game bought via download on old account - want it on new account.

Discus and support game bought via download on old account - want it on new account. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We bought Farming Simulator on the original xbox account that was set up when we bought it. We created new accounts and deleted that one. Now we want... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by VisualLattice99, Feb 13, 2016.

1. game bought via download on old account - want it on new account.

We bought Farming Simulator on the original xbox account that was set up when we bought it. We created new accounts and deleted that one. Now we want to put FS on my son's new account but it appears that we need to purchase it again. We have the codes
    from the purchase and Giants Software says it's an Xbox issue so they were unable to help us. Can anyone here help?

:)

VisualLattice99, Feb 13, 2016
  2. RBeijers
    RBeijers Guest
    Naruto: Rise of a ninja

Allright it worked via my other acount but now I want to use it in my new account. But I can't...or at least I don't know how... So I downloaded it on my new old acount onto the HDD but is there a way I can use it or download it with my new account.

RBeijers, Feb 13, 2016
  3. Re-downloaded GTA IV but the game won't open?

I had an old account which I bought a on demand download of GTA IV on, but I forgot all the passwords years ago and decided to make a new account. I bought a years worth of xbox live membership and I recently remembered all the details to my old account
    and re-downloaded GTA IV. I tried to play it on my new account but it said that you can only play it on the account you bought it with. I tried transferring the licences on both accounts but I still can't play GTA IV on my new account.

Can anyone help?

LatestHickory2, Feb 13, 2016
  4. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest

Hey there!

Thanks for the support message.

Sorry, but since you deleted the account that you purchased the game on, all content is deleted as well. Purchased games can also not be transferred to another account either.

Cheers!

iNb4 Ownage, Feb 13, 2016
  5. That is garbage!!! game bought via download on old account - want it on new account. :( I purchased the game, paid money for it - I own it. Why can't I play it on any account I want if I have the codes????? What a money grab. If I went to a store and bought furniture for my house and then move, I can use the old furniture
    in the new house since I OWN IT!!!!

Can I at least log back into the old account to play the game?

VisualLattice99, Feb 13, 2016
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    As long as you have the log in information for the old account, you can sign into it and redownload the games. If you set the console as the Home console for that account, any profile on that console can share any of the games on that account.

Smwutches, Feb 13, 2016
  7. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Just to add, when you purchase digital content (not just for Xbox), you're purchasing a license to use the content, not the content itself. So you are limited to licensing restrictions.

Smwutches, Nov 2, 2018
  8. Smwutches Win User

As long as you have the log in information for the old account, you can sign into it and redownload the games. If you set the console as the Home console for that account, any profile on that console can share any of the games on that account.
  9. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Hey there!

Thanks for the support message.

Sorry, but since you deleted the account that you purchased the game on, all content is deleted as well. Purchased games can also not be transferred to another account either.

Cheers!
  10. Smwutches Win User

Just to add, when you purchase digital content (not just for Xbox), you're purchasing a license to use the content, not the content itself. So you are limited to licensing restrictions.
  11. VisualLattice99 Win User

That is garbage!!! :( I purchased the game, paid money for it - I own it. Why can't I play it on any account I want if I have the codes????? What a money grab. If I went to a store and bought furniture for my house and then move, I can use the old furniture
    in the new house since I OWN IT!!!!

Can I at least log back into the old account to play the game?
  12. RBeijers Win User

Naruto: Rise of a ninja

Allright it worked via my other acount but now I want to use it in my new account. But I can't...or at least I don't know how... So I downloaded it on my new old acount onto the HDD but is there a way I can use it or download it with my new account.
Thema:

1. game bought via download on old account - want it on new account. - Similar Threads - game bought via

2. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...
  3. I am playing Starfield on Xbox One S via Game Cloud. I bought the DLC, but am unable to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am playing Starfield on Xbox One S via Game Cloud. I bought the DLC, but am unable to...: I am playing Starfield on Xbox One via Game Cloud. Bought DLC, cant install it and so I cant use DLC. Shoukd i get a refund?? 730e964e-8247-468f-8bfa-75c1aa543892
  4. Minecraft installing via Xbox game pass not edition bought from official website.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft installing via Xbox game pass not edition bought from official website.: I have recently purchased Xbox game pass, and am looking to transfer my Minecraft onto a new device (I had previously bought Minecraft java from the official website). On my new device, when i run...
  5. Xbox Ultimate Game Pass bought via Smyths

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Ultimate Game Pass bought via Smyths: I bought an Ultimate Game Pass for two years for my son via Smyths as part of the deal with his Series S. He doesn’t have it on his console, what do I need to do?...
  6. I bought a game on MS store via redeemable code and today it says it got canceled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game on MS store via redeemable code and today it says it got canceled: I bought Sea Of Thieves with a key code , downloaded it after 2 days , and later when I tried to connect it says I don't own the game because "I asked for a refund". I didn't do anything of the...
  7. Bought game via code through PC on xbox.com

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought game via code through PC on xbox.com: Okay so I just typed in the code for the Smite Xbox One beta on my account but i typed it on the PC, so I was wondering if it will be there waiting to be downloaded when I turn on my xbox? Just a...
  8. Any way to preload the game even though you bought the physical disc via ms store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any way to preload the game even though you bought the physical disc via ms store?: My disc is being mailed to me on Tuesday 79ecb818-feac-4d7e-a8b0-aa59aea68af9
  9. Bought Gold - Don't receive free game via website

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Gold - Don't receive free game via website: So whats the deal? I re-bought Gold today. Wanted to redeem Dishonored, and xbox.com says: Gold players get more, purchase gold now! On my xbox 360 I can redeem the free game but not on the...
  10. Bought game via digital, not allowing me to download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought game via digital, not allowing me to download: bought the Transformers Devastation back in MARCH of this year. i cleared out some games from my hardrive, and when i went back to install this game its not listed. i have the order number and...