Game Bar keeps muting my mic whenever i alt tab

Discus and support Game Bar keeps muting my mic whenever i alt tab in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I decided to give the clipping feature a go a while ago, and since then, every time I go into a game and try to clip/record something, it records... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by piqseu, Apr 24, 2023.

1. piqseu
    piqseu Guest

So, I decided to give the clipping feature a go a while ago, and since then, every time I go into a game and try to clip/record something, it records without capturing my mic unless i start a normal recording, enable my microphone and stop the recording (I have to do that every single time windows explorer gets focused, whether by alt tabbing, pressing Win+E by any other way)

I've been looking for an answer for quite some time now, and tried a bunch of things to get this problem solved, which includes:

• Reinstalling Game Bar (by uninstalling it through Powershell and installing through msstore)
    • Reinstalling Windows
    • Using other Game Bar versions (including older ones, even the one included in the 2015 release of W10)
    • Using another computer
    • Trying it in a Virtual Machine (even KVMs)
    • Checking "Turn mic on by default when I record" in Windows Settings
    • Disabling/Enabling Game Mode
    • Manually setting "MicrophoneCaptureEnabled" to 1 in "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR"
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • sfc /scannow
    • Killing explorer.exe (sadly, UWP apps don't work without explorer for some reason)
    • Blindly listening to what ChatGPT has to say about this (ok i didn't really do this one)
    Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance!!

:)

piqseu, Apr 24, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: