Game Bar mutes my Mic when I click to the game I'm playing.

Discus and support Game Bar mutes my Mic when I click to the game I'm playing. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; On my PC, recently, when I am in Party Chat it mutes my mic when I switch to play the game I'm playing. For example, I will be playing Warzone 3 and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jason Hall3, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Jason Hall3
    Jason Hall3 Guest

On my PC, recently, when I am in Party Chat it mutes my mic when I switch to play the game I'm playing. For example, I will be playing Warzone 3 and the only time my party can hear me is when I hit (windows + G) and have the game bar overlay on my screen. As soon as I click back to Fullscreen my game my mic no longer works but I can hear my party members just fine. Other apps work fine like discord but this issue with game bar is driving me crazy. Things I've done thus far; I have ensured my App has permissions to my mic, it does. I confirmed the correct mic is selected, it is, I deleted all other items that are not my headset. I have done reset and repair for the game bar app. I am lost on what else to try.

Thanks for the help.

Jason

:)

Jason Hall3, Dec 18, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi, Jason my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

The issue you're describing with your microphone being heard only when the Game Bar is open can be frustrating, but there are several things you can try to fix it:

1. Check your microphone settings:

Ensure your microphone is set as the default input device in both Windows Sound settings and the Game Bar settings. Go to Settings > System > Sound, then choose "Manage sound devices" and verify your microphone is set as the default for both "Input" and "Microphone."
    Open the Game Bar (Win + G) and click on the microphone icon. Confirm the correct microphone is selected and adjust the volume slider if needed.

Update drivers:

Outdated or corrupted audio drivers can cause microphone issues. Update your Audio and Microphone drivers by searching for "Device Manager" in Windows and expanding the "Audio inputs and outputs" category. Right-click your microphone and choose "Update driver." Select "Search automatically for updated driver software."

Grant microphone access to apps:

Make sure that both the Game Bar and the specific game you're playing have access to your microphone. Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone. Under "Allow apps to access your microphone," toggle on the switch for "Game Bar" and the game you're experiencing the issue with.

Reset Xbox Live settings:

Sometimes, corrupted Xbox Live settings can cause microphone issues. Open the Game Bar (Win + G) and click on the gear icon. In Settings, choose "Gaming" and then "Network." Click on "Fix it" under "NAT type." This will attempt to reset your Xbox Live connection and resolve any potential issues.

Troubleshoot additional settings:

Check if Windows Communication Platform (WCP) service is running. Press Win + R and type "services.msc." Find "Windows Communication Platform" and make sure it's "Started" and set to "Automatic."

Disable exclusive mode for sound devices. Right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar, choose "Sounds," then right-click your speakers and select "Properties." Under the "Advanced" tab, uncheck the box for "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device."

Note: Some of the information, which were gained from this answer, were received in a thread on the Microsoft forum by Microsoft Agent Moderator Geri M. , and it seemed a good idea, to share this information with you. Source of information (credits) :

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/2a9b4380-2595-4cf8-a466-cd0a5750dbc1

For your reference, I've included some links where you can find more details about the solutions I suggested

https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-windows-xbox-game-bar-mic-not-working/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
  3. brightdowned Win User

xbox game bar not picking up audio from microphone

I don't have any other microphones to test with unfortunately, I'm using the mic on my headset. Reinstalling the game bar made no difference either.

I checked through the capture settings and it only seems to mute me when the "audio to record" is set to "all" ( i.e game audio, microphone, all other apps ), but not when it's set to "game" ( game audio + mic ). But the issue with this setting is that I want my discord calls / party members to be heard in the clips and recordings too. So I'm very much at a loss :(
  4. Duffx8 Win User

Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar

Has there been a solution to this issue? Just running into it myself for the first time. Trying to game with my brother, when I enter the game window party chat mutes my mic. I hit windows + g, game bar is open, he can hear me. Frustrating.
  5. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
  6. BrianDrake3 Win User

My microphone shows I'm talking in settings but doesn't let me talk in game or on the Xbox game bar

If I go in the Xbox game bar the microphone settings detect my mic and the bar goes up but when I'm in a game or party nobody can hear me
Thema:

1. Game Bar mutes my Mic when I click to the game I'm playing. - Similar Threads - Game Bar mutes

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. Why does Xbox game bar mute audio when I start a recording?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game bar mute audio when I start a recording?: When I open Xbox Game bar it never remembers which device I set for default output or input device on either the Mix or Voice tab. When I record a clip or Start a recording it auto mutes and I'm...
  4. Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again: Hello, Whenever I want to use the Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds of my games, the microphone icon appears unmuted, but actually is muted. I have to press mute and unmute to make it work...
  5. Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar: I am on windows 11. I am using an Arctis Nova Pro headset and I am connected to Xbox and PC. I switch the USB input when I want to use the headset on PC. It works fine. I want to talk to my...
  6. Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 pretends to be muted, despite not being muted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 pretends to be muted, despite not being muted.: Hi everyone. Over the past month or so, I've been having a strange issue with the Game Bar on Windows 11. Every time I launch a game, it refuses to record my microphone unless I mute it in game...
  7. Why does use of Xbox Party Chat via Xbox Game bar mute all OTHER audio?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does use of Xbox Party Chat via Xbox Game bar mute all OTHER audio?: I discovered this issue a few days ago, with no success in fixing it. Whenever I join a party with my friends through PC (Windows 10), the only audio left is their voices. I am usually playing...
  8. Game Bar keeps muting my mic whenever i alt tab

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar keeps muting my mic whenever i alt tab: So, I decided to give the clipping feature a go a while ago, and since then, every time I go into a game and try to clip/record something, it records without capturing my mic unless i start a...
  9. Toggle mute not working on game bar???

in XBoX on Windows
    Toggle mute not working on game bar???: So on the Xbox game bar no matter what I do I cannot get mic on/off to work. Can someone help? I have gone into the game bar setting, into the windows settings, I save every time I change the key...
  10. Game Bar Mute Toggle

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar Mute Toggle: For people that use Xbox Game Bar on PC and stream, we need to have a mute toggle added! PTT is not a viable option! 65a67398-0a05-41fb-a123-96682b386001