Game Bar won't let me record any program but games

Discus and support Game Bar won't let me record any program but games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; It won't let me post a screenshot, but I get that error message "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or file explorer", I'm not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Andrea__15, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Andrea__15
    Andrea__15 Guest

It won't let me post a screenshot, but I get that error message "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or file explorer", I'm not trying to record my desktop or anything, I'm trying to record an Adobe Program for a school project, and I looked it up and apparently you can screen record other programs with the Game Bar not just games. I'm just wondering if it's possible at all or if I should download another program that will let me. It does work with the few games I have, but I've tried every tutorial and changed every setting to get it to work for other programs and it won't let me. I'm on Windows 11 if that helps and I have updated my drivers. I have an ASUS TUF Gaming F15 so it should be able to run things gaming-related, I suppose... I'm not super good with computers, I also get a message in the game bar settings that says my system doesn't support DIRECTX 12 ULTIMATE but I'm not trying anything complicated I just want to screen-record.

:)

Andrea__15, Jan 9, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: