the issue.

Press and hold the Xbox button , and then select Report a problem to launch the Report a Problem app.

1. Select Report new problem.
    2. If you’re experiencing an audio or video issue, you can provide additional info and diagnostics to your problem report by selecting Reproduce with advanced diagnostics. Otherwise select Continue with standard diagnostics.

Note If you select Reproduce with advanced diagnostics, continue with the instructions that are found in the section, “Report a problem with media tracing.”
    3. Choose the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. If you’re not sure what to choose, make your best guess.
    4. If you have a screenshot or game clip with your issue, ensure that Include screenshot or Include game clip is selected.
    5. You may be prompted to complete your report another way:
      • If you select Use another device, you can use your mobile device to scan the provided QR code and continue from your device. This is helpful if your problem report has a lot of details that typing with the virtual keyboard on console may prove difficult.
      • If you select Continue on console, you can continue through the steps in this section to submit your issue from your Xbox console. You can use a USB keyboard, the Xbox Chatpad, or the Xbox app on your mobile or Windows device to submit the details of your report.

Note If you’re using a virtual assistant such as Cortana or Alexa, bring up the keyboard for each text field, and then press the View button to use voice-to-text.
    6. Enter a short title for your issue.
    7. Enter a description of your issue. Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem?
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem or behavior? If so, what did it say?
    8. Select Submit. It can take several seconds for your problem report to send.

Please see: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support
  3. FBJ God Win User

Steelseries Arctis 9X - Mic not working on Xbox Series X

I'm having the same problem but with game chat. Party chat work fine but game chat never works
  4. jason edmeades Win User

I cant hear or speak on game chat for some reason any idea why

It's not party chat that is fine it's in game chat that is not working
  5. CaileeCarthel Win User

Game Chat Communication

Party chat works fine. Im having problems with game chat.
  6. Vince604 Win User

Everyone is Muted When I plug in the Stereo Adapter

Party chat works fine, but i feel like sometimes the adapter doesn't work in game chat.
Thema:

1. Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine. - Similar Threads - Game chat working

2. How to get game chat to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get game chat to work: When I plug in my headset to my controller and try to talk on game chat it DOSENT work but when I unplug the head set I can here game chat thru the tv I’ve tried on 2 different controllers and 2...
  3. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  4. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  5. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  6. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  7. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...
  8. Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.: My microphone won't work in call of duty game chat, I've tried using my Astro A20 gen 2, a pair of Razer nari ultimate, and an Astro A10 wired headset connected to a party chat headset adapter....
  9. my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...: my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should i do? 370a1b5b-f8b7-4a82-85b4-9b70f152e643
  10. Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.: Hi All, I've tried game chats on NBA2K24, EAFC24, DayZ, Forza Motorsport 7 and although chat icons are appearing, I am unable to hear them and also my chat icon does not show either. Party chats...