Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area...

Discus and support Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I updated the Xbox game bar and I want to be able to talk to my friends while game bar is running in the background. The update disabled game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by David Scott77, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area...

Hello, I updated the Xbox game bar and I want to be able to talk to my friends while game bar is running in the background. The update disabled game bar's permission to run in the background, and when I go to settings, game bar, then advanced settings, there is no option to control if it runs in the background or not. Where do I go to allow it to run in the background?

:)

David Scott77, Dec 16, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area in windows 11 right now. Any ideas on how to make it run in the background?

Hello David!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're trying to run Xbox Game Bar in the background. In this case we recommend you try the following steps:

1. Open the Xbox Game Bar by pressing the Windows key + G.

2. Click on the Settings icon (gear icon) on the Game Bar.

3. Under the General tab, toggle on the "Enable Xbox Game Bar for things like recording game clips, chatting with friends, and receiving game invites" option.

4. Close the Game Bar and check if it's running in the background.

If the above steps don't work, you can try resetting the Xbox Game Bar app. Here's how:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps.

3. Scroll down and click on Xbox Game Bar.

4. Click on Advanced options.

5. Scroll down and click on Reset.

6. Restart your computer and check if the Game Bar is running in the background.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. David Scott77 Win User

Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area in windows 11 right now. Any ideas on how to make it run in the background?

I FOUND THE ANSWER!!! (for now at least, until Microsoft fixes their ****). If you pin the party chat in xbox game bar, itll keep running when you tab out.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello David,

Thanks for getting back to us.

That issue seems to be suggestion which we, Xbox Support cannot implement. We appreciate your idea for a suggestion like this to exist. As this is a Windows device feature suggestion, we advise you to bring this to the right people.

We understand our reply is not fit to your question, we hope that by bringing this concern to the attention of Windows Team. This will come to fruition. Please use this guide to send this suggestion to the team: Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app - Microsoft Support

Happy Holidays to you!

Regards,
  5. David Scott77 Win User

The problem is with Windows not having a place in settings to enable apps to run in the background
  6. Vivian Dsena Win User

Party Chat Trouble Exclamation Point Triangle

1. Open the Xbox Game Bar and navigate to its settings: Check the microphone settings within the Game Bar to ensure it's using the correct microphone and that the microphone access is allowed both in-game and while the Game Bar is running in the background.
    2. Background App Permissions: Your computer might have certain settings that prevent apps from running in the background or accessing the microphone when they're not in focus. Check your system's privacy settings to ensure that background apps have the necessary permissions.
    Best Regards by:

Funny Names
Thema:

Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area...

1. Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area... - Similar Threads - Game bar doesn't

2. Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft: I used to have no problems with the looking for group widget in the Xbox game bar. Now, every time I play Minecraft (Windows Version) it fails to detect that I am playing it. Every time I go to...
  3. Can Xbox Game Bar use the iGPU for encoding if the dGPU doesn't support it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Xbox Game Bar use the iGPU for encoding if the dGPU doesn't support it?: Greetings all, I'm thinking of buying a GPU (the RX 6400) for a build, but I'm being devastated by the caveat of the 6400 not having any encoding support. I use Game Bar to record quite...
  4. Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings: I was trying to do some recordings but my game bar didn't want to turn the mic on. When I went to the microphone privacy settings, Game Bar simply wasn't on the list [img] This has never...
  5. Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings: I was trying to do some recordings but my game bar didn't want to turn the mic on. When I went to the microphone privacy settings, Game Bar simply wasn't on the list. This has never happened to...
  6. Whenever I get a Xbox Game Bar Message Notification it doesn't let me use Game Bar Keybind...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I get a Xbox Game Bar Message Notification it doesn't let me use Game Bar Keybind...: So about 4 months ago I decided to get a new computer and upgrade to Windows 11. it was around March and April where when I would get a Xbox Game Bar Notification I would try to use the Shortcut...
  7. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  8. XBox Game Bar doesn't open

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Game Bar doesn't open: Hello, my XBox game bar cannot open. It's been about 3-4 months since I got this laptop and the game bar only opened once and then closed again, and I never got to open it since. Background apps...
  9. Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again: Hello, Whenever I want to use the Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds of my games, the microphone icon appears unmuted, but actually is muted. I have to press mute and unmute to make it work...
  10. guys my xbox game bar doesn't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    guys my xbox game bar doesn't open: i tried everything,my windows version is 10 pro 19045,i tried unistalling it from the powershell, i tried uncheck and check the xbox game bar settings but none of this worked, please help, i need...