Game Bar "record last minute" doesn't record mic but manually recording does but it records...

Discus and support Game Bar "record last minute" doesn't record mic but manually recording does but it records... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; recording the last minute gets everything but my mic and if i manually record it gets my mic but it gets my internal instead of my external Quadcast S... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Yaki �, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Yaki �
    Yaki � Guest

Game Bar "record last minute" doesn't record mic but manually recording does but it records...

recording the last minute gets everything but my mic and if i manually record it gets my mic but it gets my internal instead of my external Quadcast S microphone

im on windows 11

my default mic is the Quadcast S as well but when i record manually it still uses the internal

:)

Yaki �, Jul 13, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Game Bar "record last minute" doesn't record mic but manually recording does but it records my internal mic and not my external

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Game Bar "record last minute" doesn't record mic but manually recording does but it records my internal mic and not my external

Hello Yaki ,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you cannot use the external microphone when doing recording using Xbox game bar. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured that we will provide enough information on how to resolve your concern.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue.

1. Have you tried using different external microphone to record and still experiencing the same?

2. Is it working before?

3. Do you mean you are using two microphones which is internal and external?

4. How is your microphone connected? Is through Bluetooth or USB connection?

For the meantime, here are the things that we can do.

1. Make sure your Windows is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Change your capturing settings in Xbox Game Bar.

• To open Xbox Game Bar settings, press the Windows logo key + G, and then select Settings and Capturing.
    • Under Audio to record, select All. This option lets you record all sounds during a capture, such as your mic, background music, and system sounds.

For your reference, see: Adjust capture settings on Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. J4boi Win User

Turn off auto game clip saving?

You have to set it manually to automatically record the last 5 minutes, but on default it will record the last 30 seconds
  5. Cheetahgamer247 Win User

what is this option in game bar recording?

You can open Game bar and click record. That allows you to record for how ever long you need. Yes it will be one file but it slows the game down and displays a recording icon. you can also record the last 10 minutes without the slow down and icon that
    is what Recording in the background is.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox One X Sees My External HDD (4TB) / Correctly Formatted / Set As Capture location / Only offers 2min. Recording @ 1080p / NOT 60 MINUTES

ignore it i have the same, it states 2 minutes but im thinking that is for capture last moment and its not working right.

I manually recorded a game last night and recorded 47 minutes with no issues.
Thema:

1. Game Bar "record last minute" doesn't record mic but manually recording does but it records... - Similar Threads - Game Bar record

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  4. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  5. game Bar does not record my microphone properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    game Bar does not record my microphone properly: When recording a game via Game Bar, my voice sounds somewhat broken on the clip. my mic works perfectly fine, and it only sounds broken on the recording. It is also only my mic audio, not the...
  6. Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...: Just wondering how to capture in a different resolution than the Desktop/Default/Game is set at? For example, if your Desktop is set to 1920x1080, and the Game itself starts and runs at...
  7. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  8. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  9. My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?

in XBoX on Windows
    My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?: I’ve been using the xbox gaming bar for quite some time, but I can’t seem to find the place to change the video quality and when I record, my cursor always seems to be out of place. Like for...
  10. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...