Game bar sending output audio or "echo"

Discus and support Game bar sending output audio or "echo" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I came across a thread that stated people having this same exact problem.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CIOLKO, Nov 5, 2021.

1. CIOLKO
    CIOLKO Guest

I came across a thread that stated people having this same exact problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/party-chat-echo-windows-10-xbox-gamebar/41d190a3-d416-425a-a4b3-dfa1cc032f45

When ever I enter a party on my on the game bar with my PC (up to date), there is a very bad echo. I assumed it was my mic gain, but messing with it did nothing. It does not matter if I use my boom mic, or mic on my headset, there was still an echo.

I muted myself manually on the headset switch (with input being the headset), and noticed that I was still "echoing." So I went ahead and removed all of my devices that could record audio form the pc, including the headset. People in my party were talking, and their audio was clearly coming from me.

I post my question here because is is a game bar related issue. My pc is up to date, I re-installed drivers already, and I can recreate this issue with no audio device even plugged into my pc. This problem does not happen on Zoom, Discord, or game chat any titles I play.

:)

CIOLKO, Nov 5, 2021
  2. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello CIOLKO,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

Try making sure your input and output devices are set correctly under the Audio window for both Mix and Input.

You can also try starting a party by yourself by clicking the three dots in the Xbox Social window and then clicking on the "Xbox party chat" button that appears at the bottom of the Audio window.

From there, you can adjust your party audio devices and settings to see if that helps out.

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
  3. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Headset Echoing

If using headset for game audio and chat, mute the TV or any device your game and chat audio is coming through and make sure 'chat' is set to output through headset only. If you have your tv volume up in the background while you're on the headset there
    will probably be echoing especially if you have your party audio set to output through your TV.
  4. Kenobi_KG Win User

party chat echo windows 10 (xbox gamebar)

Hello, you have to go to the Xbox Game Bar settings (group chat), and set the correct audio output and audio input.

tell me if it works
  5. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Xbox game sounds

Thank you for the clarification.

Do you have the sound configured in the Xbox to go to speakers or to Headset?

You can check by going to System > Settings > General > Volume & audio output. From there you'll be able to check output and chat mixer. See if any of those settings might be preventing audio from coming through the headset.

Also, try opening your Xbox menu by pressing the home button on your controller, then clicking "audio". There should be a volume bar for game vs voice chat below the regular audio bar. Moving this bar to the right makes the game louder and voice chat quieter, moving it to the left makes voice chat louder and the game quieter.
  6. Tanquen1 Win User

Audio too low from desktop apps when using Capture on Windows 10

It's like it used to record from the mic and from the audio sent to the headset and audio sent to the speakers but now its the mic and only the audio output selected in the sound setting in the system tray on the windows task bar.
Thema:

1. Game bar sending output audio or "echo" - Similar Threads - Game bar sending

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  4. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  5. Xbox game bar party widget issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar party widget issue: When I am using Xbox game bar, the party widget often breaks and I can't hear anybody and they can't hear me. This always happens if I get kicked from a party but can also happen at other times...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  8. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  9. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  10. Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone: So I'm running Windows 11 and I use the game bar a lot because I have friends on Xbox but for some reason, I don't always get notifications for party or game invites. I occasionally receive them...