Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

Discus and support Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DashedCanvas, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

submitted by /u/DashedCanvas
    [link] [comments]

/u/DashedCanvas, Apr 9, 2024
  2. T3rd Party Win User

Call of Duty download not working

Yes I've tried all the troubleahooting methods when I contacted MS Support. Nothing worked. I tried each method at least twice but the message still wont go away
  3. CraigBeare Win User

My Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 crashes with an specific game

I've been having this issue 3 days ago, when I was trying to open the game bar on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, but then it crashed. I tried opening it on other games and it worked just fine. I am still having this issue. Is it a common issue?,
    if not, how can i fix this?
    Ai
  4. RighteousDARRAN Win User

I am having trouble with my Hard Drive Transfer Cable

Hey senryu I've tried this method a few times now and it only seems to be recognised as a memory pen, it wont recognise as a hard drive.
  5. Jomari Arc Win User

Gamebar "Can't record right now, try again later."

Hi,

There are several reasons why Game bar always says "can't record right now try again later", in this case some of the components of the game are maybe corrupted or the drivers of your PC needs to be updated. We would suggest you try the following methods
    below:

Method 1:

Here is a
    link
    on how to Fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

Method 2:

Her is an
    article
    on how to troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10.

Keep us in the loop if you need assistance in the future.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Game Bar Insistently Wont Open

I'm at a loss then.... wiping the primary drive during installation would leave nothing on there at all so that no remnants would be carried over. So there should be no reason why it won't work.

The only thing I can think of is that whatever is causing the issue may be causing issues with the Win 10 ISO.... if possible, I'd try downloading the Win 10 Installation to USB on a different computer, one you know has no issues. I have seen people before who have had issues persist because the USB was done on a problematic machine.

Do you have 2 hard drives by any chance? Maybe try installing Windows on the other drive, even if it's just temporary to test. I doubt the hard drive is a cause but, at this point, I am just grasping at straws coming up with a solution.

If you haven't already, you could always double check your RAM... again, I doubt it's an issue but no harm in doing it, sometimes slightly flaky RAM can cause weird problems (I have seen flaky RAM cause internet connection issues before so anything is possible):

MemTest86

Will need to be run overnight to ensure all the runs are done. I'd also after try removing one of the RAM sticks and see what happens. If the issue persists, swap them out and try again. That combination will show if it is the RAM or not

EDIT: One final thought at this time: What anti-virus program do you run? Is it Windows Defender or is it a 3rd party program like Avast, Kaspersky, Norton and the like? If it's a 3rd party one, then uninstall it. They have been known to cause conflicts, especially if they have a real-time scanner.

Also, do you have gaming software, Razer etc? Those can also cause issues.

Having said those last 2 things, if you tried the Game Bar straight after reinstalling Windows before installing other programs, then they are irrelevant
Thema:

Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

1. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods - Similar Threads - Game Bar wont

2. Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.: As said in the title after the recent game bar update I cant get invites to games or parties on the game bar. It works whenever I restart my PC or reset the app but then after a good few hrs, it...
  3. Xbox party chat wont work unless game bar overlay is actively open

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox party chat wont work unless game bar overlay is actively open: need a fix asap, tryna play games and party wont work, ive tried everything i can find and nothing has worked. i just need a simple fix for windows 11 home version, i cannot access background apps...
  4. game bar wont install on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game bar wont install on pc: why cant i download the xbox game bar the download keeps failing and its throwing 2 error codes 0x80240438 and 0x800706ba ive tried every single fix microsoft said to none of them worked...
  5. my xbox botoon wont bring up game bar everytimee i turn game bar on it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox botoon wont bring up game bar everytimee i turn game bar on it turns off: i need help my game bar wont stay on 150df102-fffe-42d5-862e-cc9f29077444
  6. why wont forza horizon 5 let me log in with x box game bar?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why wont forza horizon 5 let me log in with x box game bar?: [img] i need help pls be very spiffic so i can understand things thx. a36121ec-12db-4f9d-84c2-d9e287a72ebd
  7. xbox game bar party chat wont pick up my voice but the audio widget does

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar party chat wont pick up my voice but the audio widget does: “so maybe someone can help, for about a month now i can not talk in game bar chat. it picks up my mic under the voice section for the mix widget, and discord works as well. ive done everything ive...
  8. I was deleting some captures on the Xbox Game Bar on windows 11 and for some reason it wont...

in XBoX on Windows
    I was deleting some captures on the Xbox Game Bar on windows 11 and for some reason it wont...: The subject says it all, I cant delete captures on Xbox Game Bar, I'm looking for a way to fix this without restarting my computer because for some reason my CPU fans dont run on boot for some...
  9. my xbox game bar wont work right

in XBoX on Windows
    my xbox game bar wont work right: it records games but when i see the recorded clip, it hasnt recorded it in full screen. as you can see in the screen shots, how it is and how it is in game. is there any way to fix this? [img]...
  10. Game Bar wont let me change accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Bar wont let me change accounts: I have a game which I bought via the Windows Store. I have two different xbox accounts that I use on it. When I switch to my other account it signs me in fine inside game bar but as soon as I...