Game bar - Xbox game bar party cant hear me when the App is minimized.

Discus and support Game bar - Xbox game bar party cant hear me when the App is minimized. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello, When using the Game Bar, The party I am in can't hear my when the app is minimized. or I click off to continue using the PC. This is a new issue... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by James Drettwan, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Game bar - Xbox game bar party cant hear me when the App is minimized.

Hello, When using the Game Bar, The party I am in can't hear my when the app is minimized. or I click off to continue using the PC. This is a new issue that only raised during the most recent update to Game Bar.

I have ensured that my audio devices Mic and headset is on the proper capture and out put device.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the Game bar and Xbox app.

I have ensured that all of my privacy settings are open and available to everyone. Again this is a new issue that only came with the most recent updates.

I have ensured I have the most recent updates from both Windows and MS stores.

My PC is up to date.

is this an identified issue or am I missing steps?

Thank you for any response.

:)

James Drettwan, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hi, James D my name is Jose and I would be happy to help.

According to the description you have given, the problem is already an error from the new update mentioned above. I recommend that you contact Microsoft support directly to let them know about this problem. I am a player like you, I hope I have been of help.

https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

Have a good day, best regards Jose.
  3. Bostonjunk Win User

I've got the same issue, it started for me a few days ago - the only workaround currently is to reset the Game Bar by going to Settings > Apps > System Components. It'll then usually work until the next reboot.
  4. BadBrains 413 Win User

Gamebar Party Chat stops working when overlay is closed

You must have misunderstood or maybe I chose the wrong phrasing. When I say "close game bar" I mean minimize by pressing the windows key + G. This worked fine up until the latest update. Now when I join a party and minimize game bar by pressing windows key +G the other members of the party cannot hear me. When I press the shortcut key again and bring the game bar overlay back up, they can again hear me. This was not the case before last update. Only fix I've found that works is resetting the app in the settings menu, but this must be done every time I boot my PC or log into Xbox or game bar. Something has gone wrong with the latest update and game bar; looking through the support page and the forums I see a lot of people saying that certain game bar features have broken with the newest windows update.
  5. RyanDickey Win User

Game Bar and Xbox Companion Network bug

Game Bar and Xbox app conflict withneach other so bad. Once I installed Game Bar i had to remove Xbox App. But in the last two weeks Game Bar is working really bad. It refuses to let me join party chats. I send invites to party chat as well do not work.
    I tried to go back to xbox app since i can not tolerate half working software, and now Xbox app half works. No notification comes up at all for Xbox app but Game Bar persists even when i shut it of. I wanted uninstall Game Bar but you cant.

Game Bar is cool and all but not worth it. How do i get rid of it?
  6. BrianDrake3 Win User

My microphone shows I'm talking in settings but doesn't let me talk in game or on the Xbox game bar

If I go in the Xbox game bar the microphone settings detect my mic and the bar goes up but when I'm in a game or party nobody can hear me
Thema:

1. Game bar - Xbox game bar party cant hear me when the App is minimized. - Similar Threads - Game bar game

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  4. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  5. Xbox game bar party widget issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar party widget issue: When I am using Xbox game bar, the party widget often breaks and I can't hear anybody and they can't hear me. This always happens if I get kicked from a party but can also happen at other times...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  8. Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party: Over the last week or so i’ve noticed my game bar having issues while i’m in party chat. I’ll be able to hear my friends and talk no problem, then suddenly all sound from the party is gone, can’t...
  9. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  10. Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft: I used to have no problems with the looking for group widget in the Xbox game bar. Now, every time I play Minecraft (Windows Version) it fails to detect that I am playing it. Every time I go to...