Game Bar Party Chat On PC is Extremely Quiet

Discus and support Game Bar Party Chat On PC is Extremely Quiet in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've recently made the switch from Xbox to pc however most of my friends still play on the Xbox. This was no issue as I now use the integrated game bar... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AlexJCamp, Mar 13, 2021.

1. AlexJCamp
    AlexJCamp Guest

I've recently made the switch from Xbox to pc however most of my friends still play on the Xbox. This was no issue as I now use the integrated game bar on pc to talk to them. This was fine until I noticed they are extremely quiet. Would like to point out one of my friends also talk on pc in which they are very quiet too. We are talking Chrome and Games being on 5% volume compared to the Game Bar being at maxed to get a reasonable audio level. I have checked all the separate party volume controls in the game bar in which they are maxed. This is supported by the YouTube game bar overlay being extremely loud compared to the party chat.

I am trying to sort this issue out because when I talk to my friends on game bar, my audio visualisers only detect them rather than the music.

I have tried many solutions found online like equalizers etc. but to no prevail. This also seems to be a rare issue as I had only found one other post about this but sadly with no fixed solutions.

I have tested this issue on 2 other pc's in the house and they have the same issue. This makes me think that it may not be a PC related issue but possibly an external issue like Voice over IP. I would also like to add that when I do talk to others the connection is clear with no cuts or static hums, it is purely volume.

I currently use a USB Dac and condenser microphone however I also tried audio jack headphones in multiple output ports in the 3 different computers but I end up with the same problem.

I would really appreciate some help with this,

Thanks/

:)

AlexJCamp, Mar 13, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

PC Audio Quiet when using Xbox Game Bar Party chat

Hi there Evan welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Let's try to run the Playing Audio troubleshooter:

Click the Cortana button to open Windows 10’s search box.

Enter the keyword troubleshooter in the search box.

Click Troubleshoot to open the Settings window as shown directly below.

Select the listed Playing Audio troubleshooter and press the Run the troubleshooter button to open the window shown below.

Then the troubleshooter might detect and fix the audio issue. If the troubleshooter fixes something, you might also need to restart Windows for the changes to take effect.
  3. Waddaboo Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset - Others can barely hear me

I've found that I'm still extremely quiet to my friends on party chat, but when I do a voice over (headset not Kinect) in Upload Studio my voice is crystal clear. I think it must be a firmware issue... Has anyone else got any insight into this issue?
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

no notificacions in the xbox app

If you have the latest update, then party invites don't go to the Xbox Console Companion app anymore, and they go straight to the Game Bar. Same for party chat on the PC.

To access the Game Bar, just press the Windows button and G at the same time, you should be able to see your invites there.
  5. AdzFoz Win User

Partychat variable/adaptable Volume

Would be a nice addition to party chat as there are loud people out there and quiet ones.
  6. MarkOfYore Win User

Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings are correct on both Xbox And Gamebar apps.

There is a workaround: in Game Bar you can pin the party chat so that it stays active when the Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget. Hopefully they fix it properly soon.
Thema:

1. Game Bar Party Chat On PC is Extremely Quiet - Similar Threads - Game Bar Party

2. Xbox game bar party widget issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar party widget issue: When I am using Xbox game bar, the party widget often breaks and I can't hear anybody and they can't hear me. This always happens if I get kicked from a party but can also happen at other times...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party: Over the last week or so i’ve noticed my game bar having issues while i’m in party chat. I’ll be able to hear my friends and talk no problem, then suddenly all sound from the party is gone, can’t...
  5. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  6. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...
  7. xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party: [img] I cant open group chats for fh5 in xbox game bar PC d7d5175a-8df0-4f3a-adde-1aea4ac5af2e
  8. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...
  9. Xbox game bar party not working due to internet

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar party not working due to internet: I’ve recently had an issue with Xbox parties on PC and me not being able to connect I’ve narrowed the cause of the problem to be something with my wifi/router because I would join a party and then...
  10. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...