Game chat issues

Discus and support Game chat issues in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Has anyone had an issue with game chat not working? My party chat works just fine but my chat doesn't work on anything. I've checked all the settings... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Big Lucky, Jul 15, 2023.

1. Big Lucky
    Big Lucky Guest

Game chat issues

Has anyone had an issue with game chat not working? My party chat works just fine but my chat doesn't work on anything. I've checked all the settings and tried everything in every video I've found and still nothing. How do I fix this?

:)

Big Lucky, Jul 15, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Game chat issues

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Is it happening on every game or is it only happening with one specific game?
  3. makumbang Win User

Game chat issues

I recommend a hard reset, and controller update with headset plugged into stereo headset adapter. If your in the middle of a party and it happens, just start a new party. Which fixes it till the next time it happens. Could be a NAT issue. Make sure you Port
    Forward orTrigger whichever you prefer. Ports 53 UDP and TCP, 80 TCP, 88 UDP, 3074 UDP and TCP, 500 UDP, 3544 UDP, 4500 UDP. All but the last three were also used by Xbox 360. Hope it helps!
  4. Mister Quimby Win User

Game chat issues

Hey there xProaReynoldsx!

Sorry to hear about the game chat issues. Just to make sure that we have not missed any troubleshooting steps, I recommend trying a few to see if we can get this issue sorted.

Please give the following steps a try:

• Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console for 5 seconds.
    • Once your console is powered off, unplug the power cord.
    • Unplug your headset from your controller.
    • Wait 5 minutes then plug in your headset and console.
    • Power on your console and try to join a chat to see if you are experiencing the issue in the lobby.

Give the suggest steps a try and let us know if you are still experiencing the chat issue.
  5. Big Lucky Win User

Game chat issues

It was happening on every game. It said there was no update for the controller but I tried it anyways and it updated again and so far so good. Thanks for trying to help
  6. xProaReynoldsx Win User

Game chat issues

Thank you all...I got it working again :)!
Thema:

Game chat issues

1. Game chat issues - Similar Threads - Game chat issues

2. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  5. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  6. Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?: Im a new streamer. I got a generic capture card from amazon and a chat link splitter. I get, video capture, and game audio capture but not game chat audio. I have tried everything to get even just...
  7. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat Issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat Issues: On PC as of a week ago, party chat only works if I have it open. When it’s closed, I can hear my friends, but they can’t hear me. I have found a temporary solution by disabling the xbox app’s...
  10. discord voice chat and in-game mic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    discord voice chat and in-game mic issue: when I'm using discord talking with friends my mic is not muted but when I play overwatch 2 and still in the voice channels that mic in game won't work and I have overwatch mic set to open I can't...