Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it

Discus and support Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I like to use the "record last 30 second" feature of the xbox gamebar. However, if I'm playing a game and hit win+alt+G my mic will not be... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ThopCop, Jun 29, 2022.

1. ThopCop
    ThopCop Guest

Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it

Hello,

I like to use the "record last 30 second" feature of the xbox gamebar. However, if I'm playing a game and hit win+alt+G my mic will not be recorded. All the other audio is fine and is recorded, just not my own voice. I have found that manually selecting the "turn off mic while recording" button and immediately selecting it again (which now says "turn on mic while recording") the recording software will now actually record my mic. However, it is very annoying to have to toggle this button every time I start a game, especially if that game doesn't play nice with overlays. Is there any fix?

Just to recap: normally the capture does not pick up my mic, but if I toggle the mic in the game bar's capture window, it will now pick up my voice like it is supposed to.

Thanks.

***Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other***

:)

ThopCop, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi ThopCop,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi ThopCop,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Regards,
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi ThopCop,

Greetings! Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

We understand you are trying to record your last 30 seconds with your voice and game audio on. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Based on your description, your Xbox Game Bar needs to turn off and turn back on before your microphone be detected or at least saved and be heard on recording. To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. May we ask if you are using an external microphone or headset's microphone?
    2. Do you have issues recording your voice if you are using Voice Recorder app on Windows?

To do that please go to Start Menu and search for Voice Recorder and record your voice.
    3. Is this issue happened after an update? Or same issue from the start of using the microphone.
    Suggested troubleshooting:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. J4boi Win User

Turn off auto game clip saving?

You have to set it manually to automatically record the last 5 minutes, but on default it will record the last 30 seconds
  6. mystrllwhat Win User

Xbox Game Bar record last 30 seconds not working

Hey! Sorry for the late reply, but "regular recordings" means the Win+Alt+R shortcut that records the screen. I tried to repair Xbox Game Bar but I still can't use the record last 30 seconds feature.
Thema:

1. Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it - Similar Threads - Game Bar record

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  4. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  5. game Bar does not record my microphone properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    game Bar does not record my microphone properly: When recording a game via Game Bar, my voice sounds somewhat broken on the clip. my mic works perfectly fine, and it only sounds broken on the recording. It is also only my mic audio, not the...
  6. Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...: Just wondering how to capture in a different resolution than the Desktop/Default/Game is set at? For example, if your Desktop is set to 1920x1080, and the Game itself starts and runs at...
  7. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  8. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  9. My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?

in XBoX on Windows
    My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?: I’ve been using the xbox gaming bar for quite some time, but I can’t seem to find the place to change the video quality and when I record, my cursor always seems to be out of place. Like for...
  10. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...