Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!!

Discus and support Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I left the preview program over 2 months ago however I was reporting this while in the program and its still an on going problem. I can not use any... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/morpheus2n2, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!!

I left the preview program over 2 months ago however I was reporting this while in the program and its still an on going problem.

I can not use any capture settings other then 4k HDR (my Consoles Res setting) all others present a very dark video/screenshot. I wouldn't mind but I can not at all upload 4k HDR videos to Youtube they just error out cos of the metadata or some crap like that. Please this problem has been going on since before the Series X and S came out it can't be that hard to fix seen as it was meant to be a built in function!!

submitted by /u/morpheus2n2
    [link] [comments]

/u/morpheus2n2, Mar 28, 2021
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Captures on external harddrive

I use a capture card because of this and another problem I encountered is that if you capture 4k HDR videos on external when you upload them to Youtube only the 4k aspect of it uploads but not the HDR and the video ends up looking weird
  3. Wactical Tank Win User

Game Capture Issues

I know the problem exists in both 4K SDR and HDR. I haven't experimented with 1080 capture and probably wont use it as it doesnt look good and captures at 30fps which is also weird.
  4. Anghellic Karma Win User

Captures on external harddrive

I use a capture card because of this and another problem I encountered is that if you capture 4k HDR videos on external when you upload them to Youtube only the 4k aspect of it uploads but not the HDR and the video ends up looking weird

Yeah, it's apparently difficult to capture HDR for YouTube. I also get a warning when streaming my gameplay to YouTube that HDR will not be streamed and so it may look different. And that goes for both major consoles even, so it's not limited to just the
    Xbox infrastructure.

I'm not a technical person (to that level), so I'm not sure of the underlying issue that causes that; whether it's something on YouTube's end, or something specific to HDR as a technical component of media.
  5. TheVet96 Win User

HDR washed out on Xbox One X and S on Philips HDR1000 monitor.

Have you looked through the Xbox Support channel on : "Do my TV and Xbox support 4K and HDR?"

link to steps:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/does-my-xbox-support-4k

If same problem persists, try other HDR apps like Amazon Prime, Netflix to test the HDR settings on videos. If you are still getting the same results for Xbox and the apps, I would lean heavily on your monitor not being capable as intended.
  6. tHe giafra sHoW Win User

HDR washed out on Xbox One X and S on Philips HDR1000 monitor.

Have you looked through the Xbox Support channel on : "Do my TV and Xbox support 4K and HDR?"

link to steps:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/does-my-xbox-support-4k

If same problem persists, try other HDR apps like Amazon Prime, Netflix to test the HDR settings on videos. If you are still getting the same results for Xbox and the apps, I would lean heavily on your monitor not being capable as intended.
    Yes, even the Xbox itself says that my monitor is compatible with 4k and HDR10 and both for gaming, as the auto-detect tool shows all the green-ticks except for Dolby Vision.

Monitor is certified VESA HDR1000, so it's definitely capable of HDR!
Thema:

Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!!

1. Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!! - Similar Threads - Game capture problems

2. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  3. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  4. How do I get back my old game captures?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get back my old game captures?: So I log into my Xbox today for the first time in a couple of months, and I find all my game captures, screenshots, etc are gone. Every memory from my childhood completely erased, I was not warned...
  5. All my local game captures have dissapeared

in XBoX on Consoles
    All my local game captures have dissapeared: Just recently powered up my old xbox one to retrieve and back up the clips i locally had stored on there but when i had checked for captures there were none to be found, checked around in settings...
  6. My x-box game bar capture option just dissapear, how do i fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My x-box game bar capture option just dissapear, how do i fix it?: I tried to upload a jpeg and png file but its just said that something went wrong so I cant show you the picture. But anyway, for some reason my xbox game bar just wont capture and when I go into...
  7. Game bar for pc not saving captures

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game bar for pc not saving captures: When I go to record a clip on the game bar for pc it says it records the clip but it doesn’t show it in the files or when I press to view my captures. It still says on the right it’s recording or...
  8. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  9. Xbox game bar countinues to say "There was a problem getting your captures"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar countinues to say "There was a problem getting your captures": I have been using the Xbox game bar to screen record usually but I was running out of storage. I moved the captures to a hard drive and when I started to record something else on my game bar it...
  10. Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games: Hello. My Series X is having this weird issue where commentator voices from several FIFA games (FIFA 23 and 22) aren’t getting captured by the Xbox DVR. I started noticing this 6 days ago. I can...